All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
I agree with Ruchie! new
      #110787 - 10/06/04 10:42 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yes! Get one too! Then drag him around the mall. Offer to have them chained together. Take pictures.

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BL new
      #110791 - 10/06/04 11:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Looks like I'm coming in a bit late on this one! Sorry, I have been busy at work! Personally, I don't have any piercings other than my ears. I thought I wanted a belly button ring but I figure my belly hurts enough as it is, why torture it??!!

Well, at least he DID forwarn you! Imagine the shock if he just showed up at home with it! At least now you have a little time to get used to the thought! I agree with everyone else though, don't make a big deal out of it! I would mention the possible dental problems it could cause though! Maybe call your dentist to get the story straight from them and see if there is anything preventative he can do to prevent some of the problems already mentioned with the teeth and gums?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Ruchie new
      #110837 - 10/06/04 02:09 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Thanks for your perspective. I was thinking of acting like it was cool (using reverse psychology on him.) What if I said, "Man, that is so cool! Are you gonna get another one somewhere else?" Maybe that will gross him out that his mother thinks it's neat.

Thank you, Daisy new
      #110843 - 10/06/04 02:13 PM
BL

Thanks for your comments. I am going to try to play it cool. It will be so hard for me to keep my big mouth shut. And what you said about your son and the tattoo, I'm afraid that's next, if it hasn't happened already.

I don't know if I'm going to sleep tonight. I'm worried that he may be covered in tattoos. I'm sorry, but as a mother, I can't handle something like that---because it's permanent and I know he will regret it later.

Becky .... new
      #110848 - 10/06/04 02:21 PM
BL

Ahhhh, I know I asked for information, but that was more than I wanted to know. I need reassurance that this is going to be ok, not information that is going to make me panic. I am such a huge worrier. Now I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack. I will not sleep tonight ---for worrying about what this might do to his mouth.

If I try to pass this information on to him, he'll won't listen to me. (I'm his mother, I'm stupid and don't know anything!)

I had decided today that this piercing was harmless, but now you're telling me it's not. I can't handle this.

Nelly, you are so funny! new
      #110853 - 10/06/04 02:26 PM
BL

Thank you for making me laugh! I need so much to laugh about this. I am panicking, I know, but I'm a huge worrier. I need someone to help me lighten up.

Yes, I think that's a great suggestion----hard, crusty French rolls! What else could I serve that would make him decide this "thing" is not a good idea?

And yes, I know we've wasted our money on the dining hall--- (and it was a TON of money). I could've redecorated my house with that wad of cash! But it was required for freshmen living in the dorm.

I like the way you put that---insurance to prevent him from starving! Ha!

Ok, make me laugh again. I need to laugh.

Nelly, me again new
      #110856 - 10/06/04 02:28 PM
BL

Yes, maybe we could get a matching set! Wouldn't that be cute? Then we could have our picture made with Santa and send it to the grandparents for Christmas.

Michele new
      #110859 - 10/06/04 02:32 PM
BL

Yes, he knew better than to not warn me. I would've had a hissy fit---right in the driveway in front of his new friends that are bringing him home.

That's a good idea about calling the dentist. However, I don't know if I want to know. If the dentist tells me it's really bad for him, what in the heck can I do about it? He won't listen to me. Then I will just worry even more.

I just hope he had it done by a professional, and not one of his friends at school!

BL.... new
      #110873 - 10/06/04 03:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Of COURSE you'll sleep tonight! That's an order Seriously...I doubt he has tatoos too...

You're gonna TOTALY play it cool! You can so thos! And we're here for ya every step of the way...just as you're always here helping all of us *hugs*

Don't be too hard on yourself...YOU"RE NORMAL for feeling and reacting the way you are.

And rememebr...we love you BL!!!! *hugs*

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Thank you, Daisy new
      #110875 - 10/06/04 03:19 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

I know it is tough, I will keep my fingers crossed. They are so wise and all knowing at this age:), but they do listen and can totally surprise you. It sounds like you have done a good job & he is just experimenting a smidgen. I am sure he will be just fine. Keep us posted.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4920

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review