All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
I'm feeling lost... new
      #114933 - 10/22/04 11:04 AM
oliver1014

Reged: 06/12/04

I am almost eight weeks pregnant but I think that I am in the process of losing the baby. I don't know how to handle it really. We had an app't Wednesday and the dr. said that it felt like I was still pregnant but with all the bleeding and clotting she couldn't say anything else. I have another app't Thursday but I hate the waiting. I went from feeling pregnant two weeks ago to now feeling nothing. I don't know how we will tell our daughter - she so excited about being a big sister. I have waited five years for another baby and this is just heart-breaking. I am also afriad that with the stress of all this, my IBS symptoms will come roaring back. So to go on and on but I just needed to vent. We haven't told anyone else until we know for sure what's going on so there is no one here to talk to. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm feeling lost... new
      #114948 - 10/22/04 12:05 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. I responded to another one of your posts in this thread. Is your dr at least checking your hcg and progesterone levels??? They can do the blood test and tell if the levels are going up or down. That would at least tell you for sure whats happening.

I know this is a very difficult time and nothing I can will make you feel better. I have had 2 miscarriages this summer. Check out www.ivilliage.com they have a pregnancy loss message board that you may find helpful. Just know, you didn't do anything to cause this, it is not your fault. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

clomid new
      #114956 - 10/22/04 12:39 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I obviously don't know much about any of this, as I've never tried to get PG, but my brother and SIL had a hard time conceiving. She went on clomid and HATED it. She gained a lot of weight, it made her very sick, gave her weird things like butt acne, and it was all-around awful. She did get pregnant, but had an M/C at 4 months (nobody thinks that was due to the clomid though). She had the M/C in November, and was not trying to get PG again for a while, was not taking clomid. She went to her doc the following Feb for a checkup to make sure everything healed correctly after the D&C from the M/C, and found out she was PG! Like a lot of people have said on here, it is sometimes much easier to get PG after an MC. She's due 11/8 but the doc thinks she might go early, so we are all prepared for the new arrival at any minute.
Anyway I'm sure you and your doc will discuss all the pros and cons of clomid and make the best decision for you. Just wanted to share.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Michele new
      #114976 - 10/22/04 01:35 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele,

That's exciting news! And it sounds like a good choice for you. I took it one month and then my doctor switched me to something else (which did result in a pregnancy) but that's another story!
I wish you success with this. And maybe you will have twins!!!!!

I'm a 10! new
      #114977 - 10/22/04 01:38 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I'm a 10!! My hcg level, that is. Down from 27 a week ago.

Hopefully I'll get my period soon now. I have to go back in one week for them to draw more blood.

--------------------
~jules

Re: I'm a 10! new
      #115007 - 10/22/04 03:06 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

That's great news Jules!!! NOW you can get your period soon! And start TTC again!!!

--------------------

Re: Michele new
      #115082 - 10/22/04 07:05 PM
oliver1014

My doctor really only checked my uterus size and then kinda ushered me out. I am guessing she was too busy. It felt like such a waste of time going to see her. I thought she would have sent me for blood tests or an ultrasound. I went to the hospital last Friday night and the dr there basically set us up for a miscarriage and booked us for an ultrasound first thing Saturday morn. The ultrasound showed nothing was wrong. I also had blood work done last Friday and the Tuesday before then and they weren't concerned about anything. I am just feeling so frustrated - I thought we would have known something when I went on Wednesday. How did you deal with it? Thanks for the support.

Re: Michele new
      #115095 - 10/22/04 07:58 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Sorry for the random question, but where did you get the "1014" in your screenname? Both of my brothers were born on that day (two years apart) along with 2 great aunts. Just random family trivia. I have an uncle and a cousin on 10/15, another cousin on 10/10, and two cousins with anniversaries on 10/10 and 10/7. This time of year I always say I should buy stock in Hallmark!
Just curious,
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: I'm a 10! new
      #115264 - 10/23/04 05:56 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Thats great news!!! I hope it all keeps getting better!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Panda new
      #115363 - 10/24/04 10:11 AM
oliver1014

Actually the 1014 is the anniversary date of when my husband and I started dating eight years ago! Busy month for you!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2341 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 58712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review