All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Ruchie, How are you doing?
      #109764 - 10/02/04 08:07 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hey Ruchie! Just checking up on ya to see how you are feeling? Hope you are feeling better!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Christie, you're SO SUPER SWEET!!! new
      #109901 - 10/02/04 10:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Tissy Christie,

I was away for the Jewish holiday. I had a hard time. I was in SO MUCH PAIN! Yesterday and today were pretty ok for the most part. I'm thoroughly EXHAUSTED (I'm on a med tghat helps to keep me awake at night...as if I wasn't having problems with that already!) and I can't seem to sleep more than 3 hours at a time. I didn't even realizre this was going on until I started reading posts here about fibro.

I bought Firbo for Dummies. I was SO DEPRESSED over the holiday! I feel like a freak...some days I feel okay some days horrible...I was beginning tot hink it was depression...

Hubby insosts it's not in my head~! And now that I'm learning more about fibro, I'm bginning to agree with him. I bought myself a sleep mask...I'm ginna try it out tonight. Btw, does Aleeve (sp) work for fibro?

I will be going to my rheumatologist for the 1st time Oct 11th. I hope he's a great doc and that he will be supportive.

I willw rite more tomorrow...for bnow I gotta eat and go to SLEEP! (Falling asleep isn't usually my prob...it's stayinh asleep! I hope the sleep maska nd my relaxing music help!)

Thanks again Christie...I hope YOU'RE doing great! Btw, any new news on your bro? Will he be home fo the holidays?

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #109907 - 10/03/04 02:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Glad to hear you're starting to come to terms with it being Fibro and realising it's not in your head! Sorry you feel so rotten.

ALeve, is that a painkiller? I think I've heard it mentioned on FibroHugs, but I'm not sure WHAT I read! Sorry, hopefully, LauraSue can help!

Aleve new
      #109908 - 10/03/04 02:59 AM
Linz

Okay, I've looked up Aleve on FibroHugs. First thing is that it's an anti-inflammatory painkiller (like Ibuprofen I guess) and although these can help the Fibro pain, they're not great as we don't get inflammation, so their big "plus" is no good. Secondly, they're not very strong. The consensus on FibroHugs seems to be that you need something better than ALeve.

I take paracetamol for my so-so days and Co-codamol (paracetamol and codeine) for the baddies. Anything you can get with codeine in will help, but I don't know your brands, so I can't say what.

Hope that helps some. {{{HUGS}}}

Love Linz

Ruchie new
      #109909 - 10/03/04 03:08 AM
Linz

I just remembered something I saw in my local Fibro support group's newletter. 63% of members surveyed listed Sinus/catarrh (sp?) problems as an associated condition of their Fibro. Thought you might be interested in that! IBS topped the list.

Ruchie- I hope your having a great sukkot... new
      #109925 - 10/03/04 06:44 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

despite all the health issues! I know I am... even with a major case of C- actually that helped some.. and even eating my own food wasn't a bit deal at camp... actually had some people jealous...

getting to do mikveh outdoors in the cold in a lake is an amazing, wonderful experience.. its part of why I go to camp each year.. we start early fri with arts and crafts and mikveh, and the guys get the sukkah built that we use there... then shabbos dinner and services and singing in front of the fireplace in the lodge (we rent a UCC camp, so the camp director stays up to do do the fire, and we have staff hired to cook, etc.. ) then last night we had a big campfire, again Jeff started it for us, we did havdalah and a sukkot service up there (they did another service in the sukkah this AM, but I drove back late last night) and then the kids made smores and roasted marshmellows and we sang peace and judaic and hebrew songs and told stories... then the kids went to bed and the musicians came out.. we had a klezmer trombonist, and 2 klezmer fiddlers and 4 guitars and wow- wonderful music, dancing, and song... I didn't head home until after midnight and I had to work this AM...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

No more pain, gotta get some sleep, and what is morning stiffness anyway new
      #109938 - 10/03/04 08:11 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Linz!

I will not be seeing my rheumatologist until a week from tomorrow! I am going to call tom and see if I can get an earlier appointment...this is out of control! It's been WEEKS since I've slept more than 3.5 hours at a tijme...and the pian gets wors every day (although Fri and Sat I felt pretty good all day and then last night--wham!)

they have checked me for everything! If it's NOT fibro I will be shocked and get a 2nd opinon. I don't have hypothyroid, arthritis is an autoimmune probn (which I've tested negative for several times in the past year with blood work), etc. Thak G-d for these boards and for Christie telling us her story of getting diagnosed. Linz, I rewcall when you were having problems with this last year...and I thought no way could I have this and I crossed it off my list. I didn't have ba pain and I slept a ton...so I figueds it couldn't be fibro (I didnt say I got GOOD sleep...I just slept forver).

Ok...so...

What I can do for the pain without a doc? I bought a sleep mask and I took a hot shower before bed. what else can I do?

And what's morning stiffness? I have a whole questionarre to fill ouit for the rheumatologist...and one of the questions is "do you get morning stiffness" and "how long has this been going on"? Knowing what morning stiffness is will def. assist me in answering the question

I am SO THANKFUL for this board! I am beginning to feel that I'm not alone and it' not in my head...even if the symptoms come andgo and are better/worse some days than others.

Thanks a MILLION!

With love to my fibro firneds

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Ruchie- I hope your having a great sukkot... new
      #109939 - 10/03/04 08:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow! It sounds like you had a super time--that's so great!!!

Succos has not been easy for me...but that's okay. I feel like, G-d willin, I'm on my way to getting to the bottom of why Iv'e been so sick...and that has me chin up

Thanks foe asking! Whata re your plan for the rst of the holiday? enjoy!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: No more pain, gotta get some sleep, and what is morning stiffness anyway new
      #109941 - 10/03/04 08:18 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Ruchie
I am so happy you are getting to go to a doctor about the fibro! Morning stiffness is when you wake up and it hard to move. Everthing feels soar and stiff. Like you over did it the day before and all the muscels hurt and are hard to get moving. At least that is what I think of as morning stiffness someone else might be able to explain it better. I hope you feel better soon. BIG HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Ruchie- I hope your having a great sukkot... new
      #109969 - 10/03/04 11:54 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

working today, off Thurs/Fri for simhat torah and Shmini azeret.. services and rest and lots of fun at Simhat torah services.. hopefully get some R&R and not sure yet where we'll go for simchat torah... either Hillel where dads friend is leading services and singing... Chabbad, or my shul where my friends who play Klezmer are doing a jam session for the hakafot.. same crew we heard motsei shabbos last night.. and a few additionals.. we'll see depending on mood and when we get out the door- the services are all starting at different times..

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review