All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BigCityMedic
      #115097 - 10/22/04 08:00 PM
ribbit

Reged: 08/26/04
Loc: Longview, TX

Hey, where ya at? How are you doing? How is the hypnosis going? Hope to hear from you soon.

J9

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ribbit new
      #115152 - 10/23/04 07:09 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ribbit,

I just noticed you are from Longview, Texas. I lived there for about 4 years and loved it. In fact, that's where my husband and I bought our first home and our two boys were born there---at Good Shepherd Medical Center. We lived in the Spring Hill area, and we still have very good friends there. What a nice place to live!!!

Re: Ribbit new
      #115274 - 10/23/04 07:50 PM
ribbit

Cool, my daughter was born at Longview Regional. She is almost 8months, my son is turning 4 Nov. 2, and I have a six year old stepson. How old are your boys?
I love this area. I actually grew up in Hallsville, moved away for a few years, and then came back. You just can't beat it here. Where do y'all live now?
J9

#115349 - 10/24/04 09:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My boys are almost 18 and 19. One just started college, and the other is a senior in high school. And I just realized we lived in Longview 6 years, not 4 (from 1981 to 1987).

We've moved a lot (different areas of Louisiana), but now we live in Charlotte, N.C. I like it here (especially fall), but it seems so cold to us after living in hot, humid South Louisiana and Texas for so many years. Last year we got 13 inches of snow in 24 hours! I had to ask the clerk at Home Depot to show me what a snow shovel looks like.

I'm wearing my flannel pj's already--- and I'm dreading the winter. Not having leaves on the trees for 6 months of the year is depressing. I could never live up north. This is NORTH to us! It cracks me up, all these Northeasterners here that think this is the Deep South. They oughta visit New Orleans sometime!

#115418 - 10/24/04 03:35 PM
ribbit

Oh, wow!! Your boys are grown! We (meaning my parents and siblings) moved to Texas from Northglenn, CO in 1987. I am so spoiled by warm weather that when I lived in the Panhandle of TX for about a year I thought I was "up north" I understand what you mean, send the Northerners down to my "neck of the woods" and they will really know the deep south (LOL)
That is one thing you can't beat about ETexas, we have lots of evergreens so even in the winter it isn't too bleak. And I haven't seen more than a couple of inches of snow in several years...Hope we get a bit this winter. Of course i have forgotten what a snow shovel is
Take care
J9

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1053 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review