All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS & Weight Loss ~~Tuesday~~
      #310894 - 07/10/07 07:01 PM
MiamiCarla

Reged: 06/25/07

THANKS Niki! That's great that you are going to have a personal trainer. AWESOME! I know accountability really does make a difference. That's one of the reasons I went back to the weight watchers meetings. I can't keep using IBS as an excuse. I have to find a way! Good luck to you with all that's going on. And come back & let us know how you are doing.

today:
10:AM - Reduced Fat Cheez-Its
12:PM - Red Bull (I had to)
3:PM - The last of the left over Imperial Rice
4PM - peach
4:30 - Walking 25 minutes HOT HOT HOT
7:PM - Started the WW Meetings tonight:) 232.2
9:PM - 1 1/2 c. white rice w/ 1 c. black beans
9:30 - peach
9:45 - 2 c. Kashi cereal w/ 1 c. soymilk + 1 tsp sugar

no BM yet today - VERY WEIRD!!!!

--------------------
Carla
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS & Weight Loss ~~Tuesday~~ new
      #310897 - 07/10/07 08:25 PM
Carrie Lenehan

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Mansfield, Ohio USA

Hey girl, Congratulations hooking up with weight watchers. I have been a lifetime member for 15 years but just got back to goal for the first time in about 14 in February. You can do it! It is great to see you are journaling. They actually needed some extra help at our class so now I am a weigher. I would have never thought it. You also might try adding Xango to your weight loss regimen. The biggest effect Xango had for me was helping with my IBS (about gone after 35+ years!) I think it also helped me finally take off my weight too. God bless,
Carrie
www.GetTheRushNow.com

#310903 - 07/11/07 01:13 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

It's great that you're trying to get in shape, but some of the foods you're eating aren't IBS safe -- especially for someone with IBS-D! Cheez-Its and Red Bull? Two peaches in one day without any SF to cushion it? And I think the Kashi cereal might be too high in IF. I really hope you don't have a D attack. You might want to re-read through the IBS guidelines that these boards and site are based on (Heather's Eating for IBS Diet). Also, in the past when folks post food that's not IBS safe they just say "UFO" -- for Unidentified Food Object (I think). It's so newbies don't assume that what a person lists is IBS safe, when it isn't. Anyway, best wishes and keep up the good work with the WW meetings!

#310912 - 07/11/07 07:51 AM
MiamiCarla

Thanks for your help Maria! I will use the UFO from now when I know it's not IBS safe, if I slip one, please educate me. I do have Heathers book & I should look through it again. One of the reasons I'm being a bit risky is because I'm home (I'm a teacher & am home for the summer). I know Cheez-its were a bad "quick" choice. I should have grabbed my Luna Bar, I was in a hurry & forgot. The Reb Bull I know is bad, so many people have told me (scolded me more like it). But I need energy. Iron isn't enough. Any suggestions? Again THANKS!

--------------------
Carla
IBS-D

#310913 - 07/11/07 07:53 AM
MiamiCarla

Maria - I forgot to ask what is IF that you think is in Kashi?

--------------------
Carla
IBS-D

#310914 - 07/11/07 07:54 AM
MiamiCarla

Carrie ~ Thanks for your encouraging words! What is Xango?

--------------------
Carla
IBS-D

#310999 - 07/11/07 08:16 PM
lalala

Well, I'm thinking it's whole grains so that's probably high in insoluble fiber (IF). If it's not bothering you - that's great! But if it is you might want to try eating it with something high in soluble fiber (SF), like a soluble fiber supplement or some white bread.

#311001 - 07/11/07 08:23 PM
lalala

I think if you cut out the caffeine, you'll probably feel like you have more energy because you won't have the highs and lows that come with it. I know it's hard, but for me a Red Bull would also cause some serious D and I'd be, literally, pooped out!

I've heard that potassium is a good energy boost, so maybe a banana in the mornings or a banana in a fruit smoothie? If inulin doesn't bother you (it's in Luna Bars, so if you can tolerate Luna Bars, then it probably doesn't bother you), you might want to try substituting Teeccino. It's a coffee substitute and a good source of potassium. I think it's tasty!

Maybe someone else will come along with some better energy-boosting ideas. Anyway, keep up the good work! Glad to see people posting on the fitness boards again!

#311018 - 07/12/07 03:08 AM
MiamiCarla

You are right. The box shows 5g of Insoluble Fiber (IF) and 1g Soluble Fiber. I haven't had a terrible attack. But as soon as school starts I'll stop having this cereal for breakfast. The IF + Stress = Disaster if you know what I mean. Thanks again!

--------------------
Carla
IBS-D

#311027 - 07/12/07 08:32 AM
Carrie Lenehan

Reged: 06/21/07
Loc: Mansfield, Ohio USA

I'm glad you are inquiring. Xango is a dietary supplement which can help with physical conditions caused by inflammation. It is primarily Mangosteen fruit juice. Mangosteens are from SouthEast Asia and have a chemical compound called Xanthones (43 different Xanthones) and these are responsible for the great effects. It has helped me with my IBS more than I can say and also with weight loss. I can email you more information about it.
Blessings to you and keep up the good work!
Carrie Lenehan
www.GetTheRushNow.com

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5696

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review