All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I HATE IBS!
      #114427 - 10/20/04 04:32 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Not that this should be surprising to any of you, but I really just have to say I HATE IBS. I've gone to the bathroom 10 times in the last 2 hours (&#%$%^@ D). I'm IBS A, but usually lean toward C, so why did my IBS have to pick the day when I have an organic chemistry exam at 8pm to start messing around. I know some of it is definately from stress, but come on! I'm having one of those days where I wish I could just curl up in a hole and die.

Thanks for letting me complain. I don't know what I'd do without you guys since my friends sure don't want to hear about this.

Meg

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I HATE IBS! new
      #114430 - 10/20/04 04:35 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

look on the bright side Meg, at least your computer is back working. Any luck with the website rebuild?

Think positive and remember we are here for you to vent at!

--------------------
S.

#114448 - 10/20/04 05:06 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Meg
<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>
Yep I hate it to!! I am sorry you feel like this on a night you have class!! Try to get some rest and relax tonight!! Eat safe and Vent whenever you need to!!!
Good Luck

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: I IBS! new
      #114450 - 10/20/04 05:07 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

How about cutting out a big paper circle and writing the word IBS on it and taping it up on the wall of your shower and throwing things at it while you are having diarrhea!!!

Man it does suck. It's one of those diseases that when you have it you look perfectly healthy so it's so hard for others to understand.

Stock up on the white bread, make sure you take your soluble fiber, and hang in there.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#114477 - 10/20/04 06:09 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Complain as much as you want. We all have bad days where nothing seems to go right.

Here's hoping tomorrow, or this weekend is WAY better.

#114493 - 10/20/04 07:14 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

poor you...and with organic chemsitry too....bloody ibs!! eat loads of white bread and it should clog you up...hope the exam goes ok. feel better.

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Bad Exam new
      #114611 - 10/21/04 10:00 AM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Ok, I got a 28 on the exam. I don't know what the class average is yet, but OUCH! I'm probably going to have to drop the course and take it again either next semester or over the summer. I don't want to, but I need to do well in this class inorder to get into vet school. I'm really not surprised with my grade considering that I've been so sick, I keep blacking out since I'm not able to keep any nutrients in my body (i either puke up what ever I eat, or it goes right through me before I get a chance to digest anything of value), but I'm still dissapointed.

How do you guys manage to get through school with IBS. I'm struggling to make it to class most days of the week. I don't want to have to change my career goals because of this damn condition, but I don't know how I'm going to get through two and a half more years of college and four years of vet school living like this. I've been on Heather's diet since the begining of August, and was doing ok until I went back to school. Now each week is worse than the one before. I'm so frustrated and angry and my tummy hurts so @#%@$&^ bad and my doctors are completely useless.

Meg

Re: Bad Exam new
      #114632 - 10/21/04 11:09 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Take a deep breath, Meg. First, get stable again, eat the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" stuff, make sure you get plenty of sleep (which is my big thing), and maybe get a yoga book and start doing some yoga to help destress. Take it a day at a time. I know how you feel, I'm finally stable-ish, but I have to be so careful or I'll end up sick and not able to go to class/work (I'm on co-op right now, but it's my last term of no classes until I graduate).

*HUGS* Hang in there!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3509 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review