All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Rough weekend...
      #117500 - 10/31/04 09:16 AM
oliver1014

Reged: 06/12/04

I have had the worst weekend. Friday we got a call from our doctor that my pregnancy has stopped. This is our first miscarriage and I am finding it extremely hard to deal with. A few hours after she called I started feeling really sick. I don't know if I just caught a bug or if it was from being upset. I have been awake for most of the weekend from feeling so nauseated and vomiting off and on through it all. Now I have massive spasms in my stomache and I have to go trick or treating with my daughter tonight. I have had peppermint tea and oatmeal for breakfast but so far my tummy hasn't felt any better. Anyone have any quick fixes?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

So sorry!!! new
      #117510 - 10/31/04 09:57 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

<<<<<<<<HUGE HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I am sorry for you loss!! Nothing I can say will make it better I know but I just want you to know we are all here for you!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Rough weekend... new
      #117542 - 10/31/04 01:46 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I don't have any advice to make the pain go away, but I just want to let you know how sorry I am!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#117547 - 10/31/04 02:11 PM
k-may

Reged: 03/02/04
Loc: Rochester, MI

First, let me offer my condolences to you and your husband. You are in my prayers.
You asked about a quick fix, and I'll just share something that has been helpful to me, in addition to peppermint tea. There is a product out there called phosphorated carbohydrate solution. There's a brand name that I can never recall, but a pharmacist can help. It's basically a strong sugar and is often generically packaged as "Anti-Nausea Liquid" and the like. I don't know WHY it works, but that in addition to peppermint tea and bananas often works wonders when I'm all cramped/spasmed up.
You will get through this difficult time. Hang in there!

Edited by k-may (10/31/04 02:14 PM)

#117550 - 10/31/04 02:35 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

I am so sorry you had to go through this. I am sending huge hugs and I hope you have people there rallying around you. Do you think you may be throwing up through stress / hormonal changes? Eat some dry toast and try and take some time out if possible to cry/talk/sleep - whatever you need and deserve....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying for you. -----nt---- new
      #117569 - 10/31/04 05:08 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#117574 - 10/31/04 05:12 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

No quick fixes for you, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you have a good time trick and treating.

Thank you all new
      #117635 - 10/31/04 10:40 PM
oliver1014

Reged: 06/12/04

Well the cramping seems to have calmed down. The three hours of trick-or-treating made my stomache swell some. It seemes with every step the lower part of my stomache felt heavier and wider. I think the reality of the miscarriage has just hit me this evening because I keep having sudden bursts of tears. My poor husband! Tomorrow I have to go for an ultrasound to see if the miscarriage was totally completed. I am not looking forward to that. I feel like it will be the roughest part and it makes it all seem more real. My husband wants to go in with me but I don't want to have him go through seeing the blank screen. I just want to wake up and find this is all just a bad dream.

BIG HUG! new
      #117667 - 11/01/04 06:42 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Re: I'm so sorry new
      #117688 - 11/01/04 09:09 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I sent you an email. Please let us know how your visit went today. Big hugs to you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: I'm so sorry new
      #117809 - 11/01/04 01:41 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know that it is not an easy thing to go through. I'll be thinking of you!

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1473 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1488

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review