All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Resisted temptation in my own kitchen!
      #124065 - 11/20/04 03:32 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

There is the biggest packet of the YUMMIEST chocolate biscuits (cookies) in my kitchen. Milk Chocolate Hobnobs. They are very high fat oatmeal cookies coated in real milk chocolate. I walked past the pack which belongs to my brother about 25 times today and didn't clear it away. the 26th time I decided that one wouldn't do me any harm.

THEN MY INNER STRONG IBS SUFFERER SAID "NO". Even though I am alone in the house and nooone would know I walked away!

So i took an alpro soya chocolate dessert out of the fridge and dunked gingersnaps into it. YUMMY and SAFE YAY!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Resisting Temptation Award! new
      #124068 - 11/20/04 03:37 PM

Unregistered

Ooh way to go! That would be very tough! Last night I was tempted and ate a chocolate cookie and I was definitely paying for it the next couple hours. But I am proud of because that is hard to do! One of the reasons that I don't enjoy the holidays - resisting all the yummy stuff!
We could all learn a lesson from your wise judgement! LOL

Re: Resisted temptation in my own kitchen! new
      #124070 - 11/20/04 03:37 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Good for you Sinead!!! I am proud of you!!! I don't know if I could have done it!!! LOL!!! I am going to the post office monday!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Temptation I can resist... new
      #124076 - 11/20/04 03:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..now I need to get over bragging about it!!!

Anyway I will save my cheating for something better, like the HUGE slice of strawberry gateau my Mum and I shared on holidays, or the banana icecream I ate on hols...see I can't be good ALL the time either!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Temptation I can resist... new
      #124082 - 11/20/04 03:46 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

WHO CAN!!!!!! LOL!!!! We still have to live life and sometimes life demands we cheat!!! At least that is what I tell myself!!!! I am eating Rice Cakes right now!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#124088 - 11/20/04 03:51 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh my GOD, hobnobs are the ultimate temptations. I LOVE hobnobs...they are the best cookie in the entire world times ten! I am sooo proud of you for resisting...that is incredible willpower..they are soooo yummy!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Choosing temptations.... new
      #124193 - 11/20/04 08:03 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

What's funny is that I've gotten to a point where chocolate doesn't tempt me at all... even soda, which we always have around because Adam drinks it... but oh my goodness, NEVER bring a bottle of a good Port anywhere near me. I think that's why I always end up feeling less-than-wonderful when I go to my mother's; she knows about my weakness and makes sure she has plenty on hand, and I can't resist.

We all have our weaknesses, I think. Anyway, good job on resisting temptation! I think you have bragging rights!

#124201 - 11/20/04 09:13 PM
Ambie_t2004

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Illinois

congrats. My weekness has always been Doritos. When I was younger I ate them all the time with no problem. Now with the ibs they are my biggest trigger. But I still HAVE to have them sometimes. I go through the mind process of it won't hurt me this time, then after I have a few I think WHAT HAVE I DONE. Then the pain comes. Now my husband makes me ask him before I can have some. That way I'm not just hurting mysefl I hurt him, because he doesn't like to see me in pain. For some reason it works. I tend to think about him first then myself. He is my life line and support. Anyway congrats on your accomplishment!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review