All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
I'm a slacker, I didn't reply yet. new
      #123984 - 11/20/04 11:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

We're going to my boyfriend's mom's, a few hours north of here. I'm NOT looking forward to it at all. We went last year, and between the NOT-IBS-friendly food, the constant yelling (nobody can talk at a normal pitch), and the fact that EVERYONE in his family chain-smokes (except him!), it was a miserable experience for me. I'm actually already counting the hours till it's OVER.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm a slacker, I didn't reply yet. new
      #123988 - 11/20/04 11:12 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Casey- thats why I offered to host this year and invited people of our choosing... I could not include on purpose those who are problems, and in our house- no smoking allowed...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: I'm a slacker, I didn't reply yet. new
      #123993 - 11/20/04 11:57 AM

Unregistered

aww..that sounds dismal I hate being around smoke like that and then you come home and stink! Well I hope for your sake that Thanksgiving is over real quick! And thanks for answering by the way

Re: AHEM - I don't think we have everyone's Thanksgiving plans accounted for.... : ) nt new
      #123994 - 11/20/04 11:58 AM

Unregistered

Well I hope for you then that it's just a nice relaxing day. You should put your tree up! I loooove to do that! Do you at least get a few days off??

I'm a slacker, too new
      #123996 - 11/20/04 12:02 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

We are going to my mom's for Thanksgiving. She has made the turkey for as many years as I can remember....I hate to admit it.....but, I've never done a turkey.

She makes a great Thanksgiving meal & I bring the mashed potatoes & yams & rolls.

It will be a nice Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to it.

Hope all of you will have a great Thanksgiving, too.

Barbie

--------------------

Hey Casey..... new
      #123997 - 11/20/04 12:06 PM
barbie

Love your new pic. You look so gorgeous & sultry. WOO HOO!

Sorry your Thanksgiving will be so miserable. Hope it's over in a flash. Maybe you can talk you BF into leaving early.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Re: I'm a slacker, too new
      #123999 - 11/20/04 12:16 PM

Unregistered

finally someone looking forward to Thanksgiving today Well it sounds like it should be a nice day and I hope you have a great time!
I can't wait to host Thanksgiving dinners or just any kind of dinner party. I love that kind of thing - though I can't see myself making a turkey - maybe someday..

Jeez! You're tough! new
      #124025 - 11/20/04 01:33 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I'll be having thanksgiving with my parents, my brother Mike and SIL Kristin, my brother Dan and SIL Mary, and their new baby Bethany, and Mary's parents, all at either Dan or Mike's house. Probably Dan's. They live 5 minutes away from each other so we probably won't decide until the last minute. I'll go to my parents' house on Tuesday or Wednesday, and my mom and I will make the turkey and several appetizers. Mike will probably make his amazing roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and the SILs will make a few side dishes too, along with Mary's mom's amazing crock pot meatballs. I don't know what she does to these tiny meatballs but it involves grape jelly and they are so yummy. I'll only have one, I promise. My dad will bring too much wine, we'll all drink too much, everyone will try to hold the baby more than everyone else, and my brothers and dad will fall asleep before it's time to clean up. That's pretty much the way it goes for us, and I love it!

Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

haha sorry new
      #124029 - 11/20/04 01:43 PM

Unregistered

Well that just sounds like a fantastic time for all! See, if you hadn't shared I wouldn't have known that grape jelly goes with meatballs! LOL Enjoy your day and try and win the baby-holding contest!

Hi Gayla new
      #124173 - 11/20/04 06:38 PM
barbie

WOW! What a crowd. Thank goodness my mom can still do the turkey...I've never made one and wouldn't know where to start.

I know what you mean about the rain. I'm getting sick of it.

You and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 853 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33126

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review