All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Tee heee! new
      #110921 - 10/06/04 05:14 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Get a clip-on one. Answer the door with it. Pretend you're not wearing it.

Ooo-- better! Answer the door with PLIERS!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ROTFLMBO!!!!! This whole thread is cracking me up!! N/T new
      #110927 - 10/06/04 05:22 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Nelly, you are so funny! new
      #110928 - 10/06/04 05:24 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

How about some nice corn on the cob?? And some lovely apples for dessert. Then you can sit by the fire and whistle together, as a family. *Tffwheee! Tptheweeeee!*

Make sure to videotape it for posterity!

~nelly~

Oh dear!!!!!!!! new
      #110941 - 10/06/04 06:57 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I DID NOT mean for you to feel panicked about it. I am SO SO SO SO sorry!!!!! I should of just kept my mouth shut! I was only attempting to educate you, not make things worse. I agree with everyone else, that if this is a decision he's made, that you should be "easy going" about it. Afterall, he did feel comfortable enough to admit it to you before you saw it and freaked. He obviously trusts you. The "damage" does not happen over night!!! It does take time. If you can, try not to worry about it. (I know, easier said than done!) Approaching him in a calm manner and discussing the *possibilities* of damage in the future, as adults, I think would benefit both of you.

I REALLY, TRUELY am sorry for causing such a panic with you. I didn't realize it would have that effect on you. In the office, it's my job to educate parents and children about these types of things. I'm usually pretty good at coming across in a non-threatening manner, and I'm more often than not, successful at helping people out.

Again Beaglelover, I am, from the deepest part of my heart, sorry for making you feel worse. I really hope that you're able to work this out with your son, and come out of it with both of you feeling good. Please, please, don't worry so much about it that you put yourself into a full blown IBS attack.

Sorry!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Nelly, I'm past the point new
      #110949 - 10/06/04 07:52 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

of it being funny anymore. We just told our other son, and he laughed his head off! We asked him not to go to school tomorrow and tell everyone---to at least let us get a chance to talk to his brother first. I walked upstairs and I could hear him on the phone. He had called his brother on his cell phone. (this surprised me because they are not very close). He asked him if it hurt (at first) and if he had gotten any tatoos (no, thank God!).

He wanted to know what I thought---and if I was mad.

I need to go to bed. I wish I didn't know about this. Too much to think about when I'm trying to sleep.

I know it's not that big of a deal. I'm just a worrier---wondering what he's going to do next!!!!

Becky new
      #110950 - 10/06/04 08:00 PM
BL

It's ok. I know you meant well. I'm just a worrier---and very emotional these days. This week I reduced the dosage on the medicine I take for bipolar disorder, and now I'm regretting that decision. (I didn't think I needed it. Ha!) My emotions are all over the place. I think I better up the dosage again tomorrow ----or I will be one raving, ranting Mom by the time he gets home!

Re: Becky new
      #110951 - 10/06/04 08:02 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well, I would like to wish you extra luck, if I may. I'll be thinking about you!!! I'm sure evrything will turn out fine! Please, keep us posted!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Body piercings, college students---and parents!!! new
      #111006 - 10/07/04 04:10 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I had friends that had piercings back when they were first popular. They all ended taking them out after they got tired of them. I have a feeling his lip ring won't be in for more than a year. They tend to get in the way.

Could he just be pulling your leg? new
      #111032 - 10/07/04 06:26 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

RachelK new
      #111034 - 10/07/04 06:36 AM
BL

No---I wish! Our other son called him last night and they talked about it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2367 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4920

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review