All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some support!
      #112201 - 10/11/04 09:16 PM
Carol D.

Reged: 03/26/04

Hi all,

I'm going through a very bad flare-up right now. D, nausea, can't eat much of anything, and I'm on 2 different meds (and under a lot of stress).

I had a colonoscopy in May. Any advice on how to geth through these bouts, diet, etc? How long can these flare-ups last? Anyone w/ulcerative colitis also?

Thanks,
Carol

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some support! new
      #112213 - 10/11/04 10:04 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Carol~

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad! Attacks are awful Are you on the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet? Just to help you get stabalized. You can also take immodium and SFS. I don't know about the nausea though.

When I have an attack, I get very tired and I just want to lay down and sleep. Sometimes I do, but I find that other times, moving around (if I can) or doing something artistic can help me take my mind off things and lower the stress level. If you are at work with the attack, you can try breathing exercises or reading a bit out of a funny book to relieve stress.

Attacks can vary from person to person, and the best thing you can do is just take some time for yourself to get better. Some others may be able to give you some better suggestions.

I really hope that you feel better soon, Carol. Pamper yourself when you get the chance - you deserve it!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#112222 - 10/12/04 12:17 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Do the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" diet. Make sure you get your SFS and lots of water. If you're having bad D, get some rehydration powders from the pharmacy. Take Immodium. Get something like crystallized ginger and munch on it all day long.

Get better soon! Bad patches suck. {{{HUGS}}}

#112238 - 10/12/04 05:25 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am sorry to hear to your having such a rough time right now!!<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't have UC but I understand Flare ups!! Just go back to the what to eat when you can't anything diet,rest,and try to relax!!! I know that is easier said than done!!!!
I hope you feel better soon!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1433 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 518

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review