All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
1st Wedding Anniversary...Ideas?
      #122844 - 11/17/04 12:33 PM
Ambie_t2004

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Illinois

I need help. My 1yr anniversary is coming up and I want to do something special for my husband. Lately we don't do anything because of my ibs. Does anyone have any suggestions on stuff to do without eating anything, I don't want to have an attack on this special day.

Edited by Ambie_t2004 (11/17/04 12:43 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary...Ideas? new
      #122854 - 11/17/04 01:01 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

how about cooking a beautiful IBS safe dinner (my in laws - who I am living with at the moment- end up eating my whole dinner and leaving nothing for me because its so yummy)...and then going to your special place....if there is one. If not, decorating your bedroom or dining room. Wear something beautiful. Have your hair done.Light candles. Relationships are really personal...so I don't know what are your little things....but sit and think about them, put them all together for a special morning wake up and evening together....
sorry if that wasn't helpful!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#122865 - 11/17/04 01:37 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

We did a little road trip to a different city....went to some comedy clubs, plays, etc. I brought my own food....a couple times we went out to eat for lunch so I could just get water and enjoy sitting there with him....

--------------------
~Cara~

#122877 - 11/17/04 02:12 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

lets see.. a safe for you special restaurant or a fancy dress up dinner at home.. romantic candleit eve at home, theatre, nice gifts for each other.. some combination thereof..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#122880 - 11/17/04 02:29 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well I will tell you what I did!!
I got something "special" to wear!! Then after dinner I said I was going to take a shower and read in bed!! I took a shower got all dolled up put on my "speacial" outfit lit candles all over the room and then said can you come here a minute!!!

He likes this every ann!!! LOL
Have a great 1st annv!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

You guys are so romantic! new
      #122911 - 11/17/04 04:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

...wipes tear from eye...

I like the special place idea, really it should be something that is special to the 2 of you, so if you are going out let it be to somewhere that will mean something or if you are staying in compile music that means something, maybe get him a bag of small gifts with meaning (eg for my BF I would get something along these lines- something star wars themed as it was one of the first things we spoke about, a Yorkie bar cos he was addicted to them in college when we met, a picture of us when we first started going out, a CD single of some of the songs that were in vogue when we started going out, a tie because he can NEVER find the right one etc etc, you could also do homemade vouchers for things he likes that could range from homemade applepie to whatever turns him on that he can redeem at his convenience..I did this before and it gets a l) You could have him do a lucky dip for it during the evening.

The most important thing for you to do is to relax and reminisce over happy memories!

Enjoy and let us know what you did!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#122923 - 11/17/04 04:53 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

How about cuddling on the couch and watching movies that you both like. After you're done with the movies... get romantic!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#122943 - 11/17/04 05:14 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

For our first anniversary DH and I planned a BBQ to spend with our wedding party and parents...it was a great time! We had it at our lake house and I made IBS safe dishes and we BBQ'd hamburgers and I had turkey burgers.

Enjoy your day and have fun with whatever you choose!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Is paper the 1st? new
      #123197 - 11/18/04 10:55 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I don't remember, but I think paper is the 1st anniversary present. Ask for cash. No, just kidding.

BF and I do foodless activities all the time. A movie at home is good (phone ringer off!). Or you could go for a drive if you two are good in the car together. A hike in the local state park is nice too, if you're the outdoors type. Or you could go to a couples store together and buy something sexy to be worn later. For you AND him!

Have a great day, no matter what you do. Make sure the place is clean, laundry done, pets out of sight, etc. so you can enjoy the time without too many distractions!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1555

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review