All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need an idea for a project
      #124001 - 11/20/04 12:20 PM

Unregistered

So in my interior design class at school I have to design a Wellness Center (a healthcare environment with a couple exam rooms and then large training rooms for meetings and rehabilitation and all that kind of stuff) - but anyhow my concept for the place is the healing nature of water and I need to come up with a name for this wellness center and I'm a bit stumped. It needs to be something good because I have to do the graphic design for the signage and such too so something that would inspire a neat design. Any suggestions would be fantastic! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Im just awaiting some inspiration....let u know if I get some! -nt- new
      #124005 - 11/20/04 12:51 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Im just awaiting some inspiration....let u know if I get some! -nt- new
      #124020 - 11/20/04 01:24 PM

Unregistered

I think I figured it out! I'm taking this class about Chinese films as an elective (which is just a whole other story in itself) but anyhow during our lesson the other day we were learning about yin and yang and how water is the yin and opposes the yang by being a gently force, but being able to wear down even the toughest rock - and they see yin and yang in everything and it is an essential life force..yadda yadda yadda..so i looked up the Chinese word for water and it's "Shui" so my design for their name is going to involve somehow the S tilted with 2 dots sort of to look KINDA like the yin yang symbol without being a gross cliche. Okay so that's it! Sound good Nat??

Sounds like a good idea to me! new
      #124035 - 11/20/04 02:16 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I went to this one place.. can't remember what it was now.. and one of the walls looked like marble and had a waterfall kinda thing.. it was really pretty. Dunno if that's a lame idea or not, but I was impressed.. then again, I am quite easily impressed.. Hmm, maybe I should stop trying to help..
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Sounds like a good idea to me! new
      #124042 - 11/20/04 02:28 PM

Unregistered

haha - i was thinking of making a huge waterfall over marble or some other kind of stone and it may or may not be a wall itself (if that makes sense) So your idea is great b/c i'm definitely doing something along the lines of that

Sounds fab! new
      #124049 - 11/20/04 02:41 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Better than anything Id have come up with...funnily enough I was thinking of some kind of translation thing...hadnt come up with anything...but things tend to sound less chessy and more symbolic if its in another language don't you think?? so the chinese idea if perfect. How did you manage to get into the whole chinese film thing....thats a bit random isnt it??lol....my flatmate is obsessed with chinese films actually...she loves anything chinese/japanese...and my other flatmate is chinese...though shes the most unchinese chinese person Ive met in my life if that makes any sense...shes 100% british with a full geordie accent...which is newcastle and very broad...infact she doesnt know a word of her own language so when her parents speak in it she's completely lost...lol! This sign sounds great though...hey if you get the chance and are able to save any of your files for your design as a jpeg...email me them...id love to see...xx

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1319

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review