All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Big job interview and my gut is betraying me!! Help!
      #119129 - 11/04/04 05:31 PM
kaki69

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

Whenever I am nervous or excited about something.....the D comes out. So, I have an important interview tomorrow and my D is kicking in. Eeven as I write, I can feel the grumblies working. Besides Immodium, can anyone lend some help to a distressed gal? My biggest concern besides something acting up DURING the interview is something acting up on the 1hour 20 minute train ride there! Ugh. I ate cautiously all day today too. Help.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Big job interview and my gut is betraying me!! Help! new
      #119136 - 11/04/04 05:43 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, considering the circumstances, I would definitely dose up on imodium. I just wouldn't take any chances. Other than that... hmm... peppermint tea is just about the best thing, for me, it seems to calm everything right down.

Sorry I don't have great advice on this one - good luck tomorrow, although I'm sure you won't need "luck" because you're just going to ace the interview anyway!

#119237 - 11/05/04 07:47 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

The biggest thing is trying not to stress out about it -- in a way, we're all our own worst enemies when it comes to this, doing the whole "I'm nervous, my IBS gets worse, I get more nervous" cycle. I know it's all easier said that done, but try to go in with a positive outlook.

Besides, if you're taking the Metra, there are facilities available on board, aren't there? Even if you're right in the middle of an interview and it hits you, just tell them that you're under the weather a little and need to be excused. It might even leave a good impression that you're dedicated.

Hope it all works out for you!

- Vincent

#119248 - 11/05/04 08:13 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

If you have the grumblies and gurgles, you have gas in your tummy. Try taking some Tums as well as the imodium. Gas will kick start your D, and it's good to get rid of it head on.

Hang in there! It'll be over soon!

~nelly~

#119253 - 11/05/04 08:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh boy. Try going to the what to eat when you can't eat anything for today and tomorrow, until after the interview. I know its hard but try to relax, as we know, the more we stress the more tummy is upset. Good luck!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#119254 - 11/05/04 08:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh, just had another thought. Do you take any one the anti-spasm drugs?? I find Donnatol to work well and it has a very, very mild calming agent to it as well as the anti-cramp medication. Maybe see if your dr will call you in a script.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks everyone new
      #119483 - 11/06/04 08:50 AM
kaki69

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Chicago, IL

Thanks everyone for you advise. I dosed up on Immodium and made it through ok. (that included taking the last dose in the bathroom immediately when I got there!) It seemed to quiet down. I am not on an anti-spasmotic. I have a doctors appt Monday for my final diagnosis. I appreciate all your help. Now just cross your fingers that I get the job!!

Re: Thanks everyone new
      #119488 - 11/06/04 09:11 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I hope if this was the job for you, that the itnerview went fine and you got it! good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: Thanks everyone new
      #119498 - 11/06/04 09:38 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Good luck!

I get the same way when I get stressed. If I ever have another job interview, I'll take lots of Imodium too.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1054 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 694

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review