All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sick Pets!!!
      #109253 - 09/30/04 10:49 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey guys....I am soooo stressed right now. I moved on Friday and everything went well (besides the fact that I moved 1/2 the stuff myself and ended up in bed for 2 days after)....BUT

Now my pets are all getting sick!! My cat has a bladder infection (at least that's what the vet thinks) and I've had to lock her in the bathroom since yesterday cuz she can't control her urge to pee and I can't have her peeing all over the house. I've got her on medicine now so hopefully she'll do better.

Also....my snake isn't eating....she usually has no trouble eating but she must be all stressed out because of the move. She's a Ball Python and can go months without food but I still can't help being worried about her!!

Anyway....thanks for listening to me vent.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sick Pets!!! new
      #109291 - 09/30/04 12:36 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Oh your poor cat! I wouldn't worry about your snake - she'll eat when she gets really hungry (and over the sulks/worry). What on Earth do you feed her? Not live stuff is it?

#109324 - 09/30/04 02:02 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I hope they all get better soon. You are braver than me to have a snake YIKES!!!
<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>
Good luck

--------------------
Heather7476

#109411 - 09/30/04 05:44 PM
Lil' Bell

Reged: 09/14/04
Loc: South Dakota, USA

Did they do a urinalysis on your kitty? Don't forget to change drinking water often, and scoop the litter every day....you wouldn't beleive how big a difference that can make in where they decide to go...

I have to friendly felines myself, and they have both had to go to special diets so they don't use the living room....

Linz new
      #109416 - 09/30/04 06:13 PM
Kimm

Yah you may be right about her sulking!!

I feed her mice. Usually I get them frozen but sometimes when she's being finicky about eating I give them to her live or freshly killed (I hate doing that cuz there's something about breaking its neck myself that I just can't get used to).

I'm hoping not to have to feed her live or freshly killed now....I'm gonna try feeding her again tomorrow night...keep your fingers crossed for me!!

As for my kitty....she's still on lockdown in the bathroom until she stops trying to pee everywhere (the vet said when the meds kick in she should stop that)....

Oh dear! new
      #109417 - 09/30/04 06:21 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I can't emagine having to do the things you have to do for your snake! I'd be bawling if I had to break the neck of an animal! In fact, I'd end up starving the poor thing, cause I wouldn't be able to do it!

I hope your kitty feels better soon! Sounds like you have your hands full with everything!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Becky new
      #109469 - 10/01/04 06:01 AM
Kimm

I will admit it was very hard to do at first....but after a while it gets easier...still gross...but not as bad.

I'm going to try and feed her tonight with a thawed out mouse and cross my fingers that she takes it!!

My kitty is still locked in the washroom....and the poor thing...it's her birthday today!! She's 1 year old today....I feel so guilty but there's not much I can really do. I can't have her peeing on the carpet.

Anyway....thanks for the support....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1710 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review