All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
NO BABIES FOR ME - (Hell no!) new
      #118170 - 11/02/04 03:55 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I do not want any kids. EVER! (I'm 30 now and don't plan on changing my mind...) Too much work, too much trouble, too expensive, too intrusive. They're cute but not cute enough for me to make such an enormous 20+ year sacrifice for.

We only get one shot at this life, I don't want to spend it changing dirty diapers and driving kids to hockey practice at 6am on weekends. And then they become teenagers....

Zero maternal instinct here! Just give me cats and dogs.

* And no offense to anyone that wants kids. *

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm coming out anti-baby! new
      #118175 - 11/02/04 04:00 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Hey, I'm 100% with you, Nelly!

Re: ROTFLMBO! new
      #118217 - 11/02/04 04:43 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Quote:

I think a lot of people try to get you to have kids so you will suffer the same misery they are suffering.

LoL!! That is SO true sometimes! My parents always said that to me: "I can't wait 'til you have kids of your own!" whenever I was being a sh*t ... Oh, and so they can spoil them and send them home as obnoxious brats, too!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Stopped making babies.... new
      #118268 - 11/02/04 07:18 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

7 years ago. I told my husband I didn't want any more children past 30 and that is what happened. I have boys, whom I adore and I can only hope one of my boys produces a girl grandchild for me. But not until they are through College and married.

Not going to have any kids...thinking of "their" well-being. new
      #118284 - 11/02/04 08:13 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

I firmly believe that my depression has a fundamentally genetic cause. Therefore, I will not have any kids of my own.

-why put a child through that emotional/spiritual pain???

Besides, my cousins Madeline, Juss, Kianna, Sophia and Mason (who is presently floating around in a nice warm and wet place) are an abundant blessing in my life. It's amazing how the paternal side of a man can rise to the surface when he interacts with the new generation for the first time. I'll stop now, or I'll start gloating like a proud parent.

Kisses to all the wee ones out there, though.

And, brush your teeth after snacking on your Halloween candy!

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

My husband and I are working on 10 years new
      #118286 - 11/02/04 08:34 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

and I know deep down in my mother's heart she thinks we are having kids. My sister gave her a grandson this summer but still there is that thread of hope. In the beginning I felt funny being around any of my relatives when I was interacting with my nephew, I could just see their wheels turning. My sister has been very helpful telling everyone to back off and that of course I am going to love my nephew, giving him hugs and kisses, but that doesn't mean I want one of my own. From my early teens I knew I didn't want any and I made that perfectly clear to my husband he is obviously in the same boat. No one ever took me seriously, even my doctors. So this time as I was interviewing a new gyno I took my husband along and we made it CLEAR that we do not want children. She was the first one to really listen and hear me! I think people(especially women) need to realize that it is okay to not want or have children. And for those that do more power to them. I think there are message boards and websites out there for those of us who do not want any kids.

--------------------
IBS-D

Let me expand on that-- new
      #118328 - 11/03/04 07:00 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

That goes for married people trying to set up singles too!! Misery loves company!!

~nelly~ Not looking so don't even ask

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 412 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2991

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review