All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Re: Sprinkling baby dust and warm wishes new
      #122227 - 11/16/04 06:46 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Thanks Lana!! But now you're making it harder to quit! LOL.

I am really serious about it this time...I'm going to buy some suckers and some crest whitening strips or something so that I can be excited about making my teeth really white or something...maybe that'll make me not want to smoke.
UGH - it's just so hard because I love it. LOVE IT. And I love the smell of second hand smoke, so I definately have to stay away from smokers for awhile....

I'm glad Bentley is doing good!! Every time I hear Dirks Bentley I think of you!

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#122228 - 11/16/04 06:49 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

You can do it Cara!!! Now is the best time to do it!!! If all else fails...get some Zyban or the patch or something. Put the money in a jar and spend it weekly on yourself...that will help you stay quit...or save it up for when you get pregnant you can buy the baby some stuff.

LOL - Everytime Dierks comes on CMT I always dance around with Ben...thanks for thinking of us LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#122233 - 11/16/04 06:52 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Hi all!!

Sorry for being MIA for a while. Busy week at work, and I'm leaving for Puerto Rico on Friday, so I have a bunch of things to wrap up before I leave.

I've been feeling pretty good. Just sore boobies, a little tiredness (but not like before), no nausea or anything. I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow, so we'll know how far along I am.

I am really nervous because the last time I had an ultrasound, all we saw was the sac. It was a really sad appointment. I am praying that we see our little bean in there.

Michele, good luck with the testing. I won't get to know until I get back from PR, but I'll be thinking of you. Steph, I want to know about you as well. Good luck to everyone else!!

Hopefully, I'll get back on here after my u/s and let you know what happens.

Talk to you soon!

--------------------
~jules

Re: yay heather! new
      #122234 - 11/16/04 06:53 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Yep, I hate the cost with smoking too! That's the only thing I hate! When we lived in Chicago they were $5.75 a pack!! Here they are about $4.00, but still, with both of us smoking it's a lot of money!
So DH doesn't smoke?? That's probably a good thing for you! I'm so used to smoking with my DH that it's just harder to quit. I used to work in construction where EVERYONE smokes, so it's good I'm not at that job anymore.

That's crazy about the blood pressure rise when you quit!! And your grandma chewed!! LOL. I've never seen a woman chew. That cracks me up thinking of it. I tried it once and it was nasty. I was spitting stuff out for like 20 minutes. I tried everything in college....I'm done with that stage - but like you, I couldn't give up the smokes!

Ok I better stop talking about it now because I'm really starting to crave.

--------------------
~Cara~

cigarettes new
      #122244 - 11/16/04 07:13 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

they cost the equivalent of USD $7.75 here for a box of 20!!!They are VERY heavily taxed here (so is alcohol)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: cigarettes new
      #122253 - 11/16/04 07:33 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I know they are sooo expensive.. they are 5.00 a pack or 40.00 a carton in massachusetts.. however, in virginia.. where I am from the are only 19.99 a carton (ten packs) or 2.50 a pack. An insanely large difference if you think about it!

--------------------

Re: I have a question... new
      #122255 - 11/16/04 07:40 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hmmm, not positive Rachel but I think it should be fine!! Call you local pharmacist, they should be able to tell you for sure! Good Luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Ok I have a confession new
      #122261 - 11/16/04 07:54 AM
michele

Yeah, I've heard several states now have banned smoking in public places! I think thats great!!! My mom smokes like a chimney and I can't stand to visit her for more than an hour or two at her house because it just kills me. I refuse to let her smoke in my house so she never visits me! I hate going out to eat and having to smell and taste smoke with my food! Even sitting in the non smoking area you still get all that second hand smoke!

Now, remember, I used to be a drug addict so believe me I know something about addiction! I am also NOT a conservative person in the least. If you want to smoke, I don't care but don't subject me to it! I'm not going to judge anyone or hold it against anyone, I just don't want to inhale it, taste it, breath it, smell it on my clothes and hair etc!!

So, my dear girlfriends, you know I care very deeply for you but just hand to toss my 2 cents in!! Still friends??

--------------------

Re: Makin babies........check in!!! new
      #122263 - 11/16/04 07:56 AM
michele

Well, I'm now just 7 dpo and when I woke up my boobs were tingley! I am VERY HORMONAL today. I just don't feel good. Had a rough night so that may have something to do with it. Not sure if its all just from the progesterone or...do I dare hope??

--------------------

The price of cigs here new
      #122268 - 11/16/04 08:08 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Here they cost about $11 per pack!!!!! I wish they were $4 I would be a chain smoker for that price LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22990

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review