All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: turkey sandwich new
      #122942 - 11/17/04 05:13 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

But I did laundry!!

I always feel better when its bedtime..remember I only got up at 3pm today and couldn't bring myself to leave the house to go the 300 yards to the nearest store to buy highly important ADB ingredients, so I can't be that well.

I am shattered tired and my throat is pretty nasty and my eyes hurt and I am coughing. I am just a cheery person!

Can't believe that there are only 2 more days left in the week!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

my turn to apologize... new
      #122944 - 11/17/04 05:16 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm sorry Sinead... I don't doubt that you're genuinly sick. I was just picking on you! I'm such a baby when I'm sick...

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: my turn to apologize... new
      #122948 - 11/17/04 05:19 PM
cailin

don't worry Rachel! I didn't take it that way, just I know that I have been overdoing it a bit and I am so happy not to be at work that I am treating it like vacation! at least today I stayed in bed, yesterday I stayed up from 9am after my dr's appointment.
Lots of R&R tomorrow to get the most out of this, I really don't feel any better today than I did yesterday but I am a lot better than I was on Monday Hopefully I will start seeing the effects tomorrow, I really don't want to be sick on my own time at the weekend!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: my turn to apologize... new
      #122951 - 11/17/04 05:22 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Awe! Well, get some good rest tonight and treat yourself like a baby tomorrow.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

pic of my purses new
      #122953 - 11/17/04 05:24 PM

Unregistered

You sound like a busy little sick girl! I bet having work done on your house is mega stressful too! Oooh and picking new wall tiles- how exciting! (can you tell i'm studying interior design- lol) Well good luck with that!

I didn't have very good pics of my purses on my computer, but this is what there was. They are made on cigar boxes and I embroider the fabric and line the insides with fabric and put in a mirror and then make a fun beaded handle. Have you seen anything like this over there? It's one of those trends that is really really popular some places and other places no one has seen anything like it!

Glad you seem to be feeling better!! Good luck with the house!

Re: pic of my purses new
      #122956 - 11/17/04 05:28 PM
cailin

very cute! I have a bit of a bag (we call purses "handbags" a purse here is a wallet) fetish!

Cigars aren't as popular over here so it would be pretty hard to get the cigar boxes- where do you get enough to make purses?

My 13 year old sister is making jewelery at the moment for a craft fair at school and she would love the idea of making her own purse, I will have to show her the pics, she will love them!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122961 - 11/17/04 05:34 PM

Unregistered

You should see the pile of empty cigar boxes I have sitting my garage and at my work table. There are tons of places here to by cigars so I just ask for the empty ones and normally I just have to pay $1 or $2. It's lots of fun and I make pretty good money from them - though I have the hardest time charging people I know more than like $45 for one. Otherwise I sell them places around town for like $90 and I've had them in silent auctions and one has gone for $400! Right now I'm in the process of designing leather handbags that are getting made at a factory in China - the prototypes should be coming back to me soon and I can't wait to see them!! Definitely show your sister and encourage her to get out there and sell her stuff!

#122964 - 11/17/04 05:41 PM
cailin

Brittany
that sounds so exciting, like I said I love buying handbags, you will have to post your leather designs to make me drool.
My sister, Grainne (Graw-in-ya) is selling little bead rings for 30c and bracelets made from beads and safety pins for €3 (about $4) and other bracelets and anklets made with florists wire for €3, She is driving me crazy about buying her beads though as her and her 3 friends who are making them have so many orders in that they ran out of beads twice and can't get them anywhere near home at all so she keeps calling me saying "'nead, you're my FAVOURITE big sister"...
I will DEFINITELY show her the bags, her friends and herself will be excited at the prospcet of something else to make, although that will mean I will be sent to cigar shops AND bead shops...hmmm

Sinead

--------------------
S.

what a nice sister new
      #122965 - 11/17/04 05:44 PM

Unregistered

You are so nice to do that. There is definitely no lack of craft stores over here. If your sister has any questions or anything about how I do it you can always email me and I can take other pics and explain it (my email is on my profile) Tell her good luck for me!
I'll post my leather bags when I get them!

Shouldn't you be sleeping? It's late over there! lol

Re: what a nice sister new
      #122966 - 11/17/04 05:52 PM
cailin

that is so sweet, Gra will be VERY impressed, I will be talking to her at the weekend and will tell her all about it then

and yes I should be sleeping, its coming up on 2am, but as soon as I go to bed I will start to cough and my throat will hurt so I don't want to go even though my eyes are shutting as I type. I swore an hour ago that I would go in 15 minutes, at least I can sleep all day tomorrow

Bed in a minute, but you guys here are all so engaging!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 703 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 33146

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review