BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steph- ---nt----- new
      #125934 - 11/28/04 08:15 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Thanks everyone!

I'm feeling optimistic about things! I'm not spotting a lot. Just a little bit and its not bad.... I was just worried when I firs posted...but I thought back to my last pregnancy and the same thing happened and I have a healthy little girl now. I've been on some of the baby boards and read that a lot of women are having the same things happen and then everything is ok!

I'm just going to think positive. So thanks for your kindness and prayers!! I'll let you know how the appt goes!

--------------------

Re: Update new
      #126060 - 11/29/04 09:49 AM
LittleLamb

Reged: 07/22/04
Loc: USA

Hi StephS -

There is something you can do about the spotting. There are several possible causes of spotting during pregnancy - one is very easy to solve. I read your post and I felt compelled to tell you about this! Not many people let alone medical professionals know about this solution. (I am a RN.)

Women's fertility, ability to maintain a pregnancy and menstrual cycles can all be affected by light pollution at night. Many women who have had irregular cycles, several miscarriages or difficulty conceiving find success after adequately darkening their sleeping area. If you intervene quickly and maintain the darkness throughout the pregnancy, you should be able to carry the baby to term (if this is the cause of your spotting).

Here's how:

Your bedroom is dark enough if 15 minutes (gives your eyes time to adjust) after you turn off the lights your room is completely dark. You should NOT be able to make out objects in the room (furniture, fabric patterns, etc.) You should only be able to navigate your room only by feeling your way very slowly.

Possible sources of light pollution are drapes or blinds that do not adequately cover your windows, skylights, alarm clock liquid crystal displays, hall lights, nightlights, etc. Just simply cover them up, tape over them or put a towel under your door.

Fabric stores sell blackout fabric that you could tack up over your windows at night. Make sure that the edges don't allow light to leak in. I have found that thick black polar fleece works well too. I keep my alarm clock on the floor just under my bed so the light does not reach my eyes. Since my room is so dark, I keep a small flashlight on my nighstand in case I have to get up to go to the bathroom.

You should not see light in your room until about 7 am. It should not be a bright beam of light, but more of a diffuse soft glow.

After implementing these changes most couples find that they sleep better as well as the above mentioned health benefits. After darkening their children's sleeping areas many children sleep better too!

I know that this sounds a bit crazy to some, but it really is true. I have literature on this topic and it has scientific backing. Light pollution at night does affect hormonal balance in women and therefore effects fertility, ability to maintain a pregnancy and menstrual cycles.

StephS - I am praying for you and your baby. I too have lost a baby to miscarriage and it is very difficult. I hope that you have found this helpful. You have nothing to lose by trying (except the cost of the fabric and the time it takes to move or cover light producing items in your room). It is a minor inconvenience at first, but you will get used to it.

Anybody who reads this please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

LittleLamb

Thank you Little Lamb! new
      #126067 - 11/29/04 10:10 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

That is very interisting. I do have a half moon window...if that's what they are called

So I'll have to give that a try. I never sleep good, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thanks for the info and your kind words and prayers!

Lots of love,

--------------------

Re: My thoughts and prayers are with you, Steph- ---nt----- new
      #126068 - 11/29/04 10:10 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Sorry you holiday was so crazy. I thought mine was going to be like that. I had to leave work earlyt to take my son to the doctors to make sure he didn't still have his ear infection. (a few sleepless nights led me to do that) They gave him some abuterol?sp to help loosen him up. But no infection. I also hope that things go well at your appointment today! Lots of hugs!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2812

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review