The diagnosis is....(drum roll please)
      #112062 - 10/11/04 01:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Fibro.

Hypermobility.

double jiontedness (slightly).

I will wtite more latwr...but for now just wanted to update you guys.

This is both good and bad news right now...so I am going to go have myself a good cry and then go out with hubby tonight to buy books on fibro so I can begin getting better and maybe buy some flowers or somehting :-) This is NOT easy to deal with...and it seems I don't have a mild case.

Anyhow, be back soon...

With love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The diagnosis is....(drum roll please) new
      #112071 - 10/11/04 01:51 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Oh Ruchie, I am so sorry to hear that!

You take all the time you need to let this diagnosis sink in. Take care of yourself and go ahead and treat yourself to something that will cheer you up like the flowers. You deserve it! I will continue to pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. You will feel better eventually, I know you will. Hang in there sweetie!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Thanks Christie.... *HUGS* new
      #112074 - 10/11/04 01:56 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am SO wiped out and in so much pain. The doc looking for tender piints ain't fun!

I am so tired and worried and stuff I keep crying. I would total nap if it didn't mean being up all night!

Christie how do you cope?! What books have you read that you recommend? How's your hubby handling everything? You kids?

My hubbys is SO UPSET!

I hope I feel better soon...now i'm a big ole mess@!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#112093 - 10/11/04 02:52 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

I've read that hypermobility and double jointedness can be related to fibro. FASCINATING!

I'm emailing ya, love.... won't reply here, too.

--------------------

Thinking of you, Ruchie ----nt--- new
      #112098 - 10/11/04 03:25 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#112104 - 10/11/04 03:41 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Awww you poor thing......I don't know much about fibro but it's sounds like not a good thing to have. You are a strong person Ruchie and you'll get through this. My thoughts and prayers are with ya.....big hugs!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#112143 - 10/11/04 05:56 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

lots of hugs and good thoughts- you can make it! I know I grew up with medically adverse people all around- mom, my cousin has severe Juvenile RA and is anaphalactically allergic to milk products (she's now pregnant at 27 and a lawyer) and several other handicapped or physically ill family members and friends...

But you will make it... its easier once you have that diagnosis and can do things about it a bit too... and KNOW what is causing things...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#112169 - 10/11/04 06:35 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Awwwww, Ruchie, sweetie! Thank goodness you have a diagnosis and now can get started on healing! There's lots of good books on fibro, but right now the one I like best is the one from the Arthritis Foundation. It explains everything really well and lays out treatment protocols with different prescription drugs very clearly. I refer to it all the time. It's called

Fibromyalgia: An Essential Guide for Patients and Their Families by Daniel J. Wallace, Janice Brock Wallace

It's at Barnes and Noble and Amazon and most big bookstores.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Sending you big hugs, Ruchie. :( -nt- new
      #112286 - 10/12/04 08:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Thanks Christie.... *HUGS* new
      #112322 - 10/12/04 10:49 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I haven't read any books yet. We are low on funds right now, so I do much of my research on the internet. Type Fibro in Google and it will bring up a bunch of sites you can check out.

I cope b/c I don't have a choice. I also do not have as bad of a case as you do. I have mild discomfort pain that migrates around, so not everything hurts at once just in sections. It is not unbearable like your pain, if gets more than mild discomfort I take a Naproxen or Extra Strength Tylenol. The worst thing for me is the migraine headaches I get them usually 2x a week and the feeling tired all the time.

My husband is dealing with it like a champ. I think he gets tired of hearing me whine but he never says so. My MIL is very supportive too. But my Mom insists there is nothing wrong with me. She says that once I was diagnosed I took the ball and ran with it. I asked what she meant she said that she thinks I made myself worse after I found out diagnosis. I am more aware of symptoms now. But I do not think I made myself worse. But the more sleep I lose the worse I feel. And the unrestful sleep started about 5 months ago when hubby and I were having marital problems. So my body has not caught up on all that lost sleep. I sleep better now with meds but still not refreshing sleep all night. So not everyone will be supportive and helpful but you can't let that bother you. You need to focus on getting better.

{{{{{{{{Gentle Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2648 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1748

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review