All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
17 years off of the pill and no pregnancy yet
      #114567 - 10/21/04 06:38 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Ladies,

I have been off the pill since 1988 and though I have gotten pregnant, have been unable to carry a child to term. I am telling you this not to get your sympathy as we have two children that God blessed us with through adoption and I couldn't be happier. My daughter is a true joy...she is now 11 years old; and my ten year old son is a work in progress but I am believing that one day he will be obedient!

For those of you going through fertility problems, I feel for you because I have been there for 17 years! Take heart and trust that God will bless you one way or the other in His timing. It's so hard to wait when you want something so bad.

My prayer for you is that He will give you peace during your wait to become pregnant and I pray it won't take a long time!
Hugs, Rachel

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 17 years off of the pill and no pregnancy yet new
      #114576 - 10/21/04 07:31 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Thank you so much Rachel!! I also am blessed with a daughter so this is a seconded child we are trying to have. I also have a adopted brother and sister. They are three and four years old. They are from china! By the way I am 28.
Yes my mother is crazy!!!LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

#114579 - 10/21/04 07:36 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

heather- you mom isn't crazy- generous, loving and wonderful to take in those children who need her help! and obviously young at heart if she feels she cna keep up with children that young still!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Rachel- new
      #114581 - 10/21/04 07:37 AM
khyricat

You are so right.. as another woman who can get pregnant but not carry to term due to medical issues.. my adopted daughter is a blessing, but she is now 22(in 2.5 weeks) so we are feeling the empty nest and being young- she was a lot older then we anticipated winding up with when we got her, I am considering adoption again but Bill has put some limitations on me due to age... and I think all adoptive parents are wonderful extra special people!

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#114582 - 10/21/04 07:40 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I know, I know!!! I was just kidding!!! She has a huge heart!! I just have to pick on her sometimes.LOL
She is 50 next month!! I just don't think I could do it!!!
When she said was going back to china to get Teddy I said
"Mom I love and will support you know matter what because you always did that for me, but i think your nuts" She said "I know honey but being sane is so boring" So it's ok!!
I hope you get to adopte soon. That would be wonderfull!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

we gotta get moved first.. then we can think about it... new
      #114650 - 10/21/04 12:30 PM
khyricat

life is in enough upheaval now.. and besides- we'd have to totally re-arrange furnishings in this house to pass a home study.. so we figure better off waiting until we're in the new house and then having one.. hopefully that won't be too much longer.. meanwhile I keep an eye on the states list of adoptable kids... and there are a few that I hope aren't still there for their sakes but on the other hand, if they are I'll be proposing to Bill and hte caseworker...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

If I could afford to go toChina (& hubby would agree), I'd come home with 3 or 4! new
      #114711 - 10/21/04 03:32 PM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1625

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review