curious about T tapp?
      #303417 - 03/28/07 04:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Here is a you tube video to watch...
video with Theresa Tapp

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: curious about T tapp? new
      #303475 - 03/29/07 07:25 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Has it helped any of your IBS symptoms, Little Minnie?

Do you do this everyday for 45 minutes? Plus your walking? I need more exercise, but it's so hard to find the time. I could do this at home....if I made time.

My computer won't let me watch the video without it stopping and starting.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#303483 - 03/29/07 08:20 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Jordy how are you doing? I was wondering if you were doing exercise to help the bloating/C. I find exercise the best thing to prevent bloating for me. I tend to get bloated in the evening even if I eat properly, but exercising in the late afternoon really helps. What do you do now for exercise?

Now that the weather is getting warmer, going for walks/runs outside is a good idea.

--------------------
Kat

#303505 - 03/29/07 11:23 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Hi K2!
I walk 30 minutes a day, outside. Can't get up to a very fast pace, though. I tried to run, but I can't even make a block! Plus, it hurts my knees. Jeesh, I used to run cross country!

I also do some light stretching before dinner.

What exercise do you do that helps the bloat? That is my number one complaint right now!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#303578 - 03/29/07 07:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

No it has not helped my symptoms and it has also had no physical results yet other than flaring my hip injury for a while. But for those with less to lose weight loss can take a long time. Those who keep with it always get results. Anyway it is all focused on less is more. So the exercise is way harder than it seems at first and then it becomes more noticeable as you do it how hard it is! It can require much exertion! The recommended amount of tapping is to do a 4-10 day 'bootcamp' at the beginning and then every other day. Walking can be supplemented if desired. People get results on 20 minutes every other day. I do more because I want to and am used to it and for IBS. But it is seriously hard even to do what seems easy if you do it right. It all makes sense but it is tough to handle the slow results for someone like me. Those who are not in shape and pretty overweight get tremendous results in just days.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#303594 - 03/30/07 05:53 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I always found that doing ab crunches followed by stretching (some of the yoga poses for gas are good) really helped bloating. The ab crunches seem to get things moving along and the stretching feels like it opens a pathway for things to move out (including trapped air). I also give myself a 'tummy massage' each day, just literally rub your belly, massage around.

Walking I find nice too, but as an IBS-D I think walking helps more for that than for C. Walking should help bloating though.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 232 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2755

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review