All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Does your username have meaning?
      #116688 - 10/28/04 11:09 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Okay, since everyone is talking about whether or not pics really look like you or if someone on the boards reminds you of someone else. I was wondering about some of the unique usernames that are on these boards. Does your username have a meaning or story behind it?

I'll go first, my username is Tissy. My brother is 4 years younger than me and when we were younger he couldn't say Christie, when he tried it came out Tissy. The nickname kinda stuck, just in the family, until he could pronounce my name right. And my father has used that as a nickname for me ever since. He is the only one that still calls me Tissy.

So what's the story behind your usernames?

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does your username have meaning? new
      #116690 - 10/28/04 11:12 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

When I was setting my first email address up while I was in high school, I was going to use melita which is my first name (Melissa) in Greek, but someone had already used it. So I decided to use melitami, which is melita (a)m i. It's my username/email for so many things now, to the point that some people who I know both in real life and online call me melitami as opposed to my real name.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#116702 - 10/28/04 11:30 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Mine is my "business name", such as it is. I was thinking I wanted to start a vintage-clothing business, and I was trying to think of a good name, and "Atomic Rose" just popped into my head. It makes no sense whatsoever, but I liked it, and I decided that's what I'd go with. I've pretty much decided not to start the business after all. Now I just use it as my screenname when I sign up for things, because I still like it!

#116707 - 10/28/04 11:36 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

well, my little brother, who is now 22 (I am 25) started calling me Daliatree years ago. My name is Dalia! It all started with me being a very environmentally consious teenager and I loved and still love trees. I find them so peaceful and watchful...I especially LOVE ancient trees, or huge ones. So Leon (my brother) started to call me Daliatree.
I first used it on the first website chatrooms I ever joined (this IBS one is the second!) - The Lonely Planet Thorn Tree - the BEST travel/backpacking site EVER...two years ago when I was planning my round the world trip. I met my husband on that site (he became my travel buddy)...so the name is good luck to me. May it help me rid my life of IBS. Amen!!!! hahahhaha

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#116709 - 10/28/04 11:38 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well 74 is my hubby birth year and 76 is mine!! My mom used to call me FRED. My whole life she raley called me anything else!! Don't ask why i don't know!! Then she met my step dad has started calling me heather. Why you ask. His name is Fred!!! He signs all my cards love dad (fred 2). Just though I would share my nickname story!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#116712 - 10/28/04 11:43 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Not really. Jennifer is my first name and Rose is my middle name.

My old user name was one that I've used for years. My ex boyfriend used to call me angel and my middle name is rose, but often times angelroses was taken so I changed the e to a y and viola!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#116714 - 10/28/04 11:58 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Mine is not as creative as all of yours!
The 4503 is our wedding date - April 5, 2003.
Cara is my nickname - Carolyn is my real name. I had a best friend named Sara Lynn in high school, so people starting calling me Cara Lynn, Cara just stuck. The only people who still call me Carolyn are my parents and my little brother Bolina. His real name is Tommy but I call him Bolina (Tom-bolina).
My sister calls me Linea - (Caro-Linea). My family is weird :P

--------------------
~Cara~

#116717 - 10/28/04 12:11 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Mine is pretty basic..

... Sheri + 01 (as in 2001, the year I became and IBSer)

I am not creative in coming up with user names!

My other username I use for things is EmusAreEvil309 (AIM sign-on, if anyone wants to add me to their buddylist ), but I try not to use that too much, cause now I have grown up alittle and think it is mean and discrminatory, I mean what reason do I have to claim that Emus ARE evil, anyways? Except one bit me before, but that was my fault for going to a confined animal safari, animals really shouldn't be caged up or kept in captivity.

Hmmm.... maybe I will start a new one centered around my new found love for zombies....

--------------------
-Sheri

Dalia new
      #116719 - 10/28/04 12:13 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

That is such a pretty name, do you say it "dah lee AH" or "Dale ee ah" ?

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Does your username have meaning?
      #116722 - 10/28/04 12:18 PM
Shane_Marr

Reged: 09/16/04
Loc: Seattle, WA

Just my name------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2612 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review