All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Help! Anyone have problems with really bad dreams/night sweats on anti-depressants!
      #116914 - 10/28/04 08:39 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Hope everyone's doing good...sorry I haven't been on much lately, I've recently started back at work after being on disability for roughly three months, and I'm having some bad family problems so it's been kinda crazy. But, I've been checking in and reading everyone's posts!

Anyways, I've been having terrible nightmares (or just really screwed up dreams) ever since starting on Effexor and I'm also having really bad night sweats. I think the sweats are actually related to the dreams (i.e. I'm getting so scared I'm sweating). Anyways, it's getting so bad I have to get up multiple times to change pjs and stuff, and I haven't had a good night's sleep in weeks

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen or has any suggestions. I'm tolerating the Effexor really well otherwise, so I don't want to go off it because I don't want to put my body through that right now.

Thanks guys,
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Anyone have problems with really bad dreams/night sweats on anti-depressants! new
      #116927 - 10/28/04 11:00 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi kelly, I havent been on much lately either. I have experienced the horrible night mares you are speaking of. I have awoken screaming and jumping right on top of my poor sleeping husband. HE told me if I didnt quit it he might have a heart attack, I was scaring him that bad. I cannot explain the fear that I suffered with the dreams. I cannot remember what meds I was taking at the time, I dont think I was taking any. Through therapy and finding the right meds, my dreams have stopped. The anti's can cause so many problems, if you were not having the dreams before hand, it may be a good idea to talk to your doc and change them. You need your rest, your body needs it so it can heal. As for the sweating, I did not start that until it was time for me to go on HRT, that helped tremendously. How old are you? Is it time for your ovaries to start giving you troubles?

hope it gets better soon, keep me posted.

Re: Help! Anyone have problems with really bad dreams/night sweats on anti-depressants! new
      #116930 - 10/29/04 12:29 AM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

That's interesting... Because I find that when I fall asleep (and forget to take the Effexor), I get nightmares.

The thing with these meds. is that everyone has a different chemistry. As the saying goes, "one man's/woman's food is another's poison."

Perhaps, you might consider trying a different AD.

Crazy Bob (certified and experienced).

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Oh yep! new
      #116939 - 10/29/04 02:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've had vivid dreams and talked in my sleep and had night sweats. Though I think the sweats are down to Fibro with me.

#116944 - 10/29/04 04:41 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

YEP!! had night sweats bad with my zoloft!!! Dreams to. The sweating has stopped but not the dreams!!! Good Luck!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Same here... new
      #116949 - 10/29/04 05:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Except that the nightmares have pretty much stopped for me, and the sweats have continued. In fact, I was just complaining about it to Adam last night. I don't sleep in pjs, so I end up waking up in the middle of the night in damp sheets, and it's pretty darn gross if you ask me.

But if it's what I have to put up with to feel like I do on Lexapro, it's a small price, I guess. It's been my only long-term side effect. I'm sure I'll eventually learn how to sleep through the damp sheets. (Eww.)

Me too new
      #116953 - 10/29/04 05:47 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I always have odd dreams but lately they are nearly every night and BIzarre. I wake up in the middle of the night roasting and its mostlu my legs that are drenched in sweat. Glad you guys are linking it to AD I was getting worried about my sanity!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

LOL!! new
      #116973 - 10/29/04 07:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Honestly, I was worried about my sanity too... first of all, because I'm actually NOT roasting, I'm sweating like mad and I'm not even hot! Second because it's only my legs!! Weird! But glad to hear I'm not alone.

Re: LOL!! new
      #116974 - 10/29/04 07:03 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

MY FEET ARE ALWAYS HOT NOW!!! I thought oh great I am going nuts now to boot!!!! Glad I am not the only one!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Geez... new
      #117159 - 10/29/04 10:10 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

-didn't know there was this many people in here, on meds.

-makes me feel less self-conscious.

Bob.

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1863 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review