All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Calling anyone on Bentyl.....Taking Poll
      #113896 - 10/18/04 04:56 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I've just started taking Bentyl again after it stopped working for me many, many years ago. It's working for me again and I'm SO excited. Of all of you on it, how long have you all been taking it and for all of you who had once been on it, did it stop working?
A woman I worked with was on it for years and eventually started having some heart troubles and the doctors at Jefferson (a very good hospital in Pennsylvania)attributed her heart troubles to Bentyl. I'm such a worry wort taking any meds and I'm just wondering if anyone ever got any major side effects like that from taking it. I hope not cause like I said I'm doing SO well on it and really don't want to stop it.
Thanks guys

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Never took it, sorry! -nt- new
      #113907 - 10/18/04 05:30 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Re: Calling anyone on Bentyl.....Taking Poll new
      #113930 - 10/18/04 07:21 PM

Unregistered

I've been taking Bentyl for a year now I really haven't had any side effects except for the initial "getting used to it" period. I don't take it the 4 times a day like it was prescribed to me cause I've been doing so well that I only take it if I think I'm going to eat something questionable or I'm just not feeling good. I'm worried that after taking it too much I'd get too used to it and it would stop working. My pills are 20mg doses by the way. And I was unaware that any heart related issues could stem from this pill. That's good to know. Well I'm glad to know that it's working for you!

#113934 - 10/18/04 07:39 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Bentyl stopped working for me after just a couple of months. I have found librax, taken as needed, seems to help more. It is supposed to make ya drowzy, but I haven't noticed a change while tkaing it

--------------------
-Sheri

#113991 - 10/19/04 06:58 AM
CMBickel

Reged: 04/25/03
Loc: Sandy, UT

Bentyl did absolutely NOTHING for me (IBS-D.) Am following Heathers advice on many things & take the peppermint capsules when needed; drink peppermint tea in the a.m. instead of coffee (after 50 yrs. of drinking coffee!) Times change and boy, did I ever have to change my habits!!!!

Bentyl new
      #114204 - 10/19/04 05:54 PM
puddytat55

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: New Jersey-dont laugh!

Bentyl worked for me for 3 years,,,but it would take 2 hours for it to kick in,,,,,then it just stopped working one day last fall. No other anti-spasmotics worked for me & i've tried them all! It's good to know that I might be able to take them again some day! I did not have any side effects or issues, but maybe 3 years isnt long enough to develope such things. Hope it lasts for you! LZ

--------------------
Puddytat55-I tawt I taw a puddytat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2021 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 546

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review