All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Gap Jean Girls-Help
      #120223 - 11/09/04 09:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, I remember seeing several posts recently about how much several of you like the ultra low rise stretch jeans from gap. Here's my problem. I have a pair of slim leg jeans from the limited in size 12, before I gained a few more pounds and could where tham, they were REALLY tight in my thighs. I have tried on several different Levi styles and all the slim fits are also too tight in my things. Ok, I have fat thighs, I get it!! The next problem is my waist isn't much smaller than my hips. If I measure my smallest part of my waist its 36 inches for the low rise ones it says to measure 1.5 inches below that and its 39. My hips measure 41. I'm afraid if I order the 14 ultra low rise the thighs will be too tight and if I order the 16 than they will be too big in the hips??? The did have a pair that was just regular low rise with a fuller leg, do you think they would still be comfy on my bloated belly? Do you find that the ultra low rise "gap" in the back above your butt? I've tried other brands on and had that problem. I need to order something because I can't fit into any of my jeans!!! It will probably be at least a month before I'm able to walk and I really can't wait that long. Any advice?? Help!! Feeling fat, confused and in need of jeans!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gap Jean Girls-Help new
      #120229 - 11/09/04 09:55 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

do you have a gap around you? If so I would say just go in and try them on....I know that might be hard with your leg....but its hard to know....Jeans all fit sooooo different. I can buy pants that are the same style, different color and have to buy them different sizes.

So if you can go and try some on! I find that the lowrise gap jeans that you are talking about are VERY comfy!! I love them, I want to get more!!!!

--------------------

#120242 - 11/09/04 10:25 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I've never tried the GAP ones... but the Eddie Bauer ones I told you about in the other post come in slim fit and regular... jeans They also come in stretch if that's what you prefer. I prefer these because I'm wider through the thighs. And yes, I always have a problem with the gap in the butt area... not with these.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I don't have the ultra low-rise ones... new
      #120248 - 11/09/04 10:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...but my Gap jeans are so comfy. They are (unzips them to check the label ) stretch flares. I hate the gaping over the bum thing so I get these. AND I have chunky thighs and not much waist and these are more comfy than any other pair I've owned.

#120259 - 11/09/04 10:45 AM
michele

Rachel, whats the rise on those Eddie Bauer, I looked but didn't see it. I'm sure it says somewhere but I didn't see it?! I have a pair of Levis that are labeled lower rise and they hit me about an inch under the belly button. When my tummy is acting up, they pinch. I was hoping for something a little lower but not so low I get the butt gap thing?!! I would love to go to the gap and try some on but its just not possible right now with my foot. I looked in my local mall at the gap about a week before I feel and the only had up to size 12 in stock, they were too tight. Do other Gap stores carry the 14 and 16's in stock? I think a 14 in a baggy cut would fit but I'm afraid it might be too tight in the skinny cut.

--------------------

Michele... new
      #120263 - 11/09/04 10:54 AM
RachelT

I'm not gonna be much help with the GAP ones, sorry. But if you go back to the link and scroll down the page a little, there's a picture of the different rises and where these sit... I don't think these are ultra-low but on me they sit below my waist, not at my waste.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

Re: Michele... new
      #120270 - 11/09/04 11:07 AM
michele

Thanks Rachel!! Thats about where my Levis hit me. I found a pair of draw string jeans at Victoria Secret that are a little lower and with the draw string I figured you wouldn't get the butt gap thing. I ordered them and a pair of slacks for work. If I like them, I'll let you guys know!

--------------------

#120271 - 11/09/04 11:09 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

LOL girl - I know what you're going through - it's impossible for me to find jeans usually......especially because I'm like 8 feet tall.
I actually just bought jeans from Aeropastale for the first time (I only buy jeans from Express because I love their longs)....but I LOVE these jeans from Aero. They are stretch and ultra-low rise. Only problem is when I sit down you can see my crack - lol. I just try to wear a longer shirt or tie something around if I'm going to be sitting!! OH the things women go through to stay in style.......lol.
Oh - and talk about feeling fat...I had to buy 2 (NOT 1, BUT 2) sizes bigger than I wear at other stores....I guess their jeans run small?? Or my butt runs big?? lol.

I would never buy jeans w/o trying them on - you better wait till your leg is better girlie!!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Size 14- Gap ultra low rise new
      #120274 - 11/09/04 11:21 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

They only stock up to the size 12s in the stores. I'm 5'11", 158 lbs and can wear either a 12 long with a belt or a 10 long without one. Both ably cover my crack, to answer your question!!

These are the Only Jeans I've Ever Worn which do not ever, ever give me IBS attacks. I highly, highly recommend them! I have ruined expensive jeans with D before, so I always look at price, but I paid $58 for mine, and I have 5 pairs now.

Get the size 14 online, and let me know how it fits. The Gap has a very liberal return plan so you can take them into a store or return them even after you've washed them. If you order them from the store in person, you pay no shipping, btw.

Good luck!!

~nelly~

#120277 - 11/09/04 11:34 AM
Nelly

How tall are you, Cara? Express jeans aren't long enuf for me. My inseam is 35 1/2".

~nelly~

Re: Size 14- Gap ultra low rise new
      #120282 - 11/09/04 11:52 AM
michele

Thanks Nelly, I'm going to do that!! I'm 5'8 and about the same weight so the 14 should be good.

--------------------

#120284 - 11/09/04 11:58 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Ok
A) your not FAT!!!!!

B) sorry i can't help Never bought gap jeans!!

C) YOUR NOT FAT!!!!!!!!

Love ya

--------------------
Heather7476

Nelly new
      #120292 - 11/09/04 12:18 PM
Cara4503

I'm 5'11". 34's in length are usually ok for me, because I don't wear heals at all - if I did, I would have to get longer. How tall are you?????

--------------------
~Cara~

Nelly #2 new
      #120294 - 11/09/04 12:21 PM
Cara4503

Sorry!! I just read your other post - you sound the exact same as me! I'm surprised the Express jeans aren't long enough!
Do you have no waist like me??? I'm built like my dad - no boobs, no waist, no ass........

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Thanks Heather new
      #120311 - 11/09/04 01:14 PM
michele

I needed that!! LOL!! I am feeling fat because I've gained back all the weight I lost. Since when did all the store stop carrying 14's?? I usually shop the limited, I love their pants for work but their 12's are tight on me right now and I went back to get the same pants in a 14 and they told me they stopped selling PLUS sizes in the spring! Since when is a 14 a PLUS size?? It seems most of the more fashionable stores only carrying in stock up to a 12 now.

--------------------

Re: LOL CARA!! new
      #120313 - 11/09/04 01:18 PM
michele

NO boobs, no waist, no ass!!

Well, I haven't got any boobs either and theirs not much of a difference between my hips and my waist but boy do I have ass!! Actually, I don't mind my ass really, but I hate my inner thighs!! Another bad thing about small boobs and IBS, when my tummy is bloated it sticks out way farther than my chest We got to keep a sense of humor about it all right??

At least my skin is clearing up nice since I have been using your L'Bri stuff!! I really love the stuff!

--------------------

Re: Not a gap girl but... new
      #120317 - 11/09/04 01:35 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Have you ever tried Men's jeans? I only ask because I've had some luck with them. Since the waist really isn't much different than the hips, and they're straight cut, I like them. Mind you, I like the waist VERY roomy because my IBS tummy can't stand anything tight on my waist. But still... just a thought!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Cara new
      #120318 - 11/09/04 01:40 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

cara,

Aero jeans do run alittle small! I got a pair alittle while ago, and felt kinda stupid when I had the clerk look all over for a pair of 3 long, when I really needed 5 long, I couldn't even zip the threes! Or maybe other sizes run big? I feel like I should be a five, but fives are always alittle too big, and threes are alittle too small.
I hate having to try on pants EVERYWHERE. Everything should size the same!

--------------------
-Sheri

Michele! new
      #120319 - 11/09/04 01:48 PM
Sheri01

I hear ya about the small boobs and bloating, or even if I gain a few pounds. I am tall and thin, but if I gain a pound that sucka is sure to go right to my belly (or butt), and starts to catch up with my boobs.
I wouldn't be concerned at all with keeping my tummy flat if it weren't for the small boobs. They make everything on me look monstruous by comparison.

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Nelly #2 new
      #120326 - 11/09/04 02:11 PM
Nelly

Ditto, babe. *shaking head* Seems like puberty would have been good for something besides zits! But noooo...

You look so petite in your avatar! I always thought you were about 5'2" @95 lbs...

I'm pretty long waisted, but I like my jeans to go past my ankles. Most long jeans go above my ankle. They look weird on me. It's difficult being tall!

Yep, I'm 5'11" too!

~nelly~

LOL!!! new
      #120327 - 11/09/04 02:14 PM
Nelly

ROFL!! My tummy makes my boobs smaller too!! NOT FAIR !!

~nelly~

I hope you like them-- Let us know!! -nt- new
      #120328 - 11/09/04 02:17 PM
Nelly

#120398 - 11/09/04 07:54 PM
Cara4503

LOL. 5'2, 95 pounds...yeah my legs.

I'm no where near petite!! I'm more like the giant walking down the street, scaring little children. lol.

I know what you mean about wanting jeans to go over your ankle - they are a pain to find!! Hell, capri pants to go my knees - haha. Picture that.

--------------------
~Cara~

#120403 - 11/09/04 08:16 PM
heather7476

I am with you ladies on this one!! I am 5'10!! Always the tallesst girl in school yadyadyad!!! At least you are both thin!! Try being this tall and overweight!!!

I have found that jeans from Lane Bryant are long enough for me but that is the only place I have EVER found them long enough!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#120413 - 11/09/04 08:48 PM

Unregistered

I own many pairs of Gap jeans and I definitely think they are my fav so far versus the ones I used to get at Express and such places. I too have bigger thighs from years and years of dance (which are now not so toned as before) but I definitely find the Gap ones to be consistently comfy since they have a nice stretch in them. I am actually going to buy a pair of their new Ultra Low Rise tomorrow, but the low rise ones I got from last season (both flare and bootcut) were great because they don't get that annoying pouch sort of thing that happens below the waistline sometimes. And the stretch kind of helps eliminate that gap thing in the back. I also find that while most jeans are kind of an uncomfortable tight after you wash them, the Gap ones seems to go back to being comfy right away. Hope this helps and good luck! Hope your leg feels better real soon!

#120471 - 11/10/04 06:52 AM
michele

Yes, I have tried several mens jeans but the problem is my butt is too round for them. I have kinda a bubble butt and most guys don't have much of a butt so they are always too tight in the seat no matter how big I buy them. I tried for years before the girls pants starting coming in longs because I have a 34 inseam and most regular leagnth jeans are too short! Thanks for the thought. I'm just a hard fit! Mother nature was not kind to me

I know everyone is looking at my picture and thinking I'm not that big but I have gained another 15 pounds since that was taken!!

--------------------

#120522 - 11/10/04 08:58 AM
RachelT

Well, either way... I'm sure you're still beautiful! How's the leg?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)

OMG, we're all tall! new
      #120524 - 11/10/04 09:25 AM
Nelly

Well that's cool! We're all tall girls!

But I slouch constantly and can't break myself of the habit! I am also a gawlky walker, often stumbling on short people! LOL!

Remember those 5th grade dances, where the boys came right up to your boobs?? Slow dancing, yeh, that was an option! Not!!

I looked like Olive Oyl in high school (*mope!*)! There are only so many basketball players one can date!! But all of my friends are tall too, so I don't feel so bad. Also in my office I'm the shortest, so that's ok!

~nelly~

Re: Thanks Rachel new
      #120530 - 11/10/04 09:55 AM
michele

The leg is still sore but it is improving. I still can't put any weight on it but the pain is less.

How are you feeling? Are you ok? Did you talk to the dr yet?

--------------------

#120538 - 11/10/04 10:08 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

I swear by Tommy Hilfiger boyfriend cut jeans... big in the thighs, fit my booty and are below the belly button but don't show my butt "cleavage" LMAO!!

ANYWAY! They also run a little big, I have some 11's that fit more like 13/14... I know they sell them at all the big fancy dept stores

HTH!!

Sunny

Re: OMG, we're all tall! new
      #120548 - 11/10/04 10:24 AM
heather7476

Yep hubby is 6'3 and I am 5'10 Poor Kenna didn't stand a chance at being petite!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

not tall! new
      #120555 - 11/10/04 10:33 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

I am only 5'6"... but I have a 32" inseam and NO WAIST(length wise)
... big butt.... got some boobs... have a waist when I'm about 15-20 lbs lighter...

ugh, I hate buying pants though!!!

Re: not tall! new
      #120563 - 11/10/04 10:41 AM
heather7476

Now see I got boobs to spare and the flatest butt you ever seen, and pretty thin legs for my weight so I HATE BUYING JEANS!!!!! I always have to much room in the legs and butt!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#120569 - 11/10/04 10:48 AM
Cara4503

I was not always thin! I went through years of being made fun of - I was always the tallest girl in my class, ALL guys were shorter than me....
Things got better in college. My husband is only 6'0"...6'1" with shoes on he likes to say I always said I didn't want to marry a REALLY tall man, becuase I would be scared to death for my daughters! lol.
Ok but I have 3 aunts that are 6'3"!! My dad is the shortest of his 8 siblings at 6'3". He has a brother that's 6'8". So I wonder where I get my height?!?
Although my perfect big sister is 5'8" and has gigantic boobs. I don't get it...........

--------------------
~Cara~

Cara new
      #120583 - 11/10/04 11:00 AM
heather7476

Genetics Ain't they a B&*$h!!! Poor Kenna She is going to be just like me only taller!! No Butt, big boobs and tower over everyone in school!!!

No Female on either side of my famuly is even close to small chested!! We are all DD or better!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

LOL new
      #120586 - 11/10/04 11:04 AM
Cara4503

Well be thankful that she'll at least HAVE boobs. I just had nipples on my chest. LOL.
At least guys will look at *her*! It is hard in school...I was this tall by my freshman year of high school!
I actually got hit by a car right after my huge growth sput - and I broke my growth plate in my left knee (and a lot of other things...) but my left leg is about 1 inch shorter than my right. You wouldn't notice, but it gives me a lot of back pain.
My sister is a freaking DD! I don't get it. I guess you never know - Kenna could be 5'4" with little boobs and a big butt. LOL.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: I should have been a tailor! new
      #120587 - 11/10/04 11:06 AM
michele

It seems like someone could make a pretty decent living off making custom fit jeans!!! Whoever thought up the sizing chart for women should be shot!! I mean what the heck is a size 10 anyway? (Not that I can fit into a ten right now ) But I mean, you try on one size in one store and they fit fine the next store you can't pulled'em up past your knees they are so tight!! In fact, my favortie pair of pants right now came from New York Learner. I went back like a week later to buy some more in different colors, like an IDIOT I didn't try them on. Why should I have too if they are the same exact pant from the same exact store?! Well, the black one I have no hope of wearing until I lose at least 10 pounds and the pin strip one I can wear if I do the rubber band thing because the waist is a little tight!! What is up with that crap??!!

It would be so much easier to have them sized like men, at least that would give us a little better starting point!!

--------------------

Re: I should have been a tailor! new
      #120590 - 11/10/04 11:11 AM
heather7476

I have said that for YEARS!!! Why do men have a waist size and we get to count in even numbers!!! Hello that sucks!!!
I hate shopping for clothes!!! I love to shop for THINGS!!!!
When you guys come over you will see what I mean!!! KNICK NACKS EVERYWHERE!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: genetics new
      #120593 - 11/10/04 11:14 AM
michele

Will and I were just talking about this last night after our "sex-a-thon." I have a big nose, I mean a big hump about half way down my bridge. My dad was French so I guess I got it from him. I hate it, always wanted a nose job. Will has big nostrils, I mean BIG NOSTRILS. So, what if mother nature was cruel enough to give our offspring my bridge and his nostrils? Poor thing!! We would have to start a nose job fund account!!

I don't get the boob thing either. My grandma is a DD, my boob is a nice full B, I'm an almost A!! Yse, they actually make a bra size almost A and barely B for those inbetween sizes now! The trouble is I have a very big rib cage. Even at my skinnest I was a 36! Try finding a 36 or 38 ALMOST A!! Pretty hard to do!! I like Cara's description of tits on chest!! Thats me!! I actually did find a water bra, the pads have water in them and they actually make me look like I might have some boobs. It is called a wonder bra for a reason-my husband wondered where my boobs went when I took it off!!!

--------------------

Re: LOL new
      #120594 - 11/10/04 11:15 AM
heather7476

Kenna is already tall for her age!! She wears a size six!! Because of her legnth!! She 22 1/2 inches at birth and is 42 inches right now!!! She is skinny as a bean pole though!! Got that from her dad!!!LOL When I meet Rich he was 6'3 and weighd about 145pounds!!! SKINNY!!! Now he is a good weight and thinks he is fat!!! MEN!!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

LOL new
      #120596 - 11/10/04 11:19 AM
heather7476

I keep threating my hubby that I am going to get a reduction!!! He flips every time I mention it!!! I tease him all the time that he married my boobs not me!!

Wonder Bra joke had me cracking up!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#120598 - 11/10/04 11:19 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

OMG you guys crack me up! Just wait till you have a baby Michele and if you choose to breastfeed. I use to have very nice full C's. Well let's just say they are now a very saggy B! Also they are no longer full. In fact the term I would use to describe is saggy raisins! I actually was an F when I was nursing. I look at those bras now and wonder where they went.

#120599 - 11/10/04 11:23 AM
heather7476

I just want mine to be preky for once!!! When I lay down they head east and west!! When I standing SOUTH all the way!!! North would be nice once in a while!!! I can not bleive we are talking about this!!!!LOL What will the men on here say!!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

#120600 - 11/10/04 11:23 AM
Angela E.

I wonder how tall my son will be. I am 5'9 and my hubby is 5'11 but we have alot of height in our family. My brother is 6'4 and my hubby has one brother who is 6'5. Plus all of our uncles are tall men and our fathers. At least he won't have as hard of a time finding clothes. I am now running into the problem of averages being just a tad too short and talls being to tall!!!! My favorite store is Lerner and I can't find pants to fit my length because of that!

#120601 - 11/10/04 11:25 AM
michele

I've been looking forward to being pregnant so I can see what "real" boobs would be like!!! I can't imagine mine getting any smaller even after breast feeding, they would disappear!! At least mine are "perky", they just look like they belong to a 12 year old girl not a 34 year old women!!

--------------------

#120606 - 11/10/04 11:33 AM
michele

The one thing I have found about the clothes from Learner though, is that the pants are all pretty high waisted. I do shop there a lot!!

I have no idea what my kids are going to look like. I'm 5'8 with long legs. My mom is about the same. Will is only 5'6.5 on a good day and his parent are relatively short and a bit heavy. Both Will and I have acne prone skin and Will is a bit of a hairy guy, especially considering he shaves his head bald!!! So, we could end up with a short, gorilla like, big nosed kid or we could luck out and get the best from both of us. I've only seen pictures of Wills birth mom, she died of breast cancer when was was 10, but she was really pretty. My mom used to be really pretty before she got sick. So, I know we have hope to have a pretty kid. I'm sure I'll think my baby is the most beautiful baby in the world, no matter what!

Speaking of babies, Will just called me and asked if I was pregnant yet!! This is going to be a long two weeks!!

--------------------

#120615 - 11/10/04 11:44 AM
Angela E.

You will think your baby is beautiful and he/she will be because they are a little bit of you and a little bit of Will. I really am hoping for you this month. I continue to keep all of you in my thoughts. I know I thought there would be a time I would never have a baby in my life.

As for Lerner's we should go shopping! I love those spend 75 get 25 off coupons. I bought an Entertainment book that has 3 of them good until next November!!!! We could buy shirts there instead!

Cara! new
      #120620 - 11/10/04 11:50 AM
Nelly

That's so funny. My dad is 6'3", my little bro is 6'5", and my bf is 6'4" (gotta like 'em tall). He knows he can get on my good side calling my Shorty!! LOL!

My mom on the other hand is 5'2"!! LOL! Lucky!

~nelly~

THANK G-D FOR LEG MEN!!!! new
      #120627 - 11/10/04 12:02 PM
Nelly

...I'd never have had any dates otherwise!! I'm an average B so no help there! Nice to know I can buy boobs if I need them (although I wouldn't).

~nelly~

Re: Angela new
      #120634 - 11/10/04 12:12 PM
michele

I LOVE those Learner coupns!! I'm on thier mailing list and get them in the mail all the time!! I bought a lot of stuff their this fall. I found several really cute skirts for work that I just LOVE. I bought a poncho and a shawl, several pairs of their knit pants, and many shirts!! I'd say by closet is about 1/3 Learners!!

--------------------

LOL I hear ya Nelly! new
      #120636 - 11/10/04 12:13 PM
Sheri01

My physical asset is definately my legs, too.

That G-D for tall guys , too! I am 5'8" , not as tall as you gals, but still tall, and my BF is 6'4"
Now when I go out places I can wear heels and still feel petite!

I recently graduated to a 'B', I posted about it on this board ahile back, I am not sure if you were around then, and it spurred a HUGE thread about boobs. If you are curious, you can look it up, I think it was called "I graduated to a 'B' (Post for the gals)
Boys never like me in school, all the other girls had boobs and I didn't At least I have *some* now, and I have learned to love my body the way it is, well, most days anyways...

--------------------
-Sheri

I totally agree! new
      #120638 - 11/10/04 12:17 PM
Nelly

Those size charts ARE a mess! I bought guy's jeans for so long, I can't tell you! A standardized size 10. This is all I ask for! Let me know where I really fall!! LOL!

I get my stuff altered everywhere I go. Especially work clothes. Otherwise, the hips and butt would be too big. The length would be fine, tho!

~nelly~

Tall guys rock! new
      #120640 - 11/10/04 12:26 PM
Nelly

Tall guys, especially tall proportionate guys, are awesome. Hard to find ones who aren't jocks, tho, IMHO. Esp ones who don't watch sports! They are out there, tho! Got me one!!

~nelly~

#120762 - 11/10/04 06:11 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

LoL Heather! You're cracking me up! My aunt does facials and she says that's how she can tell which of her clients have fake or real boobs ... real ones hang off to the sides but the fake ones defy gravity and point straight out all the time!

By the way, want to share any of that height with me?? I'm 5'0 (they tried to tell me at the doc last time that I was 4'11, but I think their ruler was BROKEN!!)!! I'm short w/little boobs and a bubble butt! I want to GROW!!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

haha new
      #120764 - 11/10/04 06:19 PM
Cara4503

Well I do facials now, so I'll have to look for that!! LOL.

--------------------
~Cara~

#120778 - 11/10/04 08:58 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Quote:

Remember those 5th grade dances, where the boys came right up to your boobs?? Slow dancing, yeh, that was an option! Not!!

I looked like Olive Oyl in high school (*mope!*)! There are only so many basketball players one can date!! But all of my friends are tall too, so I don't feel so bad. Also in my office I'm the shortest, so that's ok!

So I won't jump in regarding all the 'lady talk' , but, although now, I'm 5'9"/5'10" which isn't super tall but not super short either, in elementary school I was always one of the shortest kids in my class. Those dances with all the girls being taller sucked. It is nice to know that the tall girls felt just as self conscious about things as I did. I really think that everybody (especially the tall girls and short boys) would be a lot happier if there wasn't that notion that the guy has to be taller than the girl. It's funny how we have that impression.

I mean I guess it'd obviously depend on the girl, but I would feel weird with dating a girl taller than me, as I know most girls don't want to date a guy shorter than them.

So the question is: Is it just plain human nature, or has it been ingrained in us that the guy is just supposed to be taller?

#120786 - 11/10/04 09:31 PM
heather7476

Yep that is the true test anything that sticks staight out when laying down other than your nose isn't real!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

#120787 - 11/10/04 09:34 PM
heather7476

I think it has been ingrained in us!! My step step is shorter than my mom and he has a problem with it but she doesn't!!! I don't know I think there is such a feeling that women should be small abd pettie that when we date a men shorter than us we feel like we stick out!!! Just a thought!!!
Thank you for not commenting on the "girl talk"

--------------------
Heather7476

I'm not! new
      #120817 - 11/11/04 03:01 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I always reckon I'm a tall girl in a minature body! I'm 5'2, but I always think that people are my height when actually they're 4 inches taller! So mentally I guess I'm 5'6!

#120873 - 11/11/04 06:34 AM
Cara4503

Good question! I dated one guy in my life that was shorter than me...and by shorter I'm talking about 2 inches - so barely anything. I was SOOOOOOO uncomfortable, unless we were sitting down! I wore the same shoes everytime I saw him because they were my flattest ones. I wasn't uncomfortable becuase he was short - I was uncomfortable because I was so tall.
I think that now, I wouldn't have as much a problem with it, but in my 'dating years' I hated being so tall and was used to being made fun of for it!

--------------------
~Cara~

#120972 - 11/11/04 09:44 AM
michele

Well, I do like tall guys but I married a guy a good 1-1.5 shorted than me!!! I'm 5'8 barefoot and my hubby is almost 5.7 with shoes!! Its a good thing I can't walk in heels because we would really be an odd couple than!

--------------------

#120978 - 11/11/04 10:13 AM
Nelly

LOL! I have def dated a lot of shorter guys. There are some good ones out there. There are some bad ones too, the insecure ones with short guy syndrome. The worst are the ones who come up to my nose and insist they're 6 feet. I always have to explain that men inches are smaller than women inches. I use the 8 inch rule. It usually gets a laugh!

The major prob with those early on dances was that was when breasts were just popping up (or barely budding, for mee!) so hello, added embarassment factor there. It just made an extremely gawlky moment additionally awkward...!

~nelly~

Cara, has this ever happened to you?? new
      #120981 - 11/11/04 10:16 AM
Nelly

You're talking to a nice guy at a bar or party or something. You're both clicking and you're sitting down. Then you both stand up, and guess what? Prince Charming's face drops when he figures out you're 6 inches taller than him.

I hate it when that happens! *sigh!*

~nelly~

HA - many times... new
      #120990 - 11/11/04 10:28 AM
Cara4503

I met a lot of guys sitting down at booths in bars or whatever...I would always check out their legs, get an idea of their height (LOL), and I'd be so paranoid of standing up and seeing the look on their face. That's so funny! I'm not the only one!

--------------------
~Cara~

I REALLY THOT... new
      #120991 - 11/11/04 10:33 AM
Nelly

... *I* was the only one!! I actually had a guy tell me he hated tall girls... His expression was priceless when I got up and walked away!!

*sigh!*

~nelly~

lol new
      #120993 - 11/11/04 10:37 AM
Cara4503

Did you used to do the 'squat stance' when you were talking to a hot guy a little shorter than you? Bend at the knees slightly with all weight on one foot. LOL. You have back pains when you go home...

--------------------
~Cara~

YES! new
      #120995 - 11/11/04 10:43 AM
Nelly

I stand feet apart, weight on one leg. I also slouch a little, and don't stand too close to any new guy. My back always kills me by the end of the night, for sure!!

I can't break myself of the habit!! Otherwise it's always, Geez, grl, how tall ARE you?? You play BASKETBALL??

*rolling eyes*

~nelly~

BASKETBALL new
      #120998 - 11/11/04 10:46 AM
Cara4503

I hate that question!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGH.
"You are so tall! Do you play basketball? You should!"

And yeah - never stand too close to a new guy - and always have legs apart. We should write a rule book.

--------------------
~Cara~

5'8" here! 32" inseam.... new
      #121034 - 11/11/04 12:33 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Re: BASKETBALL new
      #121297 - 11/12/04 11:41 AM
Nelly

Yes, distance is key! We tall girls always look smaller in the distance! When they ask the basketball question, I ask if they ever played miniature golf (if they're short)!

Also: How's the weather up there?
Answer: Rainy! (spitting)

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28046

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review