All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: OMG What should I do now!!! new
      #111211 - 10/07/04 03:34 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I have been thinking, if they have the neck to ask you then they are obviously not embarrassed so you should not be embarrassed either.. if only things worked like that though.

Goodnight,

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#111213 - 10/07/04 03:40 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Normaly things like that wouldn't bother me as long as I am NOT the ONE being asked. To each his own, but not my own THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#111217 - 10/07/04 03:56 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ya, some people can't take hints.

#111218 - 10/07/04 03:58 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I'd be really uncomfortable, especially around the husband who can't take no for an answer...

I have been there.. a very old and dear friend- who introduced me to Bill, and was in our wedding... was breifly (2 years) married to a man who kept trying to get her to do stuff like that and tried to get us to join them at one point.. thankfully he did some other wacky stuff and she caught on and got out fo the marriage (hello- water on her his guitar was not a reason to pull a gun on her 12 year old!)

Anyway- she's struggling as a single mom again and learned her lesson- she's had 3 bad marriages and swears she won't get involved with another man.. and if she does ever remarry it will be after a very long relationship leading up to it.. she jokes- longer engagement then Bill and I (we had a 5 year engagement for a variety of reasons).

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

AHHH! new
      #111268 - 10/07/04 08:26 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

that is so crazy heather! I missed this earlier... wow!
I would take it as a compliment, make sure they know that 'no' means 'no', and if they keep asking, I would avoid them. DO you think that DH made it obvious to them that it was a 'no'? Most guys I know are so nonconfrontational that they 'allude' to things and don't just come out and say 'no'. If they keep asking, maybe he is sending mixed signals, or they still think that there is a chance?
Unless you change your mind, but that is a whole OTHER story
You and your DH must be quite the hotties to get an offer like that!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: This is exactly what I would do! Caution, I stand up for what I believe in !! new
      #111276 - 10/07/04 09:49 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

OH Heather, I cannot imagine being propositioned by so called "friends". A second time no less too!

My H is a very strong minded man. He tells anybody and everybody exactly how he feels about things and he doesn't care if they like it or not. After 28 years together, some of it has rubbed off on me, though I do consider who and what I am saying before it comes out of my mouth. That said...

A question if you don't mind, and please don't take offense. Where is your h seeing this guy, to be in a position where this guy has a chance to repeatedly dog him about it? If it is at work, then I could see how it would be hard to get away from him. IF it were me, and remember, this is no advice, this is just what I would do if it were me. I would make sure my h understood that if the question is asked again, under no uncertain terms is this guy to walk away from the conversation not KNOWING where the two of you as husband and wife stand on it. IF that didn't work I would def call up his wife and tell her, NO WAY!!! And, I would also make sure she understood that the so called "friendship" is over. Done. Caput. BYE-BYE!!!

Just think, if they are asking you and your H, then who else in the circle of friends you have did they ask? And, by chance, how many of them said YES!! THat is extremely disgusting to me. YUCK.

I have a friend whose ex in-laws are into this nasty stuff. THey will do it with anybody and everybody. Swapping partners is NOT the only thing these people are into either.
Ever noticed a video camera sitting around when you visit their home? IT could be turned on.......ok, I will stop now. Just putting in my two cents.

I would be very upset if this happened to us. Maybe it will just go away?? Ya figure??

Re: One more thing..... new
      #111277 - 10/07/04 10:02 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

A few years back, I was having a lot of problems. Mostly mentally,had a break down, was taking medication (too much for sure). I started gaining weight at a rapid pace. I jumped from being a size 9 all the way up to a 22. It was horrible, embarassing, uncomfortable, there are no words to express how I felt about myself at that time.

We had gone out one night to a very public place (mostly families) I can't go into detail about the place, to protect others. Anyway, many many people were moving about. A man who had had differences with me and my husband over rules and regulations invovling children, at this place, walked over to my over 6"plus, COWBOY-MAN-HUSBAND. And asked him a question as to why I was so FAT? In a split second, he was on his feet and had this guy by the throat,?????, I know, I was shocked too!! OMGosh!!! It took 3 people to pull him off the guy. I did not happen to be in the area at the time, and thank goodness because it would have crushed me! A comment like that was the last thing I needed to endure at that time in my live. Everyone close to us never came to me and said one word about it. I consider that loving and kind. He told me about it several years later. I can't tell you how much my love for that man grew at that moment. HE said "Baby, I am not going to let anyone talk about you like that without taking him down". HEis not a violent person, but dang, don't be talkin about his woman!!!!!

My point being, I would hate to see how he would react if some "friend" asked him if he wanted to swap? OMGosh!!!!

Oh, being on HEathers diet for several years has brought my weight back down to a size 14. Yayyyyyyyy. I feel much better about myself now. I hope I can continue to loose more weight, my dr. gave me a hard time last week to get out and exercise. I told him I would.....ahem, I will as soon as it quits raining.

Re: AHHH! new
      #111309 - 10/08/04 05:59 AM
heather7476

That's just it we are just normal people!!! I am overweight to boot!!! husband and I talked last night and he said the first time he just laughed and say ya right no way!! The second time he said listen there is no way I am letting you touch Heather!!! ( i changed some words due to I can't post them on here ) He asked one more time my DH said it was more like the wanted to know why not!! My Dh told we not into that and told the guy if asked again they were going to have a big problem!!! So I hope this done now!!! I realy don't want to see these people again!!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: This is exactly what I would do! Caution, I stand up for what I believe in !! new
      #111310 - 10/08/04 06:04 AM
heather7476

Dh said he made it clear this last time that he asked again they were going to have a problem. I am asuming that he mean he is going to knock the guy out!! We had along talk about this last night!! We have agreeded to avoid them as much as possable!!! I am hoping this will all get pushed under a rug and things will go back to normal after awhile!! All though I will still the mental piture in my head for ever YIKES AND YUUUKKK!!!
Thanks

--------------------
Heather7476

Geez, Heather...... new
      #111311 - 10/08/04 06:10 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Heather,

I'm on my way to work so I have to make this short.

The same thing happend to me and hubby.....long time ago....when we were in our 20's. We were on a bowling team and this one couple was acting kinda funny towards us and the guy was always flirting with me....I didn't like it. Finally the guy asked hubby if he was interested in wife swapping that they did it all the time. OMG.....hubby said NO WAY and that was that. Needless to say it was uncomfortable being around them but as soon as the league was over we were outta there!

I'm a one-man gal, too. Stay away from them.

Have a great day
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1456

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review