All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Well, we've had our first house-related... new
      #118900 - 11/04/04 09:14 AM
Sunshyne

Reged: 10/26/04
Loc: San Antonio

((Casey)) Get some hot cocoa and a fuzzy blanky and keep yourself warm girl! We had an oil furnace when I was younger... think I was about 8, I can remember the smell and the clankity clink clink clank when it turned off or on... I do hope you can get it fixed!!! Good Luck!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ha ha!!! new
      #118908 - 11/04/04 09:31 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh, I hate creepy places too!! I am deathly afraid of spiders and I'm always afraid they are going to get on me..ick!!!!

One thought, did your house inspector give you any sort of gaurentee?? I thought when we bought our house and had it inspecyed 5 years ago we were given like a 60 day gaurentee on certain things and I think the heater was one of them?? Maybe something to check into?? I hope you get it fixed soon, things like this suck!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Same here! new
      #118926 - 11/04/04 10:06 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have a weird fascination with old old old cemetaries... you know the kind, the little ones you see on the side of the road in small towns... I just find the history they hold be to kind of interesting. But. I draw the line at having a stone IN MY HOUSE. Zoiks!

Re: Same here! new
      #118935 - 11/04/04 10:18 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Quote:

I have a weird fascination with old old old cemetaries... you know the kind, the little ones you see on the side of the road in small towns... I just find the history they hold be to kind of interesting. ME TO!! I LOVE TO GO AND READ THE HEADSTONES AND WONDER WHAT THIER LIVES WERE LIKE!! But. I draw the line at having a stone IN MY HOUSE. Zoiks! ME TO ME TO !!!! COULD YOU IMAGINE THAT ON TRADING SPACES!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

#118938 - 11/04/04 10:21 AM
Sunshyne

HEATHER!! Trading grave filled basements?? hehehehe

#118940 - 11/04/04 10:23 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Quote:

HEATHER!! Trading grave filled basements?? hehehehe LOL!!!! I like to see how they would decorate it!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#118945 - 11/04/04 10:29 AM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

Let me tell ya the whole story. That house creeped me out before we even walked into it.Standing in the backyard waiting for the Realtor to meet us there i just had this creepy feeling we were being watched.The backyard was just overgrown with vines and bushes and lots of woodpiles where the previous owner had a small fire pit.Once the realtor got there the front door would NOT open! The deadbolt was unlocked but it just wouldnt open,almost like something was making it stick at the top of the door? I was standing there with every horror movie theme song running thru my head.I whispered to my hubby " something just doesnt want us here!" he tells me in an annoyed voice " oh knock it off!".We ended up having to go around back of the house and climb thru a window that had no screen attached.Once inside the realtor walked over to the front door and it opened easily!!! The whole house just creeped me out,it was dark and gloomy and just trashed from years of neglectful renters passing in and out of it.The basement just made the hair on the back of my neck stand up,it was dark,low ceilings and all the lightbulbs were burnt out or none were in the sockets.Trust me i was the first one up those basement stairs when she shined the flashlight on the tombstone!!!! Makes you wonder if the house wasnt built on an old cemetary? It was a woman's name on the tombstone,Laura Baere wife of William it read. Makes you wonder where old Willie is buried?!!!

#118949 - 11/04/04 10:32 AM
Sunshyne

They're baaaaaaackkk ... UHHHHH!!! No thanks... I have had a presence in a house before...its no fun if they don't want you there!

2 words, Home WARRANTY! new
      #118970 - 11/04/04 11:10 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

While I think for the most part home warranties are a rip off because they seldom cover all the things we would like, they are a God send for major systems like furnace, air conditioning, etc. We've had our air go out in August, they came and fixed it for the $45 service fee. Our furnace went out when it got cool, they fixed it for the $45, turns out the pilot light wasn't lit! Now the leaky master bath tub cost of $450 because they wouldn't cover it because it had been improperly repaired previously (like we would've known since they had to cut the ceiling out in the kitchen to look at it!). Nobody would cover the ruined carpet in my basement from Hurricane Ivan though. Thankfully it was just the carpet. Gotta love homeownership...it's always something. I hope you get your furnace fixed soon
Rena

Ahh, it got even better. new
      #119186 - 11/05/04 03:57 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Long story short, we couldn't get the cussed furnace reset and started yesterday at all, no matter how we tried, so afford it or not, we had to call someone to fix the thing. I had plans for yesterday - the first time in over a month I was going out and having some fun on my own, because I usually don't have a car - but of course I had to cancel all those plans to sit at home and wait for the repair guy.

... WHO NEVER SHOWED UP.

Adam's father ended up coming over and beating on the furnace - literally - hitting it, flipping switches, trying everything he could think of till it finally fired. Of course it didn't stay on, but now we know what the problem is: it's the transformer. Marvelous.

So we still don't have reliable heat or hot water, and I get to spend another day sitting at home waiting for a DIFFERENT repair guy to show up. Grrr.

Ok, I'm done venting. For now, anyway.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6682

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review