All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Exercise Question
      #308110 - 05/29/07 10:15 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I began exercising about three weeks ago. Aerobics (40 mins per day) and upper and lower body with weight 4 x per week.

Here is the fly in the ointment. Since I began exercising and cutting back on my food intake I barely go once a day. I use to go two-three times per day and it was wonderful.

I am eating oatmeal or quaker oatmeal squares for breakfast, chicken with vegetables and white rice for lunch and eggbeater omelet with bacos for dinner. Snacks include lil soy dreamers, V-8, banana and applesauce.

Any idea of what might be happening?

P.S. I also take 3 cooking tablespoons of Acacia per day.

Thanks
Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Exercise Question new
      #308111 - 05/30/07 02:33 AM
Natalia82

Reged: 03/22/07
Loc: Holland

I am not sure this might be the problem but when you exercise a lot your body needs more food, so why did you cut your food intake down at the same time as starting to exercise? Maybe your body just doesnt get enough food now and that is why the bm's are not every day. Like i said, dont know if its the problem, but it might be worth a try to go back to the old intake amount.

#308280 - 05/31/07 06:00 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

Thanks Natalie. I think you might have hit on something here.

I cut my calories and fat back a great deal. Some days I don't even eat a 1000 calories per day!!!

My body might be starving for more food and it also might be retaining my stored fat for lack of enough food.

I made the mistake of thinking I would lose weight if I cut back on my food intake. I cut back too much.

Thanks again, I will keep note of this during the upcoming week while I exercise.

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

#308596 - 06/05/07 12:23 PM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

Don't cut out all the fat in your diet. Your body still needs it for your brain function and general health. As you figured out too little food puts you in the starvation mode. Keep eating but do it in small meals over the whole day. You'll keep your blood sugar levels up and stable which will help you to actually loose weight more efficiently and permanently.

As far as the BM's go. If your using more of what you eat there's less to get rid of. What you've put down as your main food intake won't create too much waste. Plus, make sure you get plenty of water in your diet since your using the Acacia and exercising heavily. You don't need to go 2-3 times a day. Once is good enough but even then sometimes you'll miss a day because there just wasn't much waste in what you ate.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 33 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review