Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Ok What's Your Favorite Book or Author new
      #104102 - 09/06/04 10:15 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Wow, what a question!

My all time favourite has got to be Tolkien. I'm a LOTR nut. Just about to start reading the Lost Tales. I've read, LOTS loads, read the Hobbit, the Simarillion (sp?) and some of the legends. Just love it!

Having heard "Da Vinci Code" raved about on here, I do like Dan Brown, but I think his other books aren't as good as DVC.

My favourite author atm has got to be Agatha Christie - total comfort reading! I think it was PD James who said "Murder mysteries are not about death, but about the restoration of order". So true. A good ending makes me feel good.

I also like Georgette Heyer's historical romances - more comfort reading! And anything by Isabelle Allende. She's as good as Gabriel Garcia Marquez!!! An English novelist called Elizabeth Pewsey does the most wonderful novels - they're like therapy in paperback! Another "therapy" book, "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" is an old favourite. I've read all of Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta novels so far, but I've gone off them - nightmares and now her plots have gone into orbit!

Okay, I could go on all day, but that'll do for now!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#104163 - 09/06/04 05:39 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I love children's books! I loved The Neverebding Story by Michael Ende, The Phantom Tollbooth (don't remember the author), The Lion, the With, and the Wardrobe series, books are JUST GREAT! Maybe one day I'll finish my book and get it out there...you guys certainly inspire me!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#104186 - 09/06/04 07:59 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Phantom Tollbooth is by Norman Juster. How weird is it that I just remember that?

#104187 - 09/06/04 08:03 PM
countrygirl

Reged: 04/29/04
Loc: Wisconsin, USA

A Thousand Acres by Jane Smiley(really liked that book!),Years by LaVyrle Spencer,The Ranch by Danielle Steele,The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans.
Authors:
LaVyrle Spencer
Nicholas Sparks
Nicholas Evans
Ann Rule
Sandra Brown
Nora Roberts
I like Biographies,romance,nonfiction,fiction,true crime and sometimes mysteries.Lately it seems like i lose interest in books to quickly,my attention span is pretty short lately,too much on my mind i guess?

#104191 - 09/06/04 08:12 PM
turrtle

Reged: 08/22/04
Loc: Hartsville, SC

I have 2. A book of poetry from 1929 with various, classic poets and Lizzie by Evan Hunter.

#104193 - 09/06/04 08:18 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I like Margaret Atwood, Carol Shields, Jane Smiley, Donna Tartt, Anne Tyler, Marge Piercy, Umberto Eco, and David Sedaris. I also really like the book The Chess Garden by Brooks Hansen, and Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. Probably my favorite book right now is a play, Last Lists of My Mad Mother by Julie Jensen.

#104268 - 09/07/04 09:04 AM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Hey - I remember reading Sophie's World a couple years back - what a great book! I had just come off of doing a great books programme and it was like a review of the major philosophies nicely encapsulated in a story. I had completely forgotten about it though - thanks for reminding me about it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3224 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review