Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: RUCHIE: tennis balls--- can't live without 'em! new
      #110445 - 10/04/04 06:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jen,

You're SO BRAVE! the thought terrirfes me...in fact, I'm nervous about going to the Rheumy to be tested cause I know he's gonna press HARD and even little touched hurt tight now! I'm thinking about getting a home mesage machine...any tips? I know it'll HURTTTTT but hopefully it will feel better aFRTE!

JEN! I know how you feel about sleep. Sometimes I sleep 2 hours and feel better for an hour...other times I sleep 12 hours and feel AWFUL! It's CRAZY! (Right now 2 hours of sleep is DELICIOUS! Hopefully tonight I'll sleep 5 hours or more....FIVE HOURS sounds ike a dream...in every sense!)

You HAVE tog et some sleep Jen! Should I Fed Ex you some f my Ambien when I get it? et me call those people...then they'll DEF give you what you need! Just let mne at em!!

A cute boy huih? Tell me more! He'd better be AMAZING and of course we get to screen hin if he's ginna be good enough for our Jen!

I just want to tell you I think you're SUPER! You're such a fighter and you won't let the fibro frog croak you out! You croak back at that frog, ya know what I'm sayin?
And you always come out on top! Go get your man (if he's worthy of you!!!)

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: fibro + moving around + pain relief.... new
      #110446 - 10/04/04 06:47 PM
Snow for Sarala

It's funny...when I saw the title of the post with tennis ball in it, I thougt you were gonna suggest using it as a stres sball to keep your fingers/hands moving! LOL

My hands do really hurt right now...I'm fonna have to stop tping...

Jen, hanks or ALL your advice! I'l write more soon

SMOOCHES!

One last uick thing...if I dont' move I grst so stiif! so i know what you're tlkaing aboiut FIBRO FROG, be GONE!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie: Ambien is addictive.... kinda. new
      #110912 - 10/06/04 05:03 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

The thing is, when you need meds, you're less likely to get addicted to them. Ambien is a hypnotic, so it falls in the "addicitive" and "controlled substance" categories. but, like with some of the painkilers, if you need it, you need it. there's also a little trouble sometimes when you stop it... you can have trouble sleeping for a few nights. but as my Rhumy put it... why take you off? you can't sleep, just stay on it!

i don't have any cravings for it, except when i am out of them and need sleep. that is to say, i don't feel any compulsion AT ALL to take them extra times, like during the day. you know what i'm trying to say?

SMOOCHES.

--------------------

Jen...? new
      #111152 - 10/07/04 01:03 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Have you heard of anyone taking them NOT everyday? Sometimes I sleep just fine, but I do want something for the times when I don't and the antihistamines were just making everything worse! Why is it all so difficult??????

Linz.....? new
      #111256 - 10/07/04 05:36 PM
jenX

Sure, sure. People take it just when they need it! It would be a great plan. You should ask your doc. I need it every night, 'cause I never get Stage 4 sleep, but if you do some/most nights, I don't see why you couldn't get it for nights that you aren't able to sleep.... There's also another drug here in the States called....let's see....I have the frog! I can't remember. I will try to remember and get back to you.

--------------------

Re: Ruchie: Ambien is addictive.... kinda. new
      #111784 - 10/09/04 10:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Jen,

Thanks! Bte, I tried to post and it dodnt work right before the holiday started (Wednesday evening)...so I'm SO SORRY for the delayed response!

How are you feeling these days? How'd it go with the vute guy?

I am EXAHSUTEd these days and still in pain. I actually knocked over the chair while trying to move and it fell on my arm! *ouch* Thakn G-d hubby was here!!!! He brought me ice...so no bruise!

It's touhg not being able to do things you once were able to...but I'm trying to be positive about it.

Wish me luch!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Linz........ new
      #111785 - 10/09/04 10:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Your post made m want to cry! I know JUST how you feel...and I don't even have a diagnosis yet! The AD is making me gain weight (and I had already gained from the Predsnieon) amnd it's not like I can EXERCISE so much right no (walking to theend of the block is a big deal...but I'm working on it!)

Oh Linz...hang in there! We're all together in this BIG MONSTER of an aillness! *big hugs*

PLEASE e-mail me anytime...sorry I was away for a few days...but I shouldn't be away again for a while!

I really mean it...we fibros gotta stick together, ok?

FEEL GOOD..and remember it's ok to cry!

Love,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #111810 - 10/10/04 09:43 AM
jenX

Hey, girl. Are you getting any sleep?

I know what you mean about how hard it is to not be able to do things you used to.... I went to NY on Friday (sorry, LS, it was a last minute errand!) and it darn-near killed me. I barely exaggerate.

Anyway, I'm exhausted, but happy to be getting my Ambien on Tuesday. YAY!

--------------------

Jen, hope you get those meds soon!!! new
      #111901 - 10/10/04 05:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Jen!

Oh no...I'm so sorry you had a bad trip Btw, you live in Maryland right?

Well...today hubby and I went to look for a massage machine for me...they're SO EXPENSIVE! If I grt my fibro diagnosis tom. maybe I can get my insurance to help pay for one? If not...I guess my heating pad will suffice for now.

I got 5 hours sleep last night I'm haing D (I was C for over a week!) I was ok until I tried to vacuum...I ONLY did our bedroom...and I want to go beddy bye NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having soem hard times. I can't form sentences clearly anymore. I drop things left and right. My balance is caput. I ache. Last night the [ain was so severe I cried again. Im TERRIFIED! I am clingin to hubby...I don't know how to tell people I may have to cancel plans last minute...we JSUT movewd here and we don't really know anyone yet...how embarassing!

I have to find a way to cope. The Trazadomne is helping a little...the pian medicines NOT!

Sorry for whining...I'm just so alone in all of this. I hope this doc can help me tom...I'm trying to hang in there.

Thanks for listening *hugs* Hope you have a SUPER day today Jen!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #112018 - 10/11/04 10:26 AM
jenX

Please don't apologize to me ever again, ok!? You're not "whining," you're COPING! It's fine and you can contact me anytime with stuff like this!

I'm so sorry things are so rough right now. I'm "lucky" in that everone knows I'm sick and that I may have to bow out of plans at the last minute. It's not great, but at least people understand. So far, people aren't getting mad at me...

Ruchie, I got some sleep last night. I actually woke up in a good mood (for the first time in weeks). I took Nyquil as a desperate measure before I fell asleep last night and darned if I didn't sleep! AMAZING! I'm going to have to push my doctor's appt. back tomorrow 'cause I'm broke, so I'm not going to be able to get my Ambien. At least now I know the Nyquil will help 'til I can reschedule!

Ruchie, don't be embarrassed about the vaccuming! I swear, it seems pathetic, don't it!? But do what you can do, then rest. You'll start winning against this fibro one day, and until then take this as a message from the cosmos that you need to slow down!

I don't know about you, but I think the slow thinking, stupid sentences and dropping things is almost worse than the pain, in a way. It sounds silly to say, but really: it's terrible to be low-functioning when you usually can make sentences and hold your keys in your hand! I dropped so many things this morning I couldn't help but laugh... it's ridiculous. And I know how sick I am right now 'cause I can't even figure out how to play my solitaire game. Remember these things, Ruchie, so that when you're feeling better and you feel the Fibro Frog sneaking up on you, you can take action immediately! I use the dropping things issue as my big clue. My other big one is when fashion magazines are getting harder and harder to read.... uh.... that's the Frog!

Hope you're feeling a little better this afternoon, Ruchie.

Love ya tons and tons. Gentle hugs to you!

*jen

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1047 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review