All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Re: Thanks BL - one more question for ya.... new
      #103948 - 09/05/04 08:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Cara,

Another thing you can do if your dog is doing something you don't like excessively, is to spray him with a water bottle. Dogs don't like the water feel in their face...and it doesn't hurt them in any way. Just thought Id' mention...you're being a great doggie parents! Keep it up!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cara new
      #103962 - 09/05/04 09:28 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Cara, your puppy is so cute! I have that same doggie bed for my dog! Did your's come with a little pillow too? Its a nice bed! My dog uses that bed downstairs and her kennel is upstairs. She loves her kennel infact, if she know's were leaving she will go get in her kennel. Thats where I keep her when we leave the house!

Anyhow, very cute doggie!

--------------------

Cara........info on puppies and babies new
      #103981 - 09/05/04 11:37 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

This info on dogs and babies was in our newspaper today in a column called "My Pet World." Thought you might find this helpful.

"Many dogs are confused about babies when they haven't been exposed to any. Take your dog on a leash to parks where there are babies. Just sitting next to a baby carriage is fine for starters; the dog will get a whiff of that diaper a nd hear the baby fuss. After acclimating it to the smells and sounds from some distance and outdoors, invite a friend to visit your home with a baby. Keep the dog on a leash. When the baby fusses, toss the dog some treats. Soon, the dog will learn that treats appear when babies are present."

Re: Thanks BL - one more question for ya.... new
      #104007 - 09/05/04 03:17 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

That is a good idea! I'm going to try it. He is getting REALLY aggressive with the biting, especially my toes, but today he bit my arm and my ankles. His teeth are so sharp! I'm going to try the water bottle thing since saying 'NO' means nothing to him.

Oh - and I think we will probably just fork out the money and do the Petsmart 8 week class. I'm sure it's worth it. And I want him to be a really good dog when he's older!

He's crying now because he can't get to the computer That just makes me so sad! I'm such a push-over, I better go get him

--------------------
~Cara~

Interesting! new
      #104008 - 09/05/04 03:18 PM
Cara4503

He seems to do ok around babies so far. There are a lot of babies in the neighborhood, so that's good.
Thanks for the info!

--------------------
~Cara~

Thanks Steph! :) new
      #104012 - 09/05/04 03:58 PM
Cara4503

Yes that bed has a pillow with it - it looks so comfy! We put the pillow in his kennel. He only likes sleeping in that bed though! We have put him in the kennel the last 2 nights, but during the day and when we go somewhere we let him just sleep in the bed. They are both in the kitchen, and he can't get out of the kitchen. I figure that way if he does go to the bathroom, it'll be easier to clean on the kitchen floor rather than in the kennel on his pillow and towel and toys. I know everyone says 'dogs won't go to the bathroom in their kennel'....well, mine does! I don't think he thinks of it as 'home' yet. Plus he just has a little puppy bladder and he goes pee every half hour sometimes!

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Thanks Steph! :) new
      #104039 - 09/05/04 08:27 PM
StephS

Hi Cara,

Yep my puppy I had for a week before I gave him to a friend also pooped and peed in her kennel too. What I found is if the kennel is big enough he will go potty at one end and sleep and eat at the other. If it's small enough they don't like doing that too much. It will take some time....especially with a puppy bladder In time things will get better with the potty training. I hope you doggie ends up loving his kennel as much as my little dog loves her's!

Good luck!

--------------------

pic of my dog Clover! new
      #104040 - 09/05/04 08:32 PM
StephS

[image][/image]

--------------------

Clover... new
      #104080 - 09/06/04 06:51 AM
Cara4503

Steph he's ADORABLE! So cute. I love his ears!

--------------------
~Cara~

Aahhh, Clover is so cute!!!! --nt-- new
      #104086 - 09/06/04 07:31 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15960

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review