All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Speaking of stress....
      #101397 - 08/25/04 05:33 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't want to get into details, but we just had our lease terminated. We have until September 1 to get out. That's right - a whopping WEEK.

I have absolutely no idea what we're going to do. We still don't have a closing date on the house - it'll be at least another 3 weeks before we can move in there. Storing our stuff wouldn't be too much of a problem, but finding a place for US and the 2 cats for 3 weeks is a whole different story.

Stress city, baby. If I disappear in a week, at least you know why.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Geez, Casey new
      #101400 - 08/25/04 05:45 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

What the heck???? Darn!!!! No way you can extend the lease?
Can you find one of those places you rent by the week? We have some in our area but I forgot what you call them. They have little kitchens and everything and you rent by the day or week. Any relatives you could stay with?

Another suggestion if a place doesn't take pets. Could you board the cats until you move to the house or do you have friends that could take them for that time?

Gee, Casey, I don't know what else to say except good luck in finding a place. I'll be thinking about you.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Speaking of stress.... new
      #101408 - 08/25/04 06:08 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

is there someone you can put the cats with for a few weeks:?? and stay at an extended stay place yourselves?

just a thought..

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#101410 - 08/25/04 06:19 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well Sh*t. What else can ya say. I am sorry to hear your having all this happen. I agree with everyone else see if can find someone to take care of your cats and stay at one of those extened stay places. I am sorry Casey. Good luck hon and keep us posted if you can.

--------------------
Heather7476

Thanks guys, but... new
      #101411 - 08/25/04 06:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

First of all, there's nobody who can take my cats. They're mostly feral and very difficult, even for me . Boarding would be an option, as long as it's really, really, REALLY cheap, because we're barely struggling by on a single pathetic income right now.

Neither of us has family or friends that we can stay with, even for a few weeks. I mean, I do, but not up here - I'd basically have to move back to NJ without Adam, and then move back up once he's in the house.

My head is totally spinning. This is so not what I needed right now.

#101417 - 08/25/04 07:14 PM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

What a nightmare. I hope you find a solution for you and the cats.

Best of luck, and fingers crossed firmly that you can sort this out.

Catherine

Re: Thanks guys, but... new
      #101423 - 08/25/04 07:39 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Sorry Casey, that really sucks! I hope something will work out for you and you cats. That's to bad!

I wish you luck in the next few days!

--------------------

#101433 - 08/25/04 08:08 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

That's horrible! I hope you find a place to stay, I am sure someone would take in such a charming gal as yourself, your BF, and a couple of fuzzy visitors
Good luck, I really have no idea what I would do in that situation

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Thanks guys, but... new
      #101437 - 08/25/04 08:36 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

This is a long shot but...Is the house your moving into vacant? Can you get permission from the current owner - if it is empty - to store your stuff into the garage?

Then the season is almost over: vacation or second homes might lower their price in Sept??? Talk with an agent, your church, co-workers. I am sure you thought about all this... I hope your feeling OK I know you mentioned you were having a bad day with the IBS... Good Luck.

If your really fired up I would contact someone at NECN!!! Is one week legal?

Maybe someone from your family in NJ knows someone in Maine that has a second home.

Well that's all I can think of - Good luck.

Re: Casey ! new
      #101442 - 08/25/04 09:09 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

OMGosh, you are right, this is the last thing you need. I pray this works out for ya'll.

There are some motels Casey that rent by the week, in fact I can't imagine anyone owning that type of business that wouldn't be open to a weekly deal. Check them out, you will probably find something affordable, it may not be beautiful, but clean means alot.

My husband and I used to be very busy with our kids when they were at home, we were on the road almost every weekend when they were in High School (long story)...most of the places we stayed had weekly and monthly set ups.

Good luck honey, and remember, you two and the kitties are in my prayers.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4676 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 878

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review