All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Bad day again! This time IBS joins in the fun...
      #105961 - 09/15/04 05:48 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

*groan* I feel awful. I was just sent home from work and now I am at home and feel.. awful.
I started taking the anti-biotics the doc gave me last night and I don't know if it's them, or IBS, or a different reason but I have been really stomach-sick today.
I was at work, and I started feeling really shakey and then got these terrible pains across my stomach. So I went to the bathroom, and couldn't go but the pains were so bad I was doubled over for about ten minutes. About ten minutes after that, I had to high-tail it to the potty again, this time so I could have the same cramps but alongside some really bad D. It was so awful, and I have been feeling okay in that way for so long that I just broke down and started crying in the bathroom stall at work!
I can't understand this, and I just feel like stomping my feet and saying, "It's not fair!!"
Now I am nauseous as anything (I really thought I would throw up about 5 times at work), stomach is aching, I still have a UTI and now I am really worrying about having D again. I am shakey and weak and I just feel so frustrated and upset.
I know I have been complaining a lot lately, but I kinda felt like I was holding it together but I just can't today. I am so over emotional, it's ridiculous.
Does anyone know if anti-biotics can do this to you? If so, will I just have to live with it as you have to complete a course (7 days!) of anti-biotics, right?
I have a doctor's appointment Friday, but I might call in for an urgent one tomorrow if I can... 2 days of peeing blood and now this? I feel like my body is falling apart, I don't even want to tell my boyfriend 'cause he'll just say, "You're always sick" or something and then I'll feel even worse... I AM always sick... If it's not one thing, it's another.
I was so upset at work that when my boss said to me, "You look like you shouldn't be here today" I said I didn't want to take a sick day because I don't want to be sick. She said she wouldn't mark me as sick, and she was nice about it but I was so upset I nearly start bawling again right in the middle of my office.
Sorry I do so much whining lately, I promise I will post some good news as soon as I get any!
Thanks for all the love and support, I seriously don't know what I would do if I didn't have anyone to talk to about stuff.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bad day again! This time IBS joins in the fun... new
      #105966 - 09/15/04 05:58 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Aw Stephy! Poor you! Honey, don't stress about complaining or being emotional! You are REALLY ill atm!!!!! Give yourself some slack and concentrate on beating the UTI. Then you can get back to normal! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

It'll be the antibiotics. I did wonder when you said you were on some, but I hoped you'd be okay! Get some probiotics - they should help - and take some Immodium.

That is so nice of your boss. I wish they were all like that!

Get well soon. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Oh NO Steph!!! new
      #105986 - 09/15/04 07:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You're still peeing blood! And you can't go to the loo? PLEASE go to the ER right away! It may be your kidneys!!!

YOU POOR THING! Don't even THINK about not sharing all this stuff with us.......it's NOT complaining! It's keeping your sanity!

How can we help you through this? We need a joke of the day (JenX)!

Where is the pain in your tummy...upper or lower abdomen? Does your back ache? What are your other symptoms?

It could be a REALLY bad UTI...I hope that's all it is!

Linz is right on...get some probiotics...that will help with the antibiotics. And make sure to take it a couple of hours apart from the antibiotics.

Gosh...this is awful! I hate that you feel so bad. I know the feeling all to well....and I just hope you feel better SOON!

Love and hugs,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#105990 - 09/15/04 08:35 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

My god, you've had WAY more than your share of bad health and nodidy deserves that. Your boyfriend clearly has no idea what you go through.

I would suggest taking the rest of the week off sick (or vacation) because you clearly need it. Don't go back to work while you're so ill.

Wrap yourself in a cblanket and have a long nap. Your body is tired and needs relief.

I feel for ya. I hope you get better.

I second all of that... new
      #105993 - 09/15/04 08:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Poor Steph... your body is clearly telling you that you need a break! So take it! Don't force yourself to work if you're sick, you're just going to keep yourself from getting better.

*big hugs* to you, and I hope you feel better soon!

Steph, you poor thing! new
      #106000 - 09/15/04 09:06 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

Don't you even apologize!! You have a lot going on right now and you're being really strong (trying to go to work anyway with feeling so bad!). I agree that having blood in your urine could be serious - not to scare you, but I would recommend going to the ER if your doctor can't fit you in ASAP. They should be able to accomodate you - I thought most doctor's offices kept a certain number of appointments open for emergencies like this?? The stomach upset could be from the antibiotics - I know I have horrible stomach problems when I have to take them. As far as your BF, I have one that's always saying the same thing to me I guess it's hard for them because they're not the ones feeling so sick all the time, but you would think they could be a little more sensitive

Try to take good care of yourself and don't worry about anything but getting better - the rest of it can wait! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

#106003 - 09/15/04 09:10 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGE MASSIVE HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
I am so SORRY you are going through all this. I mean YIKES how much is one person supposed deal with at one time. You are a stong women Steph and a great gal. Don't even think about being a whiner because your not. You are just going through alot right now and we are all here for you.
I would call and try to get an early app tomrrow with the doc or go to the hospital. You realy need to be seen soon for that UTI.

As for the D and cramps it is probably the meds and stress.
It sucks that that happens but I agree with Linz go get some probotics. and take some anti D meds.

You need to get some rest and relax as much as possiable to let your body heal. Tell your man, hon let him help take care of you. He loves you and I am sure if you tell him your peeing blood and having D he will be compassionate. (Well as much as any man can be lol ,No offense to are male members) I realy hope things start getting better for you and I a glad your boss let you go home. You need to take a vaction or some sick leave till you are better though.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<BIG HUGS AGAIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Good luck hon

--------------------
Heather7476

#106017 - 09/15/04 10:39 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Steph, poor you, you are having such a bad time at the moment. Your lucky day has to be around the corner though!

Take care and get as much rest as possible to try to get yourself better.

Sinead

--------------------
S.

#106064 - 09/15/04 02:20 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Steph,

I am sorry that you are feeling bad. I was feeling the same way emotionaly the other day about IBS. Sometimes it just gets to ya and on top of that you don't feel well. I can relate to not wanting to say you feel bad again. Sometimes I feel like I always feel bad and I just don't want my family to have to hear it from me again.

I don't have any great words of advice but know that you are not alone and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

--------------------
Janey

#106077 - 09/15/04 02:54 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

You're having such a rough go of it lately... I hope you feel better very soon, and like Linz said, get some probiotics!

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#106079 - 09/15/04 03:01 PM
pedro

Reged: 09/10/04

I can sympathise with you. I have been in the same situation with my career. I finally got the job I had always wanted which is in Forensics with the Police Dept and all my medical stuff started happening. Iam lucky that I was able to go onto an ill health benefit through my superfund, where they pay 75% of your salary for upto two years. I have been on this for six months and have just returned to work part-time. Its so hard to go to work some days when you feel so bad.
Hope things improve for you.

Pedro

Steph - Can you give us an update please?! new
      #106200 - 09/16/04 08:40 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Re: Steph - Can you give us an update please?! new
      #106262 - 09/16/04 11:35 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
Well, I took everyone's suggestions and started taking pro-biotics yesterday (luckily I had a bottle I just never started taking) and I took today off as sick. I have an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow at 0930. I think I will have to go into work after that but it is someone's last day and they are all going out for a drink in the afternoon so hopefully I won't have to be there late.
I still feel crappy, unfortunately. I have major tummy ache and I feel really sick. I haven't gone to the loo at all today, which is a change from the D yesterday but i dunno if it's good or not.
I am still really uncomfortable.. um... down there.. and peeing is still uncomfortable.. but no blood, so that's a bonus.
I'm glad it's near the end of the week now so I can try and relax on the weekend... if that's possible in this house! I just feel like I am being overwhelmed and I can't cope. Hopefully I'll feel better soon.
I'll update after my doctor's appointment if anything comes of it (they tend to just dismiss me because apparently IBS means I imagine all my symptoms for everything).
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 520 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review