Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Ugh! REALLY down after my naturopath appointment
      #115768 - 10/25/04 04:06 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

The guy said he can cure me.

GR!!!!!!!!

If it were true, i would NOT be whining....but we all know anyone that says they can cure you is a quack!

Lesson to self: Go with your gut! I had a bad feeling about the guy and the appointment and I shouldv'e stayed away. No I hope hubby will still be cool with me going to the naturopath I truly trust after I blew $150 becasue someone in the community suggested the quack....

When you're sick you SO BADLY want to be well....but at least I have my feet on the ground enough to know I can't "be cured" just like that.

What do you guys think? Should I have been more open to being cured or do you guys agree the guy's a quack? What would you have done?

Help!

Ruchie

P.S. Even in Fibro For dummies it says anyone that says they can cure you is a quack. that fibro patients know more about fibro than their docs and that if there was a cure out there....we'd be the 1st to know!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I would agree, that he can't "cure" you... new
      #115769 - 10/25/04 04:10 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

but do you think maybe he would be able to help you at all?? What were his ideas? Did he tell you the things he'd be doing? I go to a chiropracter that has told me he's been successful in helping FMS patients, maybe that's what the doc meant when he said "cure". I guess I'm just hopeful for you Ruchie. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm always willing to be open-minded and try things out. Good luck hon!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: I would agree, that he can't "cure" you... new
      #115779 - 10/25/04 04:36 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Rachel,

He said he would give me acidophilus, a nasal spray, and shots for 6 weeks. He hooked me up to a machne and said I have E-coli, candida, and my lymph nodes are weak. No fibromyalgia. No problems with blood sugar. The shots are $45 each, the nasal spray $90, and the acidophilus $20. The appoitnment today for 30 mins was $150 and will be again at the end of the 6 weeks. The guy didn't strike me right either. He seemd to think I don't even have fibromyalgia! I dunno Rache (can I call you Rache, that's what my friends call me....my English name is Rachel)...I have hope for me....but I don't want to waste my money or my hopes....

Do you tihnk I'm being too hasty? If you still think I should give it a try, I'm willing to hear ya out!

*hugs*

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Yikes! new
      #115784 - 10/25/04 04:40 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

That's alot of money!!!! On second thought, it almost sounds like he wants to get paid more than anything. However, have you considered a second opinion? What if he's right? Then again, what if he's wrong. I absolutely love my chiropractor, have you considered that? Usually (unless you find a jerk) they're willing to work with you on the financial aspect of things, as long as you show up.

*Hugs* back to you!

PS. Of course you can call me Rache!! I would like that! I'm tickled that we have the same name! What nationality is Ruchie?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#115785 - 10/25/04 04:41 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hey sweets!! I don't blame you for being leerer. That is alot of money! Go with your gut feeling on this!! You can buy acidophilus at any health food store or vitamine store. It is a probiotic! I take two a day! As for the nasel spray I have never used any so I don't know what to say!! I would VERY CAUTIOUS about shots. I would want to know what they where. You can't just stop taking them if you have bad reaction because they are in your system!!!
I hope you feel better soon!!
HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Ugh! REALLY down after my naturopath appointment new
      #115787 - 10/25/04 04:53 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I think we all have done something along the same lines whether it is seeing a doctor or buying a product even when your gut says no. You just want to feel better, so don't be too hard on yourself.

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: Yikes! new
      #115792 - 10/25/04 05:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Ruchie is actually a Yiddush nickname for Rachel. Ruchie is just for fun...my REAL Hebrew name is Shayna Rikla. Rikla is a derrivitive of Rivkah which is Hebrew for Rebecca! LOL

So Ruchie is NOT my name even...but I like it so I used it here.

Rachel, Rache, Rivkah, Rikla, Shayna...I just have too many names! ROFL

Heahter 4747 has a good point about shots in your system....kinda a scary though!

I think you guys are right...I should NOT feel bad about what I did (hope I can convince hubby tho!) We ALL want to get well....and I have just been through the ringer lately. Besxides, he seemd to want me to go. I wasn't too interested.

I made a mistake. I am LEARNING to lvoe myself and trust myself...and you know what? NEXT TIME I will listen to my heart and my gut and my women's intuition! I am going to learn form this mistake! Power to the Ruchie in me!

Seriously, I feel better. Its ok to make a mistake right?

Now, if you guys can just help me with hubby.....

Love,

Ruhice

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh Gee, Ruchie new
      #115794 - 10/25/04 05:14 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Ruchie,

It's hard to know what to tell you to do about this. I think first of all I would find out what kind of nasal spray he was using and what kind of shot he is giving you. Find out what's in the probiotics because they can be bought at any health food store. Then do some research on the net or wherever. Maybe these things can help you so I hate to tell you not to go with it.

Ruchie, I know there is no such thing as a "cure" but maybe there is some help and some hope. I certainly hope so cause you deserve some relief.

Hugs,
Barbie

--------------------

#115820 - 10/25/04 06:28 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

good luck.. I'd go back to the one who seemed trustworthy and mention what this guy said and see what they say in response.. and good luck

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: My Goodness Ruchie new
      #115821 - 10/25/04 06:31 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

you DO have a lot of names...I was confused trying to follow
that paragraph. I still like Ruchie the best too! That's a keeper.

Well I started seeing a Reflexologist in April because someone else said that it helped her IBS get better. I was leary but I figured hey what the heck if masaging my feet makes it go away what the heck I'll get a little feet rub and see what happens. I went for a couple months with an open mind and also told myself even if psychologically it made my IBS go away it was worth it. Of course, I only paid $15/week for it but add it all up and in the end it was rather expensive. I told my hubby too, I don't care how much it costs, I'm getting it done if it makes my IBS even a little better. Long story short, I stopped going. I can't say if it helped or didn't but I did enjoy laying on a giant heating pad for 20 minutes and listening to soothing music and chatting with the girl who did it.

My opinion is to just stick with it for as long as your gut says. You will never know if he's a quack or if it works if you don't give it a try. Sometimes for your health, money shouldn't be an object. I agree though when you are sick you will try ANYTHING.

Give it a couple tries and if you don't notice a difference then stop. I am confused about one thing though, how does acidophilus help with Fibro? Isn't Fibro like muscle pains and stuff? Don't get me wrong, acidophilus is excellent for IBS and just in general but that through me off when he prescribed the Acidophilus. Maybe I'm not informed enough about Fibro so forgive me!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#115841 - 10/25/04 07:54 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

that stinks Ruchie!
Even though this guy may not be able to 'cure' you, maybe he will help alot?
I have found, too, that you can't even find a good doctor throgh recommendations anymore! Any recommendations that I have recieved for 'great' doctors, I would find out must have been recommended due to being prescription pushers.
Argh. Hope everything works out well, and that you are feeling better! Do try to keep your spirits up.

--------------------
-Sheri

#115843 - 10/25/04 08:17 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh bugger....he cost 150 dollars??? that is so expensive. who recommended him to you? were they miraculously helped by him? As i said earlier I saw an incredible naturopath in israel four years ago who helped me so much it felt like a miracle....
what was his plan for helping you? herbs? foods?
so sorry to hear how disappointing it was....what was his theory on the cause of all this illness?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#115845 - 10/25/04 08:20 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

thats bloody expensive....mmmmm...whats in those shots?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#115858 - 10/25/04 10:46 PM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Wish I could fly my naturopath over to you. She has been a life saver - but never once said she could cure me. Only that she could help to make things better.

Not sure about the shots. Is the naturopath going to give them to you?? In Aus I dont think naturopaths are allowedto give shots.

You did the right thing by going. We all have to try different things to make things better for ourselves.

Grrr! new
      #115864 - 10/26/04 02:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I HATE these damn quacks. I just read an email Tenderpoints (!) sent me extolling this guy who said he can cure Fibro...all you have to do is pay over a hundred dollars for his "kit"!

Stick with your instincts and go to the other guy! And beware of them shooting you full of stuff. We're so sensitive to everything I bet they could make you worse!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2019 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review