All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ibs and sex
      #115106 - 10/22/04 08:38 PM
indyfarmgirl68

Reged: 10/22/04
Loc: Indiana

ok i have been reading and reading and reading..... i still have one unanswered question..... can or does ibs affect any else's sex life? i hope this question isn't wrong to ask. it has seriously affected mine. sorry if i offended anyone.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ibs and sex new
      #115107 - 10/22/04 09:15 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

first things first....the whole point of this forum is so you can enjoy talking openly and freely about the real story with ibs...not the one with flowers that we have to give at dinner parties i.e the difference between telling your parents in law that you have a 'sensitive tummy'...when what you really want to say is 'if i eat your cabbage and broccoli dish covered in cream, not only will i get cramps so bad i want to kill myself, brown water will explode from my bum with undigested particles OR i won't be able to poo for weeks and when it comes out i will feel like i am a rabbit doing rabbit plops...i may be lucky enough to be so nauseaous i have to live with my head between my knees!'. Ok, so sorry if I went on...but BE comfortable!!
I wrote a post about ibs and sex a few weeks ago. I got married four months ago and my ibs has been terrible lately because I caught a tummy bug two weeks before my wedding and it ruined me! anyway, i was feeling so bad and I just had NO interest in sex whatsoever. None. and it just wasn't me. Its normal. When that area of your body is so close to the hole that causes so much trauma, you aren't feeling too open to being sexual. Plus, feeling bloated, nauseaous, whatever.....makes you feel very unsexy in everyway. and physically, sex can actually be painful when the bowels are bad.
But we all have good moments...those are the moments to jump on your partner and make the most of it.
My problem was, that even in the good moments I had no sex drive (I have always had a good one)...and I was also getting a lot of vaginal infections...I went off the pill 3 weeks ago (been on it for five years) and my sex drive has soared. So it was very hormonally related.
So thats me....is your partner understanding?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I remember sex...long, long ago in a planet far, far away... new
      #115117 - 10/22/04 10:41 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

I'd be offended if I actually had a sex life!

Depression is a cruel mistress...

Bob the Monk.

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Do a search... new
      #115134 - 10/23/04 02:50 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...wih no time limits. There have been LOADS of posts on this in the past.

#115138 - 10/23/04 03:21 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I miss sex. I still have it, but my body isn't ready for it nearly as often as my brain would like it to be. IBS - and ANY health condition, chronic or not - is going to affect your sex life. It's only natural to not want to do it when you're feeling like crap, or completely unsexy from being sick all the time, right?

I hope your partner is understanding and supportive. In a twisted sort of way, I "lucked out" - my boyfriend has some health issues of his own, so he's *beyond* understanding during dry spells.

By the way, don't worry about offending us... you'll find out pretty quickly, especially over on the diet board, we talk about everything and anything and spare very few squicky details. That's the beauty of this place. It's a safe place where we can be totally open about things we "can't" talk about in normal everyday life.

#115181 - 10/23/04 08:39 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Well Put Casey and IBS isn't the issue in our relationship as much as Bill's health issues.. he has very severe asthma.. and there are periods when its dangerous for us to have sex when that isn't under control- like season changes, etc.. and only rarely has my IBS caused makjor problems at other times and even then he's normally more then understanding..

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#115185 - 10/23/04 08:45 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I agree with what every one else said. You can ask ANYTHING here!!
IBS did effect my sex life at first but now that I have a pretty good handel on it things have gotten much better!! It will get better!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#115268 - 10/23/04 06:10 PM
Lil' Bell

Reged: 09/14/04
Loc: South Dakota, USA

I had to respond to this post- first off Dalia- Can I just copy that first paragraph and send it to my family ALL my family(inlaws too)?

And yes it must affect your intimate life- at least I sure hope that is what is doing it. I am surprised that I haven't come home to a note telling me he's out on the prowl, since he gets none of that here!

All I can say is....at some point things have got to get better.

LOL new
      #115284 - 10/23/04 09:03 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Of course you can copy it....send it to everyone!!! that will shut them up.
often when people have speculated about me being anorexic (I have a petite frame anyway) I have wished to throw that at them. You know what? Why don't I? People can be so rude. I hereby promise that if people are rude about me again I will whip that one out....their faces will be a picture!!!
Love, Dalia XXXX
P.S. Your sex life WILL get better...the only way is up eh? hhahahahaha

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: LOL new
      #115287 - 10/23/04 09:07 PM
UrbanRain

Reged: 10/15/04
Loc: Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley), Calif.

Every night I pray that things will take an upward swing...

Uh, did I just say that?

DevilDog Bob.

--------------------
Life is transitory, love is not!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1253 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review