All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Is there anything you wouldn't give up
      #117116 - 10/29/04 05:10 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

no matter what? or something that without it your life would have no meaning anymore? For instance I don't know what I would do if my allergies got worse and I couldn't have cats. I just couldn't do it. Ha there are those people that are dying of lung/throat cancer and can't stop smoking but that is just crazy. Anyway does anyone have a comment?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is there anything you wouldn't give up new
      #117117 - 10/29/04 05:13 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I know it sounds crazy but my BOOKS!!! They are my escape and the one thing that keeps me sane!! Whenever I get stressed or upset I can escape into a book!! I don't know what I would do with out them!!!
And of course my family and friends!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#117118 - 10/29/04 05:16 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm with you on the cats. I lived for a couple years in an apartment where I couldn't have pets, and I was absolutely miserable. Other than those 2 years, I've had cats my entire life, and I will never do that to myself again.

Other than that... hmm. Knitting and crocheting. If someone took away my ability to do that, I'd be pretty lost.

#117120 - 10/29/04 06:02 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'd have to say my hubby!. He's the best! He helps me with EVERYTHING. Taking care of the kids, cleaning, getting up with them at night. I wouldn't trade him or give him up for the world. I'm very lucky to have him. Sorry to sound mushie If anything would ever happen to him I'd never find anyone like him!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#117121 - 10/29/04 06:05 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Lisa your so sweet!!! Sounds like you have a great man there!!!

--------------------

Re: Steph new
      #117123 - 10/29/04 06:12 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I do have a great man! So what wouldn't you give up? I think you and I are alike on this subject. The other thing I wouldn't, couldn't give up is SHOPPING! That comes a close second!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Steph new
      #117124 - 10/29/04 06:21 PM
heather7476

OOHHH SHOPPING!!! That would be a close 2nd for me with MY family first then reading and Shopping tying for 2nd, Shopping is why I just had to total redo the budget this month!!YIKES

--------------------
Heather7476

#117126 - 10/29/04 06:28 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Definatley the shopping! And I would also have to be mushy and say my husband as well. He's a great guy!

ooh here are some more things new
      #117127 - 10/29/04 06:39 PM
Little Minnie

breakfast, daily showers, the internet, gardening (I am not giving this up despite a bad hip injury ouch!), I mentioned traveling and seeing new things, and here is the naughty one, bits of fancy cheese now and again, especially brie. I don't care if I get a little C from it, I love cheese now and again and have restricted myself to a very little bit!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#117130 - 10/29/04 06:43 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

Well I can't help but get philisophical, maybe it was the politice/religion/life conversation I had with my father last night.
The one thing I wont give up it that which has taken great pain to possess and seemingly elusive, is my free will. Sound chezze I know, but with illness and no personal possesstions save those of others and what's left after my depts it's all I truely have. Oh and books and and the like.

Oh D@me I forgot, If I can't have free will and even it I can, no one better take away my dog. Much hell would be dealt.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

Edited by Luther Maze (10/29/04 06:46 PM)

books are good Heather new
      #117134 - 10/29/04 06:49 PM
Little Minnie

but I would give up my family in a heartbeat. mom, dad and sisters and extended family I mean! Nothing but trouble, sigh.

--------------------

I'd have to agree with you... new
      #117135 - 10/29/04 07:12 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

I would be lost without my babies... Bubba Boy especially! They are my life! I don't know what I'd do without my DH either. He is my soul mate, without a doubt!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

tie between church and family new
      #117137 - 10/29/04 07:28 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Those are two most constantly good elements in my life. I have the best family ever. And I love my church I love my faith, I love the community I have. In college I drove 40 min each way to get to the nearest church in my denomination. Now I take the subway an hour each way. Everyone seems impressed -- but they don't get that it's not out of obedience or obligation -- I just love it!
Oh and my bf is pretty cool too, though with him in London and me in NY, I do pretty much feel like I live without him. But I'd be lost without his love and support!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: books are good Heather new
      #117138 - 10/29/04 07:40 PM
StephS

Quote:

but I would give up my family in a heartbeat. mom, dad and sisters and extended family I mean! Nothing but trouble, sigh.

Sorry to hear that Minni, that's really to bad!

--------------------

#117139 - 10/29/04 07:43 PM
StephS

I would have to say my car....well I would give it up for a newer one...but I would hate to not have a car!!! That would suck....because then I couldn't go SHOPPING!!! I love to shop too!! Very fun!

And ofcourse my family. I love them to death!! Even though they drive me nuts!!!! (kids and hubby)

Mom, Dad, brothers and sisters too! They only drive me nuts once in a while....and thats only my sisters!!!

--------------------

Re: tie between church and family new
      #117141 - 10/29/04 07:46 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I agree - to a point - I would give up my 'church' if I had to - but never my relationship with Jesus! My priorities are: God, my husband, my family, my church!
And now that I have Rocco, I go crazy when I'm away for more than an hour! Pathetic, I know. He's spoiled but I just love him so much.
And shopping is a big one. Holy cow - imagine if you could never go shopping again....shoot me.

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: ooh here are some more things new
      #117143 - 10/29/04 08:06 PM
heather7476

I would have to agree on the Shower and internet!! I hate to garden and this house came with a huge flower garden UUUGGG!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

This one's easy... new
      #117157 - 10/29/04 10:07 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

My faith in God.

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

#117284 - 10/30/04 11:20 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

My wonderful boyfriend, my family, chats, "the craic" ie fun, and hugs!

--------------------
S.

I second the faith in god... new
      #117303 - 10/30/04 01:15 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

but otherwise- my husband... possesions are just that possessions..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1291 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 652

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review