All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
AHEM - I don't think we have everyone's Thanksgiving plans accounted for.... : ) nt new
      #123936 - 11/20/04 08:37 AM

Unregistered

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: AHEM - I don't think we have everyone's Thanksgiving plans accounted for.... : ) nt new
      #123937 - 11/20/04 08:57 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

So sorry.....been a bit busy these days!

Let's see.....we will be going to my side of the family's house this year which happens to be in Philadelphia. Every year my hubby and I switch going to the other's house for Thanksgiving to make it fair.

I'm not that much of a Thanksgiving Holiday person. Christmas is my absolute favorite! I guess I'm kinda like the bah humbug of Thanksgiving. It's just a holiday to basically eat and eat and eat. I don't like pumpkin pie ( I know that's just not right I can hear you all saying)...It also reminds me that winter is coming (and I HATE snow) and I have to go to work the next day ALWAYS cause the woman I work with gets that day off every year.

Now ask this question right before Christmas and I'll type forever and ever!

Have a great Turkey day and I'll look for your brother. That's awesome!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

No pumpkin?! new
      #123941 - 11/20/04 09:03 AM

Unregistered

LOL Thanks for responding despite your lack of enjoyment of Thanksgiving I looove Christmas too - especially because I love to make presents for people. But Thanksgiving is great because it really kicks off the Christmas season and makes it acceptable to start listening to Christmas music
Well I hope you enjoy your day as much as possible (no fair about having to work the next day though) and I'll be sure to ask this at Christmas just for you!

Re: What's everyone got planned for Thanksgiving?? new
      #123942 - 11/20/04 09:03 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ooh... this is a sad answer. I am writing three ten page papers, one exam, and one lecture. So basically I will be having a big heap of NOT fun.

Although, this is the first holiday in six and half years that Eric and I will ever spend by ourselves without our families. I'm kind of excited about this and kinda sad.

We're vegetarians as well, so we'll be making our traditional Tofurkey and the various side dishes and trimmings that go with it.

Oh sad new
      #123947 - 11/20/04 09:13 AM

Unregistered

That stinks that you have all of that work to do! Hopefully you can set it aside for just a little and enjoy your Thanksgiving alone with Eric!
I thought it was bad that I had 3 - 3 page papers to write!
Well best of luck and see if you can put him to work doing something!

That would be fantastic! (p.s Sinead - Im part irish too) new
      #123953 - 11/20/04 09:35 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

sorry to butt in just wanted to add my enthusiasm for holding a fall sprawl in the uk or ireland...I would love to go! Im in leeds at the moment at uni but Im a born and bred liverpudlian....actually come to mention it Im actually IRISH GYPSY SCOUSE...lol...I know...sinead Ive never been to Ireland either...I may be gona spend New Year in Achill though this year cos my best friends family has a house there! I don't know where my family originates from...but I have irish ancestors on both sides of the family...my surname's even flipping irish (corrigan)...I still cant believe Ive never been...lol!

--------------------
Natalie

Dalia new
      #123958 - 11/20/04 09:47 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

That is really sad about your Mum, did she convert as education orfor love (I am thinking all romantic, like Charlotte in SATC, how shallow am i?) I really think that Irish people are so closed off when it comes to religion, and that families all over the world separate for the most ridiculous reasons. Land and religion are the main two though.

Kilkenny is not a million miles from my end of the world (I am from Wexford which is the next county, and Kilkenny are our annual hurling adversaries, we beat them this year!)

I could convince BF to come to NYC for a long weekend, but it would depend on dates, as one of my best friends is getting married 8 October next year and I am a bridesmaid so that will take up time and money.

I LOVE New York! I lived in Queens (Sunnyside and Astoria) for a summer and worked 2 blocks from Penn Station. BF worked in 1500 Broadway which is on Times Square. That was the summer of 1997, when we had just started going out....
I have been back twice since,once with my Mum and once with my Dad but BF hasn't been...and the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment....

Movie wise I watched Chicago, which was well done. I think I can probably recite "Four Weddings" at this stage I have seen it so many times!

OK, while my first vote is for a European destination, my 2nd vote would be NYC.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: That would be fantastic! (p.s Sinead - Im part irish too) new
      #123965 - 11/20/04 09:55 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Sorry Natalie, NYC would also do me! (as I just told Dalia)

Achill is beautifulm definitely a good way to start Ireland (rather than at a hen night in Temple Bar!) one of my friends has spent loads of NYE's there. There's a piper that goes from each pub to the centre of town at midnight or something like that. One year she got snowed in though!

Apparently 1 in 4 Britons claim Irish ancestry so its not surprising that you and Dalia have come out as Irish!

And you are safe enough admitting your scouse origins on this board, not many people will know what you are talking about!

Roll on X factor!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

pumpkin- ICK new
      #123975 - 11/20/04 10:25 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hate everything pumpkin- am making a peppermint fudge cake, and one of the guests is bringing pumpkin pie so we will have both..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: AHEM - I don't think we have everyone's Thanksgiving plans accounted for.... : ) nt new
      #123977 - 11/20/04 10:32 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

I feel the same way about Thanksgiving! It's just a food holiday (I am thankful everyday!) that gets in the way of planning for Christmas (I've been working on my cards since September and can't wait to get my tree up!). I used to love it when all of my dad's family would get together for all 4 days at my cousins house on the other side of the state - now everyone's too BUSY for it

So, at the moment, I have absolutely nothing planned ... Hope everyone else enjoys their holiday though!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1562 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33078

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review