All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Actually, I have 2 girls! new
      #114041 - 10/19/04 09:51 AM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

First pregnancy despite 9 months of puking was fairly normal although I was seriously anemic after delivery. I think the doctor didn't tell me everything because I lost a LOT of blood during delivery and know the placenta was very close to the cervix. They said it moved but who knows. The second was complete previa which resulted in MASSIVE hemhorraging at 34 weeks. I am thankful that I have 2 beautiful girls though.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow your very lucky.... new
      #114051 - 10/19/04 10:33 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

to be alive. I'm happy you have two girls! I feel bad for those who don't get the chance to have children. My neighbor couldn't have children....she tried for a long time and then adopted. She has two adopted girls and then she WAS able to consieve....she now has another daughter and a son. So she has 4 kids now!

I do believe things happpen for a reason and some people are ment to adopt!

--------------------

Best wishes ladies new
      #114058 - 10/19/04 10:53 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Yesterday I was crying most of the day as I looked back over the last year. Last Oct. we thought we would never have another baby. It was heartbreaking at the time. It was hard to get my period and have all these uncontrollable emotions and frustrations. It's amazing how different it is when you finally do get pregnant. Then you tend to worry if you can carry the baby to term. This has been my most stressful pregnancy with twice facing the possibility of a miscarriage. But here I am awaiting the arrival of our 3rd daughter. Remember time flies and sometimes I'm sad that she will be here because I just know she is getting bigger and bigger and she won't be little forever. It's hard to watch our girls grow. These thoughts make it a little bitter sweet that this one will most likely be our last.

I also wanted to tell you to enjoy trying. At times I'm glad it took us 7 months because we haven't been able to for 20 weeks and then you know it takes a while after having a baby (not looking forward to that )

Last year there were 3 of us trying on the board, that I know of. Lana had her baby in May, I'm due TODAY! and Kerrie is due in April. It was nice to share parts of our pregnancies together.

I'm looking forward to announcement and hearing about your healthy pregnancies and babies.

Jules and Michele,
It took my sister 3 months for her cycle to return to normal and then she got pregnant. They weren't trying either time but I just wanted to let you know in case you get frustrated. Our dr. actually told my sister to wait 3 months before trying again.

Re: adoptive moms are a blessing! new
      #114071 - 10/19/04 11:30 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

Ashley was 2 weeks old when we adopted her and our son Christian was 3 years old. I am so thankful that I got to experience Ashley as an infant...I never thought that she would be my only "baby". Ashley was the best baby...the only time she cried was when she was hungry or had a boo-boo.

I would love to adopt another baby girl but hubby isn't cooperating...pooh on him!

Torbetta!!! new
      #114177 - 10/19/04 04:28 PM
StephS

Wow I can't believe its your due date!!! Any day now! Are you having any pains? I was 4 days late with my first and then on my due date with my second!

Good luck and please let us know when you have the baby!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

--------------------

Re: No baby this month AGAIN new
      #114473 - 10/20/04 05:59 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well just got my P!! I hope everyone else has better luck!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#114483 - 10/20/04 06:36 PM
StephS

Sorry Heather! I know how much you want this. Did your Doc ever call you?? I have thyroid issues and from what I know about thyroid and pregnancy is if you thyroid isn't working then it can make it really hard to get PG. I developed thyroid after my last pregnancy so I'm hoping I wont have issues because of my thyroid.

I know you were having yours tested. My hair is also falling out. I do think its still because of my thyroid. Good luck, I hope your Doc. called you back. Maybe it is your thyroid and you can get on some pills to regulate it....then you'll get PG!!! I hope you get some answers soon!

Take care!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Steph!! new
      #114484 - 10/20/04 06:41 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Nope she never called!! I gusse I will just have to go there tommrow and waste time I can't afford to waste right now I have family coming this weekend ( first thing friday morning) And I have a ton of things I have to get done tommrow!!!

I am just feeling very frustraed right now. It has been a flippin year and I want someone to do something!!! I want a fertily doc or fertiliy drugs or someone to at least tell me what the heck is wrong!! Sorry to blow off steam on you. I am just realy mad and upset and dissapointed right now!!
PMS is not helping!! I just hope my tummy holds out!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: adoptive moms are a blessing! new
      #114488 - 10/20/04 06:53 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

DH made me promise no babies if we do the adoption thing.. he watched his sis and bro in law have babies (IVF) at our ages and older and he thinks they're crazy and his brother in law is having trouble keeping up witht he 5 year old.. and the baby is only 1... so I can't blame him..the odder thing is his brother (oldest) is a grampa and he and Cathy keep their granddaughter sometimes wile her parents are working and they seem more capable of keeping up, of course they get sleep at night most of the time!

I think we've decided on a 3-8 year old this time... probably 3-5, but might go up to 8 depending on the childs profile and circumstances... I like the idea of taking a child who wouldn't otherwise get a home.. Like Cassi was at 13. And because of that experience and also my sis in law being a child and developmental psych prof, and my cousin who I am close to being a child psych worker in NYC, I have the resources to use if I need help too!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#114491 - 10/20/04 07:07 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey heather
I've been following your posts and just wanted to say sorry that you got your period and i wish you better luck for next month! I'm not trying to get preggers or anything...just wanted to say I'm thinking of you
XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2668 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 58704

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review