All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Ok I have a confession new
      #122039 - 11/15/04 04:32 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I smoke!!! Now don't everyone yell at once!!! I will quit one day just not today !! Don't worry Amie I won't smoke in the house on the 4th!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok I have a confession new
      #122041 - 11/15/04 04:43 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Heather!!!!! You naughty thing.....<Sinead moving into lecture mode>....I have asthma so am REALLY antismoking and don't let anyone smoke in my house (well its MY house!) the funny thing is none of my family or friend smoke, BF's three brother, parents and 2 friends who call by all do..Still though, he is as antismoking as me.
They brought in the "no smoking in workplaces" law here in March and I am loving it! My asthma is so much better, I always needed my inhaler in pubs and now I don't yippee and I barely have to take my inhaler at all anymore!

<steps down from high horse!>

I do other "bad" things, we all have confessions, there is no point in quitting until you WANT to, its like losing weight, you need to want to before you can do it properly!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

I have a question... new
      #122052 - 11/15/04 05:04 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Does anyone know if DH is on an antibiotic, will it affect his sperm??? Or is it still safe to TTC? I know I know, I'm a worry wart.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

sorry cara!!! new
      #122072 - 11/15/04 06:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

don't hate me!

I just learned in class yesterday that men smoking lowers sperm production and sperm count.. so I figured i'd let you in on the secret! hehe don't be mad.. i didn't mean to blow your spot! hehe.

and trust me.. I know how hard quitting smoking is.. I smoked since I was forteen and finally quit for over a year.. then I did a bad thing and had one with my bestfriend when she came to visit one year later and now have to quit all over again!
so trust me.. I know how hard it is!

ps.. no worries about quitting.. when the time is right it will happen... and just think.. if you get pregnant that would probably be motivation enough to quit.

haha and I totally understand about the parents not finding out. my parents dont' have a clue and I hope to keep it that way always!

--------------------

yay heather! new
      #122086 - 11/15/04 06:45 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

LOL. I love that kind of confession - HAHA. You won't get the lecture speech from me!
We don't smoke in the house....which sucks in the winter. Sometimes I'll have a scarf wrapped over my whole head except for a hole for my mouth! LOL. Yummy cigarettes....
Oh I will miss my cigarettes....

It'd be a lot easier if I hated the addiction, or the taste, or smell.......but I love it. There's another weird thing I'm fascinated with - the smell of smoke! Oh and gasoline - LOVE that smell.
Ok I'm going off subject.

Now everyone's going to yell at me for saying 'yay' that you smoke - Hahaha. Don't yell everyone! It's just nice to know I'm not alone.

I will quit! We only have 1 more left each! And I'm about to go smoke it......... *tears* I will need major help. And if I'm b*tchy for awhile, you know why. :P
Love ya'll!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: sorry cara!!! new
      #122087 - 11/15/04 06:49 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I don't hate ya darling! It's funny.
I once quit for 2 years...then I moved in with 4 smokers - that was the end of that. I have smoked now for 10 years. My husband used to chew when I met him, I made him quit and start smoking.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: yay heather! new
      #122102 - 11/15/04 07:09 PM
heather7476

Yep I know what you mean!! The only thing I hate about smoking is the cost!! I don't smoke around Kenna!! I either go outside or to the basemant if she is up!! I love to smoke!! It is just such a part of my life stupid I know but there it is!! I have been smoking since I was 15 I am now 28!! I cut back to two a day while pregers!! I went cold turkey at first and blood pressure shot through the roof and my doc said to do two a day, because the blood pressure was more of a danger to the baby (kenna) than the smoke!!

As for low birth rate because of smoking. Well I would have hate to have seen how big she would have been!! She was 8lb 13 oz and 23 inches long!! I am NOT promoting somking while pregers just telling my story!!!

I won't yell at you either!! I wish you all the luck with quiting!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122113 - 11/15/04 07:16 PM
heather7476

LOL!!! My husband has never smoked or done drugs!!! I am the bad girl!!! I don't do drugs anymore or drink but can't give up my smokes!!! Chewing is so gross!!!! I have alot of family that chews including my great grandma!!!!! ( she passed away two years ago but yep she chewed most of her life!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#122129 - 11/15/04 07:39 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh yay! we're still friends hehe

anyways last cigarette.. yikes.. that's sad!

its strange when I quit it was mostly cause my ex wanted me to and i lived with two other boys that would make me go out in the freezing cold to smoke.. so one day I woke up and just slapped on a patch.. Honestly, I never got a celebratory last cigarette cause I was just so over standing outside in the rain to smoke and my ex refusing to kiss me right after.. haha I guess he did contribute one good thing to my life.

good luck.. let us know how it goes..

--------------------

Sprinkling baby dust and warm wishes new
      #122137 - 11/15/04 08:00 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I wanted to extend my thoughts to all you gals trying!!! Baby dust and warm wishes are being sent your way!!

Also - Cara, DH and I both smoke and didn't even think about quitting until I actually got pregnant (I know, incredibly naive) but we got pregnant just fine, so please don't stress about that)

Honestly, some doctors recommend you don't QUIT smoking if it will cause you great stress because that will put you in a higher stress level. I never officially quit when I was pregnant, just cut right down. I was only between 2-4 cigs a day. I could have quit, but just those made my days easier.

(PS - Sorry if anyone isn't happy about that This is just what I found worked for me - If you CAN quit - great!! )

Again, good luck ladies!!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1856 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22989

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review