All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Jules .... where are you?? (Still on the honeymoon..hehehe) -nt- new
      #101032 - 08/24/04 02:43 PM
EdoraD

Reged: 08/24/04

How exciting for you! I had to reply because I'm in the same boat and I know sometimes it's nice to hear what other's are experiencing. I'm 5 weeks and have had IBS-C for what seems like a lifetime. I always took the easy way out & would take a laxative Friday night so I could get some relief on the weekend. I tried Zelnorm & it worked for 2 weeks then stopped working. Now that I'm pregnant I've had to stop taking laxatives & decided now is the time to manage this naturally. It's sooooo hard! I too look like I'm a few months pregnant, but for whatever reason for the last few days I've been "going" once or twice a day! I don't know if it's the hormone change or the fact that I'm forcing myself to take Citrucel at night & prune juice in the morning. Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#101137 - 08/25/04 05:43 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Thanks Casey and Cristine. My DH is 32 and wanted to scratch the itch before he got too old. He was doing baby math and figured out that he'd be 50 when the kid graduated high school. We wanted to be empty nesters at the youngest age possible!

Edora, congats to you too! I've been taking the Acacia from Heather and it's really working wonders. I did the laxative thing too but now I can't use anything. Which is good, I guess, because I think that I did become dependant on them. I find that eight glasses of water and 1.5 teaspoons (at least right now) of the acacia is working for me.

Do you have morning sickness? I have been lucky so far. I'm just really really tired. I had a headache for about a week, but that went away.

Anyway, congrats again and good luck to you as well!

--------------------
~jules

Congrats!!! new
      #101225 - 08/25/04 09:33 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What exciting news!!! Keep us updated on how the pregnancy goes!!

#101350 - 08/25/04 02:37 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Well, hello, EdoraD!! Welcome and glad you posted!! Good for you for deciding to try and manage your IBS naturally!! That Citrucel is a good thing and there's lots of other good suggestions on the regular part of this website. Heather's books are really helpful too.

Keep coming back, okay??

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 499 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1516

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review