All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Well, we survived the move!
      #109196 - 09/30/04 06:00 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

We're in the new house! It's every bit as wonderful as we thought it would be, and then some.

We did have one unpleasant surprise in the closing: our mortgage is $135/month MORE than we thought it was going to be. Our finances are already really tight, so this is really bad news, but we'll manage somehow - we always do.

The move itself went perfectly smoothly and without a hitch. I did have to do a lot more lifting and lugging than I planned on, but I didn't have to move any furniture, and that's all I really cared about anyway! All-in-all, it was the LEAST stressful move I've ever experienced, and I have Adam's *perfect* planning of the whole thing to thank for that, I think.

I've already gotten a LOT of unpacking done. It helps that we don't have a ton of stuff to begin with, but I'm also a complete pro at getting settled: 10 moves in 10 years will do that, eh? I figure I'll be completely done unpacking by the weekend.

The only wrench in the works is that our DSL won't be hooked up till October 5. I'm using a crappy slow dialup in the meantime, so I won't be around much until then.

Well, back to work for me... this morning's task is to figure out how to get the nasty wet-dog smell (blech) out of the couch we just got for free.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yay! new
      #109197 - 09/30/04 06:06 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Congrats Casey! I'm so glad your move went so smoothly! That's great news, moving can be such a pain!
I'm a fast unpacker too, I hate procrastinating....I had our stuff unpacked and even had drapes up in 2 days in our new house! I didn't have a job though, so that helps a LOT.

Well enjoy the new house! I'm so happy for you and Adam. It sounds perfect! Have fun decorating!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Well, we survived the move! new
      #109198 - 09/30/04 06:33 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

That's great news Casey!!! I am glad in went good. Good luck in the new house!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Yay! new
      #109201 - 09/30/04 06:40 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

That's great Casey, Hope you and Adam are very happy there and that the new surroundings lead to a lucky streak healthwise for you.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

So happy for you! Send photos! ---nt--- new
      #109207 - 09/30/04 07:10 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Congratulations new
      #109224 - 09/30/04 08:31 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

I'm SOOO jealous as we haven't even exchanged yet. Have a fantastic time in your new house - and yes, pictures are needed!!!

Whoo hoo!!!! That's awesome!! - nt new
      #109230 - 09/30/04 08:49 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

cara and casey new
      #109231 - 09/30/04 08:59 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

congrats casey! sounds awesome!

and cara.. have you found a new job yet?

--------------------

WOO HOO, Casey! Congrats! -nt- new
      #109248 - 09/30/04 10:40 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Congrats Casey! new
      #109255 - 09/30/04 10:54 AM
JuneBloom

Reged: 09/22/04

Casey,

Congrats! Best of luck in your new home!

Congratulations! new
      #109256 - 09/30/04 11:00 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Hi Casey,

Congratulations! Best of luck in your new house!

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Re: Yay! new
      #109269 - 09/30/04 11:47 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Congrats to bot of you and I hope ours goes that smoothly.. I did that when we moved in here.. that first weekend almost everything was unpacked and what wasn't was stored out of sight and low priority... I hope I cna do as well on the next move too... of course we have to sell this place and find a place still... I think the house that was smokey and cluttered and we almost tripped on the hose getting into is proof enough to DH that we need to straighten up and keep it that way around here...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: cara and casey new
      #109270 - 09/30/04 11:48 AM
Cara4503

No job yet!
I'm babysitting a lot for the neighborhood kids - there's lots of them. I'm going to start looking for a part time job soon, when Justin's work slows down in the winter (he works in construction). It's my birthday today and I'm glad I'm not at work!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Yay! I'm so happy for you. - nt new
      #109285 - 09/30/04 12:30 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

YAY Casey! Awesome and welcome home! new
      #109315 - 09/30/04 01:36 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

#109355 - 09/30/04 03:39 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Casey, I'm so glad your move went smoothly! Congrats on the new house. I'm so out of the loop right now I didn't even know you were moving! How far did you move? What's your new place like? I'm sure you already told everyone somewhere... but I'm nosy!

Btw, I completely understand the hassle of moving to a new place. I've been in my apartment almost 2 weeks and I still don't quite have everything settled in. And I don't have a couch yet either... maybe I need to follow your lead and go find a free one on the roadside. Good luck removing the smell!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

cara new
      #109367 - 09/30/04 04:09 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

happy birthday..

hehe stay home while the hubby's away and work when he has more time at home.. haha has the newlywed feeling wear off already! haha

good luck with a job and again.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
How old are you now?

--------------------

Awesome!! new
      #109368 - 09/30/04 04:09 PM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Way to go on the move Casey! Have fun making the place your own and lots of luck with the wet-dog smell Does Febreeze cover that?? Maybe just lots of smelly candles ...

Congrats!

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: Happy Birthday Cara..... new
      #109379 - 09/30/04 04:28 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

My sister's birthday is today too! However, that lucky bum is in the Bahama's as we speak. She left this morning and will be back on Monday. Nice birthday present huh! Her work actually paid for her to go. She works as a dental hygentist and they met their goals for the year and that's how the dentist repay's them. Not too shabby huh!
Enjoy your day.....what's left of it that is!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Thanks for the good wishes and congrats, everyone! Y'all ROCK! -nt- new
      #109413 - 09/30/04 06:04 PM
atomic rose

Re: Casey, Congratulations! new
      #109437 - 09/30/04 10:10 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I am so happy for you, now you can go in your nice clean bathroom and take a long hot soak!! You are really going to enjoy that one.

I thought of you last Tuesday! My sister and I went on a road trip, 2.5 hours away from our area. IT is about a 10 mile stretch including aobut 4 small towns, on both sides of the road there are people selling anything you could possibly want. I saw lots and lots of Vintage, you name it. Clothing, furniture, bed linens, linens, curtains....I thought of you everytime I saw a frilly dress. You would have loved this, I didnt buy very much, the prices were just too high, though I did try to talk some prices down, they just did not want to part with their stuff. I wanted some fall decorating things, just did not fine them, we were on a time restriction so we did not get to drive on up the road and stop again so we could see more. IT only lasts 2 weeks in the FAll and 2 in the Spring. we will go back next year, but maybe get a room so we can spend mroe time looking and shopping.

I bought a small bench with a cute little back on it about 6" high. I am going to use it as a dressing table bench. paint it a flat back, and upholster the seat in a pretty fab, (girly girl) type of idea. with the long twisted fringe on the seat. I cant wait to see what it is going to look like. I must send a pic, it looks pretty sad right now.
hope you are getting your rest and eating right. gayla

Re: Casey, Congratulations! new
      #109450 - 10/01/04 03:22 AM
atomic rose

That rocks! I would have gotten in so much trouble at a place like that, hehe... first of all, I'm easily parted with my money where vintage clothes are concerned, and second, I'm TERRIBLE at dickering and bargaining. I'm sure I would have walked away with a pile of clothes, a big grin on my face, and a totally empty wallet, haha.

That bench is going to be fabulous! *Take "before" pictures!!* Every time I redo a piece of furniture or clothing, I always forget to take a "before" picture, and I want to kick myself afterwards. It's fun to be able to show other people how you redid something.

Good luck with it - and thank you, Gayla! (You're right... I can't wait to take a good long soak in that gorgeous bathroom! )

Ash.... new
      #109458 - 10/01/04 05:40 AM
Cara4503

LoL. I didn't think of that - working more when he has more time....:)
No he is working 70-80 weeks right now, but that will go to 40-50 in November....so the pay goes down a lot, that's why I'd get a part time job!
But yeah- the newlywed think wore off way long ago - we've been married a year and a half, but we have been together so long, it's nice. We are really lucky to have found eachother, we are a perfect match! We're both still really goofy...we still play games like battleship and guess who - lol. We play tag in the house, and 'got you last' when we go to bed....I know, we're dorks, but we just have to much fun together - I could spend every minute with him and never get sick of him....and people say, 'that will change', but I know it won't....I've been like that since the day I met him!
I'm 27 now.
Well it's 7:30 am....that's late enough for some laffy taffy! Haha.

Are you meeting any new boys??? I hope so! You're so pretty you probably have them coming up to you all the time. Go for the shy ones - they make the best husbands, and you get to see their 'un-shy' side!

--------------------
~Cara~

cara new
      #109489 - 10/01/04 07:16 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

You and your husband sound like you have so much fun.. thats exactly what I want! I'm jealous you guys sound great!

I can't believe he works that much.. 70-80 hours is SOO SOOO SOOO much. If it were me I'd go nuts. I'm not a huge fan of work!

Anyways, I'll definitly look for the shy ones. Unfortunately at the moment and for the last four months I've had none. Not one boy has asked me on a date or anything Hopefully soon. I've still only lived here a little over a month so honestly I don't know too many boys or go out much anyways. HOpefully that will change in the upcoming months though as I meet more people.

enjoy the taffy.. I might need to get some myself.

OH AND how was the birthday?

--------------------

Re: Cara new
      #109501 - 10/01/04 08:02 AM
heather7476

Cara I can relate to the husband working thing. My hubby works 60 hours a week 12 hour shifts!!! He normally has a four day weekend every other weekend, but he has to work alot of overtime so it hardley every turns out to be the full four days. He leaves at 6:00am and gets home at 7:30pm. I hate it!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: cara new
      #109534 - 10/01/04 10:17 AM
Cara4503

You'll find the perfect man one day, you know you will! You sound a LOT like me when I read all your posts.
I actually didn't meet Justin at my college - I met him during college, but in Chicago where my parents live. He's 3 years older than me. He's the quiet type, but he's just such a good guy - everyone always says he's got such a friendly face!

He does get tired of working, it really wears him down in the summer. The contractors want to work tons of hours in the summer so they get overtime. Some of them only work for 6 months a year - 80 hours a week, and then take off for 6 months a year...and Justin has to work the same hours as the contractors because he's the engineer in charge of their work. I dont remember the last Saturday he had off work! Last week he had one day where he worked 18 hours, and then slept for 4 hours and had to go back! They work a lot in the middle of the night so that they don't have to shut as many lanes down.

My birthday was good! Thanks for asking Didn't do much, watched Survivor of course.... Justin brought me home this big thing of balloons, and right away the puppy dragged the sand thing into his kennel and was playing all night. He got me roses and a really sweet card..and made me dinner! Then we had a nice romantic evening if you know what I mean :P So it was a good day! Now I'm cleaning like crazy because my in-laws are coming this weekend. Fun fun.

Are there any cute guys in your classes?? I used to always find the cute guys to do homework with - lol. I bet guys are shy around you because you're so pretty....Justin was such a wimp when we hooked up! We were working at the same place (I was interning, he was full time), and he sent me an email asking saying that his friends were going to Six Flags and if I wanted to come I could. Ha. I was actually dating someone else at the time that I'd been with for almost 3 years...but we were on the rocks. I actually asked Justin if instead he wanted to do something the next night! He gets embarrassed when I say that I asked him out!

Ok you probably don't want to hear my life story........:)

Have a good day!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Cara new
      #109535 - 10/01/04 10:19 AM
Cara4503

Doesn't that stink! I'm by myself a LOT during the summer. He usually works from 5:30am-7:00pm, but it varies so much, sometimes he has to work night shifts too...and he works every Saturday of course. I'll be glad when November gets here, it really slows down! But so does the pay...

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: cara new
      #109547 - 10/01/04 11:22 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Oh he sounds so cute.. you are very lucky! And hearing your story was great.. there is still hope for me. haha.

unfortunately there are NO boys in my program.. I'm studying child/school psych and apparently thats not a very "boy friendly" profession.. soo i've had a really really hard time meeting boys. I see alot on campus but they are all 18.. whereas i'm in grad school and a little too old for them. But it is sad. I've been really depressed lately and feeling sorry for myself.. missing my ex. It sucks but its hard being lonely in a new city. Finding boys is harder than it looks.

thats so cute how your husband TRIED to ask you out. Boys are wimps.. almost all of them are. I had to be the one that asked out my last boyfriend.

--------------------

#109581 - 10/01/04 12:31 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Congratulations on the new house, Casey! I'm so happy for you and glad the move went smoothly. Hope you get your DSL hooked up soon! Miss you.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Men new
      #109586 - 10/01/04 12:37 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

The first evening I met my now husband he ran away! And he ADMITS this! But he did email me two days later! The quiet ones are nice.

You'll get there Ash. There's someone for you. If you get really depressed, you will go talk to your doctor about it, won't you? Being depressed at Uni is HORRIBLE!

Re: Men new
      #109600 - 10/01/04 12:52 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I met my guy in April, we kissed in June and had no contact until we went back to college after summer break I pursued him and he avoided me because friends of ours were trying to set us up! Six weeks into the semester on the night that I decided that after that I was going to give up on him and move on we kissed at a party, he asked me to go out with him, and that will be 8 years ago at the end of the month!

Ashley you will find someone, but its not always in the places you expect or the people you expect. One of my closest friends is married to a guy who was a friend since childhood and who she thought was a nerd, but he helped her through a broken engagement and they got married three years later and have 2 adorable kids, she laughs at the amount of time she had written him off!

Chin up, a hot chick like you will find her Prince Charming (or her Shrek!)

Sinead

--------------------
S.

Re: Men new
      #109647 - 10/01/04 02:03 PM
heather7476

I met my husband through friends. He was 17 I was 16. The first time I saw him I though what a dork. (don't tell him that) After hanging out with him and our friends for about a month I relized hey I LIKE him. I went to tell my best friend that I was starting to Like him and she said well DUH anyone with eyes can see that you two like each other. I was so embrassed. He asked her for my phone number and called and asked me out on a date. That was 12 years ago. He left a month after we started dating for the navy. That was hard. I loved reading all your guys stories. Maybe we should start a thread how did you meet your soul mate?

Ashley thier is the perfect guy out there for you. I know it!! I realy belive everyone has that percecft someone just waiting for them to find!!!!
Good LUCK & Happy Man Hunting

--------------------
Heather7476

linz new
      #109690 - 10/01/04 04:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

yes.. I promise if I get too depressed I definitly will! I don't need a man to keep me happy.. but missing an old one with no new prospects in site does get a little sad and discouraging every now and again.

--------------------

haha thats a cute story sinead! thanksfor the support! -nt- new
      #109691 - 10/01/04 04:38 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

thanks heather! -nt- new
      #109692 - 10/01/04 04:39 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

--------------------

Casey, message from Bevrs new
      #109724 - 10/01/04 09:06 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Casey,

Bev has had problems posting on the boards lately. She e-mailed me as asked me to tell you that she is so happy for you.

Barbie & Bevrs

--------------------

Aww! new
      #109725 - 10/01/04 09:12 PM
atomic rose

Problems posting?! That'll never do... ! No wonder she hasn't been around!

If you don't mind too much, next time you email her, tell her I said thank you, and that I miss her smiling face around here, and I hope things are still going well at the new house!

Re: Aww! new
      #109756 - 10/02/04 07:47 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

If you don't mind too much, next time you email her, tell her I said thank you, and that I miss her smiling face around here, and I hope things are still going well at the new house! Casey I hope you don't mind me butting in here, but I second what you said!!! Hi!, to Bev! Hope she's doing well!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

I miss Bevrs!!! ---nt---- new
      #109760 - 10/02/04 07:58 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#110008 - 10/03/04 01:55 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi, Casey:

I'm glad you survived! Sorry about the higher mortgage surprise. Are you sure it's legit?

Anyway, we look forward to you being back up and running DSL-style!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Congratulations! and good luck in your new home -nt- new
      #110084 - 10/03/04 06:46 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

#110147 - 10/03/04 10:31 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Congrats Casey on your move! Sorry this took me a few days to get too I hope you're really happy in your new place!

Kelly

Kelly! new
      #110170 - 10/04/04 04:30 AM
atomic rose

How on earth are *you* doing? Good to see you! Hope things are going ok.

And yes, I'm very happy in the new place. I'll be *blissfully* happy, though, when they finish the @#&($^#^ roof and I can stop waking up at 7 to make coffee for work crews, haha.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3188 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review