All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Feelin down today
      #121238 - 11/12/04 09:08 AM
Ambie_t2004

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Illinois

My dad died a year and eight months ago. Thanksgiving was always his holiday, since my parents were divorced. Thaksgiving always gets me down. I miss him. I don't want to do anything for thanksgiving but the my mom doesn't understand why I don't want to go to her house for thanksgiving. I just want to stay home with my husband and watch movies or something. Is that selfish? Probably. But is still hard. I still miss my dad so much.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feelin down today new
      #121241 - 11/12/04 09:13 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am so sorry that you are feeling down. I am not sure what to advise you regarding thanksgiving...what did you do last year? Are you close to your mother? Does she make thanksgiving a big thing?
I wish you lots of comfort and love.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#121242 - 11/12/04 09:14 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't think that's being selfish....thanksgiving was a holiday that you and your dad always spent together...so it's only natural that you're gonna feel sad.

Spend the day at home if you want to and maybe do something special to remember your dad on that day. You won't always feel like this...but remember that it's okay to feel down about it. *HUGS*

#121267 - 11/12/04 10:20 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I don't think your being selfess but your mom may need the company because she is so sad to!!! Wishing you lots of confort and peace!! Hugs!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#121284 - 11/12/04 10:51 AM
Ambie_t2004

Last year I spent it with my husbands family. It isn't a big holiday for my mother she ussually goes to las vegas with my stepdad over thanksgiving. She just doesn't miss my dad because they've been divorced for 20 years, the problem is she doesn't understand that I still miss him.

#121286 - 11/12/04 10:53 AM
Ambie_t2004

My mom doesn't care about my dad they have been divorced for 20 years. She doesn't seem to understand why I am still sad.

#121289 - 11/12/04 11:06 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

if it isn't a big deal at your mums house then I wouldn't go to her. it sounds (i hope you don't mind me saying) a little insensitive of her to not understand your mourning and the fact that it becomes raw for you this time of year. I would please myself in this instance...do what will comfort you...feel good XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#121317 - 11/12/04 12:37 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Ok I got it now!!! I would just tell her no matter what happened between them he was and always will be your dad!! You don't feel like celebrating right now!!! If she doesn't understand then that is her problem!!! Take care of you sweets!!!!
Good Luck!! <<<HUGS>>>

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3068 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review