All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Nothing more precious.....
      #116767 - 10/28/04 02:37 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

than a sleeping, content newborn. I am in love! Zoe Anne was born October 26th at 8:33 pm (est) and weighed in at 7 lbs. 10 oz and 21 inches. She was my smallest and she has beautiful black wavy hair. I expected her to be 8 1/2 lbs and bald but she suprised us all. My mom told me during labor she thought she would be over 9 lbs !

Madeline and Meike adore her and Meike can't leave her alone. She hardly cries yet so it should be interesting to see how they react to that or even how tonight will go.

Here are a few pictures:

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Precious doesn't even begin to describe her!!! new
      #116772 - 10/28/04 02:40 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

She's so beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Nothing more precious..... new
      #116773 - 10/28/04 02:47 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Yea Torbetta!!! She is so beautiful. Love the dark hair. So how did everything go? Were you induced? And if so how was it? Did it take long?

I'm so happy for you and your family. I miss a tiny baby around the house! Throw the left over baby dust to us TTC girls here on the board!!

Well good luck tonight with the baby...I'm assuming its your first night home! Take care!!!!

--------------------

#116777 - 10/28/04 02:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

HEIDI!!!!!!!!!

I am gushing over here!

I have no words...what a MIRACLE!

Thank you for sahring with us, CONGRATULATIONS, and enjoy your beautiful baby girl!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#116780 - 10/28/04 03:02 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Oh! She's beyond beautiful!! Congratulations!!

Do you really want the gory details? LOL new
      #116784 - 10/28/04 03:07 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I wasn't sure if I should post them. I am also having trouble posting today for some reason. Here are some details from an email I sent to a couple of friends.

It was a long labor for me but not too bad since I pretty much went on my own without much induction. I went in at 8 in the morning and they were monitoring me. I was having some contractions but not enough. I was about 2 cm and 80% effaced. They started the cervidel at 9 am and I immediatly had cramping and contractions. They were coming so close together that her hearrate was going down. I had to lay on my side and keep changing positions. They decided to take it out at 10 am and let my contractions slow down and they planned on pitocin since they could control it more. The contractions didn't spread out like they liked. The dr. checked me at about 3:20 and I was 3 cm and my water broke. I thought this is it we will have a baby by 6 pm. Nope. More contractions. My mom showed up around 4:30 and my sister showed up at 5:15. They thought I was definatly in transition. The nurse checked me at around 6 and I was 4 cm. About 6:45 I was 5 cm and they called the dr. in to see if I could get an epidural. I wasn't sold on it at the time but we thought we might try it since I couldn't have nubain. Nubain would effect Zoe and with her heartrate troubles earlier the dr. ruled it out. Finally I was able to get out of bed and I had several hard contractions and gravity worked. When the dr. showed up I was 8 cm and it was too late for an epidural. He said I could stretch to 10 cm so he gave me a bit of pitocin. He said in 10 contractions I would be ready. He was right and I didn't feel any difference with the pictocin, except they were longer. My mom and sister were able to be in the room and Tory was of course there. I don't know how many pushes or how long but it felt like a couple long push and she started coming out. It didn't take much since she was so small. It was amazingly painful without drugs and yet it was so much more real feeling. Her birth was the first one I cried at.

BTW, Madeline was 8lbs 1 oz and 4.5 hrs of labor, Meike was 7 lbs 15 oz and 7.5 hours of pitocin, hard back labor. Zoe's was really only about 3 or 4 hours even though it took 11 hours. Early labor is always long anyways and it's not that painful, just uncomfortable so why count it?

Heidi new
      #116792 - 10/28/04 03:25 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Congratulations, all three of your girls are beautiful, and YOU look GREAT in the pic too..a radiant new mommy.

Well done!!!

Sinead

--------------------
S.

new baby.. new
      #116794 - 10/28/04 03:27 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

congrats! she's so cute!

--------------------

Congrats.....How wonderful! Zoe Anne is a doll! -nt- new
      #116811 - 10/28/04 03:54 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

#116815 - 10/28/04 04:07 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oh Heidi, she's gorgeous!!! Congrats. I'm so glad everything went well and that your kids adore her so much. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review