All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
UTI questions! (This is my first one!)
      #125856 - 11/28/04 02:27 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I know I have seen UTI discussions go around in the Living Room, but I never paid them much mind, since I never had one... well, not anymore!
The antibiotics say the have a side effect of D (great!), but my pharmacist says that if I eat with them it won't happen. Is he lying? Anyone's Urinary tract infection affect their IBS at all?
Grrrrr... it is sooooooo painful! I can't beleive something like this happens, I was in the bathroom last night for four hours trying to pee and pee again and it hurt SOOOOO bad, and I was letting out the occasional blood. I was so scared since I never had one before, I didn't know what was going on til I called my mom.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UTI questions! (This is my first one!) new
      #125872 - 11/28/04 03:26 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I have had UTI in the past but not since getting IBS!!! Just wanted to say big hugs!!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#125873 - 11/28/04 03:26 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Sorry to hear you have the nasty UTI. They suck. Whether or not the antibiotics give you D, you have no choice but to take them. They are the only thing that will kill the infection. You can also buy some Uristat (not sure on the spelling) over the counter, for the symptoms -- but this will not kill the infection.
To quote my mom when I got my first UTI: "They are very common when you first get married or first start having relations." Yes, my mom said "relations." Anyway, she's right, and the golden rule is to always ALWAYS pee immediately after sex. Don't even shower first, as washing yourself can cause you to force some of the bacteria around.
Anyway, feel better, and buy some Northland or Knudsen cranberry juice. The Northland is 100% juice, 27% of which is cranberry, and the Knudsen is 100% cranberry and INSANELY tart, but you only need 3oz a day to get the benefits of cranberry juice.
Feel better!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#125881 - 11/28/04 04:08 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

My kidney problems and UTI infections came before my IBS/colitis attacks so I can't comment on how they interact. However, the antibiotics ALWAYS made me horrendously nauseus. If it says to take it with food on the bottle, definately do. When I used to get UTI's, the first few days on the antibiotics I was more miserable than before. But after a few days on the meds I'd start to feel better. Drink lots of cranberry juice since that will help keep you from getting future UTIs. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Meg

#125883 - 11/28/04 04:11 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I've never had one but hear they can be painful. Sorry to hear that and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks everyone, and I am feelin alittle better now! -nt- new
      #125927 - 11/28/04 07:07 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 754

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review