All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Question Number 2) For 50 Million Dollars, Would You... new
      #121710 - 11/14/04 03:28 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

YEP I would do that one!!! BUT I aould also have to have my cell phone so I could talk to someone!!!!
I would be scared to death but it would be fun to!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#121717 - 11/14/04 03:53 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

It's funny...I would much rather run naked through the neighborhood than do this...but I definately would for 50 million. I would just stay up all night and cry probably - lol. But it would be worth it! I am a wuss when it comes to haunted stuff like that.
Where I live, we have this HUGE building that used to be for the mentally ill/dying patients, there are no windows, it's REALLY old, etc. Well it got turned into a community college about 30 years ago, and you wouldn't believe some of the stories that come out of that place from the janitors. I refuse to take any classes there at night. (Unless you were giving me 50 million I guess)

Also - I used to work at the County building here, and in the back of the building is another small building where they used to keep dead bodies in freezers before they were buried!! One night a guy I worked with was working late, and he heard the front door opening, so he asked who was there, and no one said anything. He walked around the whole building (it's just one floor) and saw a shadow moving down the hallway. He said he booked out of there and about peed his pants. This was an older man who was the quietest, nicest, most honest person in the world, and he would never make that up, so it freaked me out...

--------------------
~Cara~

Been there, done that.... new
      #121720 - 11/14/04 04:30 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I lived in a haunted house for 9 months, and often stayed there alone overnight, but didn't get any $50 mil for it. I feel ripped off!

Obligatory ghost stories:
The house belongs to my father and his wife now, but at the time, just she lived there, and I lived with her for a while, when I was in-between jobs. The very first time I walked in the house, I could sense a "presence", but it wasn't until after I moved in that my housemate told me that she often heard footsteps in the main part of the house. In the time I lived there, I occasionally heard screams in the middle of the night, banging like the window shutters were being slammed closed (but they hadn't moved), and - my personal favorite - one day a cutting board flew off its hook on the wall and landed in the middle of the kitchen as I watched from the other room. It was a little creepy, yeah.

#121817 - 11/15/04 08:08 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm with Cara, I'd rather run naked!! LOL!! I tend to be a bit of a scaredy cat. I never liked staying home alone at night when I lived at home and my parents would go out. Even now, I don't sleep as well when my hubby isn't home at night! I've watched too many horror movies I guess!! I've never really had anything that spookey happen to me, its just a feeling I get inside! For $50 million, I'm sure I'd make myself do it but I wouldn't be happy about it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: What would YOU do for 50 million dollars? new
      #121819 - 11/15/04 08:09 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Uh, almost anything! Certainly walk round naked.

I wouldn't....
-kill someone.
-really hurt someone.
-cheat on Si.

#121820 - 11/15/04 08:14 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Strike 2!!! I wouldn't do this either!!! I believe in ghosts and I believe in haunted houses, and there's no way on Gods green earth I would stay in anything haunted! I'd maybe visit a haunted house for a couple of seconds, until I came to my senses and ran out with my tail between my legs!!

Gosh I'm a wimp!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#121906 - 11/15/04 10:30 AM
Shane_Marr

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Seattle, WA

Quote:

Absofreakenlutely!!

I 2nd that!!

#122143 - 11/15/04 08:14 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

The funny thing is...you wouldn't have to pay me 50 million because all the innocent bystanders would be giving me money to put my clothes BACK ON!!! LOL

Whatever, for 50 million I would. I would even eat a worm and jump out of a helicopter into water for that amount of money. And I am scared of water and be worried that the worms would bother my IBS teehee

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Question Number 3) What would YOU do for 50 million dollars? new
      #123464 - 11/19/04 12:30 AM

Unregistered

Hi My Lovely IBS Friends You are all so wonderful to have responded to my questions in this way. I hope you are enjoying yourselves thinking about what you would (or would not do). Ok...here comes question #3 (please don't hate me because I'm crazy lol):

For 50 million dollars, would you eat 4 live cockroaches in a row? Sorry guys, I realize that we have IBS and all, and besides that, this IS a gross and disgusting question anyway but I've decided to ask this of you regardless, just to see what your reactions to it would be. After all, we are talking about a LOT of money!

As for ME, although the thought of this is turning my stomach already, I want this money oh so badly that I would give it my best shot, and hope that I wouldn't gag or (excuse me) throw them up.

Believe it or not... new
      #123475 - 11/19/04 03:59 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'd do it. I've eaten some pretty weird things anyway, and the idea doesn't squick me out nearly as much as the fact that we inadvertently eat 7 or 8 spiders in our lifetime, without even knowing it. Nothing weirds me out like spiders!

So yes, anyway. For $50mil, I'd do it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2741 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review