All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What's going on w/ me?
      #119984 - 11/08/04 12:24 PM
alexist

Reged: 11/08/04

Hi,
I'm guessing that I'm probably not putting this message in the right spot, but I don't know where to put it. So here goes...Since September I've been having gi trouble. I only go every 4-5 days, then it's painful, nauseating diarhea for at least 2-3 hrs. The next day I have painful gas and bloating, and the rest of the time I'm gassy and bloated. My doc gave me an antispasmodic and told me I have either ibs or colotis. My bm's are soft with mucous and sometimes a little blood. My problem is that I feel miserable all the time, and when I go it's so painful. I fight fainting. Can anyone shed any light on if the same things happen to them? Thanks,
Alexis

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What's going on w/ me? new
      #119988 - 11/08/04 12:34 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Have you had a colonoscopy? That's important...especially if you have blood in your stool (that's not a normal IBS symptom although some people with IBS do experience it sometimes)

What antispasmodic are you on?

What is your diet like?

The first thing you need to do it cut out all red meat, dairy and high fat foods. You should also be taking a soluble fibre supplement (SFS) like Citrucel, Metamucil, Acacia, etc.

There is a wealth of information on this site to get your started....you should definately order Heather's books because they will make a HUGE difference....hope you feel better soon....don't give up....YOU WILL FEEL BETTER!!

#119989 - 11/08/04 12:35 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello and WElcome!!!
I would post this on the Diet board you may get more respones there!! You can try heather's diet and suggestions but you realy need to have some test done to see if it IBS OR IBD!!!
I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#119994 - 11/08/04 12:42 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh I am very familiar with days of bloat and constipation and then it all coming out sloppy with horrible nausea...its sooooo horrible, isn't it? You must stop eating all the triggers and go back to basics...do you have heathers books? oh, and it would probably be better to post this up on the eating for ibs board instead of the living room where we just talk about day to day non ibs stuff...good luck...we are all here!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#120006 - 11/08/04 01:14 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Hi,

You should definately get a colonoscopy. Your symptoms are very similar to mine and I just found out last week that I actually have colitis (I was diagnosed with IBS two years ago and have been miserable for most of that time). There are meds that can be used to treat the symptoms of colitis so you should definately find out for sure.

Meg

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3451 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 849

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review