All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
ROTFLMBO!!! new
      #124127 - 11/20/04 04:41 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Heather- you are bad!!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ideal age to marry!! new
      #124132 - 11/20/04 04:47 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I don't think there is an ideal age. I mean, I always said I wanted to get married at 24, and funnily enough DID end up marrying at 24 BUT that was an age for ME!! And to be honest, its hard to believe that I am married (last night I had a dream that I slept with an ex and oh my GOD I woke up this morning next to Asaf feeling really distant and guilty etc at the same time! It was awful...it was because I was watching Oprah before I fell asleep and it was about women and adultery!) so this morning I realised that this is it for the rest of my life, and even though I feel like I am still 16, I am actually married! Freaked out a bit! Stupid dream..
why I am warbling on...oh yeah...so there is no ideal age, you have to be ready for the whole deal...which is really, truly, fun and wonderful with the right person! A marriage can only really be good if you are best friends too...seriously..it involves sooo much housemate, friendship stuff, but obviously you need to be compatible in the juicier ways too!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: ideal age to marry!! new
      #124135 - 11/20/04 04:50 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I was 19!! I don't regret marring that younge one bit!!! I also have dreams of other guys!!! IT's natural!!!! I also have dreams were Rich cheats on me!! I just roll smack him and go back to sleep!!! He has gotten used to this over the years!!! LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Dalia.. new
      #124136 - 11/20/04 04:53 PM
cailin

Hey Dalia,

thanks for your patience in answering me!

I love NYC and would move there in the morning so I can understand that, its funny when I was there home never really seemed too far away, and nowhere seems far from anywhere when Padhraig is with me.

Its tough going when your parents don't approve, I am lucky, Padhraig was the first guy i brought home and they really love him, they are disappointed if I go home without him and my small brother who is ten swaps Playstation games with him and thinks that Padhraig is cool! I can imagine my Mum's reaction if I was to go away like you did, but I can see your Mum's perspective on it the whole lesser of 2 evils thing. My Mum was really nervous abt me going to the US to Padhraig in case things didn't work out.

The first time we stayed at home we had a very full house so my friend and I shared my bed and P slept on the floor. The second time, I phoned my mum from an hour away and she said "I hope you don't expect me to make up a 2nd bed at such short notice" and so it was. My parents separated for six years and got back "together", P's parents are separated years so none of them were in a position to preach to us on morals, relationships etc. We get a double bed in his place too. (and there are 6 kids, 2 parents and 5 bedrooms in my house, when we are all home my small brother has to sleep on the floor!)

I really agree about making fate happen, you have to be open to it and take a few risks, it doesn't just fall on your lap.

You two really sound so happy, true soulmates. When I come to fallsprawl in NYC next year (say it enough times and it will come true!) I hope to meet you both!

I really should go to bed! its 1am but you lot are such good company I don't want to ...silly silly 'nead!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: ideal age to marry!! new
      #124137 - 11/20/04 04:54 PM
daliatree

you are so funny!! asaf thinks its hysterical when I am cold to him for a whole morning because i can't get over my dream of him with a blond bimbo!! hahahahahha..it feels sooo real. Do you dream of ex's ? It really disturbs me! makes me wake up feeling like I still want the ex (had a huge hold over me attraction wise), which feels sooo wrong because I ADORE Asaf!
Sometimes I wish I would have married at the youngest age possible. I love Asaf so much, that our entire life doesn't seem long enough to spend together and I wish we had more!!

--------------------

The Queen of Long Distance Relationships! new
      #124139 - 11/20/04 04:56 PM
cailin

Heather
You win the crown. He must be worth waiting for! That must have been so hard!

I agree wholeheartedly with each of your 5 points, I always saw that P and I are great together, but also great separately, I can't stand people who constantly use "we" instead of "I" when you ask them a question about themselves! Stand up on your own two feet, make decisions for yourself and you'll get your rewards...

Speaking of rewards, I will have to say goodnight soon, its late and my eyes are sore from tiredness and the screen!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Sinead!! new
      #124141 - 11/20/04 04:58 PM
daliatree

Thats great that you get to sleep together. Often my mum would get in a more fun mood and say she realise dhow ridiculous is was that we travelled together all that time and suddenly we are separated! Our sex life disappeared all the time we were in London because the floorboards and beds are all so creaky and my dad paces up and down the corridoors etc worrying!!! He is so cute, such a protective daddy, I am the only girl with three brothers that run free...really really old fashioned!
We will make the fall sprawl happen in NYC and I will bake allll the cakes etc! Would be such a laugh! And you are welcome to come and visit anytime (for the ipod and luna bars!!)

--------------------

Re: Sinead!! new
      #124145 - 11/20/04 05:05 PM
cailin

Dalia-

Its good that they are relaxed but we are soo paranoid at home when we share a bed, my bed is REALLY creaky and P's house is a bungalow that never sleeps and our room is closest to the living area and beside the bathroom, the head of our bed is on the same wall as the head of his Mum's! So nothing naughty ever happens! (well there was this one time in my house when we had too much to drink.... ) But its nice after a tough family day to be able to snuggle up beside each other.

I can imagine your Dad in stripey PJ's with a flashlight pacing outside your room!

I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and the boys definitely have way more freedom. I am the eldest and I was pretty quiet (I know, the irony, I talk soo much now!)when I was a teenager so my parents didn't need to keep a tight rein on me, they always let me know what they expected my boundaries to be and it worked out, for me anyway. And because I was so "good" the others got an easy ride!

I will bring you lots of hobnobs to the fall sprawl, this sounds like a plan. Failing the fall sprawl I will drop in on my world trip!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

A FANTASTIC, FANTASTIC STORY! new
      #124148 - 11/20/04 05:12 PM
Natalie1985

Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Dalia you give me hope...what a fantastic story! Hey I am also planning on some kind of world trip after I finish uni...hm dya think the fact that Im at uni in Leeds too may mean I will have an amazing movie style romance too...lol!!! God I wish!!

--------------------
Natalie

I agree with you both! new
      #124150 - 11/20/04 05:19 PM
Natalie1985

Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I really really agree with the whole fate thing...ur story is soooo lovely and fate really is an aamzing thing...I do agree that you have to make it happen too though...buts its fantastic. I was also a total...never would meet strange people on the other side of the world on the internet...type of a person.... until I found heathers website at the beginning of the year. Every single person on here is amazing...and you all make me feel normal and not some weirdo freak for ahving problems with our misbehaving backsides. Like sinead said its like having some best friends that you've never met...and all this girly talk is making me feel gooey and dreamy...oooh I love it!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 27384

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review