All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ugh, do I have a sister... Ugh, do I have a family...
      #117160 - 10/29/04 10:32 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

Talked to my sis on the phone today and it was the same old crap. I'm doing very little to improve myself, blah, blah, blah. Lazy..., character defective..., OMG such IGNORANCE!!!

The ironic thing is that I spoke to her to say her input in regards to nutrition would be appreciated. But, it's the same old story. A total invalidation (as to keep up the status quo) for "Bob the Indentified Patient."

Left the conversation with a friendly message and told her I'd call. HA!!! I won't. I'm getting too old for this sibling role model and rivalry nonsense. Ain't worth it! She is not the key to my cure...she's simply a contributor to my stress.

And, one of these days I'll verbally tear her a new one so SHE has IBS w. D and will actually know what she's talking about. Get this, she's a nurse. Guess docs aren't the only health professionals who need sensitivity training.

This Thanksgiving will be quite a big day for the family... It's also Justice's (yes, that's the little child's name in the pic) birthday. He'll be one year old, on Thankgiving. I think I'll spend the dinner at the kiddie table w. Juss (my preferred nickname for him) and his party afterword with the babies... What I really enjoy about the new generation (there are four of them now, with one on the way) is that they are nonjudgemental & have a built in BS monitor. The antipsychotics actually help in this matter too, but nothing's as refreshing as a young child's perspective on the world.

God Bless them and special congrats to Torbetta (spelled correctly?) on her new arrival.

One parting thought. Now that I'm getting to know my "inner child" better..., I'm also learning who I don't want to "play with" anymore. Hasta la vista, hermana!!!

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ugh, do I have a sister... Ugh, do I have a family... --PS new
      #117161 - 10/29/04 10:47 PM
UrbanRain

-anyone have an empty chair for Thanksgiving!?!

-don't eat much and I'm easy to please!

This year it's going to be eating WITH Turkey's for dinner and IBS for dessert! I'll bring the Alka Seltzer!!!

Bob the Cynic.

--------------------

Re: Ugh, do I have a sister... Ugh, do I have a family... new
      #117202 - 10/30/04 06:35 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Bob- we have an extra seat, but its in MI... sorry for your family mess.. I have my own share of them my mother has me ready to hang up the phone as soon as I hear her voice lately....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Our blessing and our curse. new
      #117255 - 10/30/04 09:30 AM
UrbanRain

Thank you. It all get's so darn exhausting at times.

Yet, I'm not going to estrange myself from them. After all, they are family.

I pray for them everyday. If I don't get the goods from them, at least I'm covering the "spiritual ground."

Thanks again, Bob.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 583

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review