All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
NEED ADVIC E
      #111969 - 10/11/04 06:38 AM
Noixdecoco

Reged: 10/11/04

I have been living with IBS C for one year. I suffer from mostly stomach pain rather than lower ab pain. Does anyone else suffer upper ab/stomach pain?? I really find it hard to wear a bra most of the time. Bloody bras - who invented those things anyway?? I also suffer from nausea from time to time. I live in Mauritius so it is hard to buy supplements of any kind. I am taking Aloe Vera (does anyone find this effective?) and Normocol Plus. Can I take Normacol plus?? There have been many dark hours during the past year and I am wondering if I should be on an anti-depressant of some kind?? Any thoughts on that one? However, I am about to start trying for my first baby so I guess I can't be popping pills willy nilly. Does anyone have stories about IBS pregnancies?? I would appreciate any advice at all. PLEASE!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: NEED ADVIC E new
      #111981 - 10/11/04 08:34 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Hello and welcome!!! I know that thier is one of us that is pregnant right now!! The are at least four of us trying to get pregnant right now. Me included. I having been trying for about a year. I take an antidepressant. It is called Zoloft. I know two of the other girls are also taking this. It is safe while pregnant!!! You can do a search on antidepressants with no time limit and you will find lots of info. There are alot of us on the boards taking them.

I also have upper tummy pain. Mostly on the upper left or right side. I have found that Gas X has helped me greatly with that pain. It may be trapped gas!! I would also do a search on the aloe!! Make sure you cheeck out the IBS DIET board. That is where most us of talk about our health related issues.

I hope you start feeling better soon.
Good Luck & Welcome!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#112021 - 10/11/04 10:36 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm one of the girls also trying to get pregnant and suffer from IBS C. I do also take Zoloft for depression and anxiety. I also take Miralax, which is a prescription laxative and its safe to take during pregnancy. Most of the SFS are also safe for pregnancy. I take Heathers Acacia.

As for the bra issue, I hear ya sister!!! When my IBs is acting up, I detest bra's! The pressure is enough to kill me! I found bra extenders, they are little inserts that you hook into the closure of your bra to make them fit bigger around. A godsend on bad days for me! I found them at K-Mart, of all places!

I have heard of a lot of womens IBS improving with pregnancy. I do not have any childern yet but have been pregnant twice. Both times I miscarried. While I was pregnant, I'm sorry to say, the constipation become worse. When we are pregnant, the body slows down the digestive process to absorb all the possible nutrients from our foods and thus can cause C in "regular" people! As I said, I take Miralax and just increased my dose as needed.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Note about Aloe new
      #112094 - 10/11/04 02:53 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Heather had an article in a past newsletter that talked about the dangers of ingesting aloe. You can find the information here. The info is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

Personally, I would not take it after reading this info.

Good luck to you~

--------------------
~*Amber*~

#113987 - 10/19/04 06:26 AM
Noixdecoco

Reged: 10/11/04

Was wondering how being on Zoloft has changed things for you? I am seriously considering taking someting like this but am worried about the side effects. Are there any? Do they really have a positive impact on your IBSC. Have they really helped that much? Julie

#114008 - 10/19/04 08:11 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Check out the recent thread in the top section of this board. There was an entire thread to how ad's have or haven't helped us! Maybe one of our more computer savey girls can post a direct link for you! Most of the side effects go away after a week or two. About the only possible long term side effect is lack of sex drive. This doesn't happen to everyone and certian AD's effect certain people differently. I can't say for sure it has directly helped my C but it does help control pain and keeps me generally feeling better.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2568 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1236

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review